PDA

View Full Version : Used Cars/Trucks

dirty old man
01-26-2006, 12:00 PM
I hear its not a good deal to buy a used car in CA, AZ right now as some of the flooded vehicles from New Orleans are showing up without salvage pinks. Last time in LA, I never saw so many used car lots, why do they need to bring in more from out of state?

SB
01-26-2006, 12:22 PM
I heard this has not really been a problem because those cars were so totally and obviously destroyed no one has bothered to resell them.

Sleek-Jet
01-26-2006, 01:30 PM
I heard this has not really been a problem because those cars were so totally and obviously destroyed no one has bothered to resell them.
I was reading an article in Car and Driver last month about how it was a race between the cops getting the VIN number down of all the flooded cars, and the tow companies pulling them out of the neighborhoods.
According to the article, there has been a concerted effort to document what cars have been flood damaged. Of course, not all states referance the insurance data base, so it's possible to "wash" (no pun intended) the titles through those states, and then sell them elsewhere with a clean title.

Sleek-Jet
01-26-2006, 01:32 PM
Here we go...
http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=4&article_id=10400

speedygonzalez
01-26-2006, 01:53 PM
If you suspect the car or truck may be from disaster area ask for a carfax on car, if they can't or won't give you one run it your self @carfax.com they will charge you a small fee but well worth it . look for what state the car was tiltled and when in the report.