PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Sell Cars on EBay?

Boozer
01-09-2007, 08:00 AM
For almost a year now I have had a side business wholeselling Hondas and Acuras. I'm sick of dealing with car dealers and I have been thinking about selling retail to consumers. I don't want to open a dealership because I don't want the headaches and I don't want the over head so I have been thinking about selling cars on EBay.
Do any of you use Ebay to sell cars on a regular basis? If so what kind of problems do you run into and what kind of results have you achieved?

ratso
01-09-2007, 08:09 AM
I could tell you about all the times people tried scamming me that were selling cars on ebay. Dealers seem to be okay, but then you get all these clowns that buy shit... and I do mean shit, for no other reason than to try and fukk people over... they mis-represent their cars, half the time they don't know what they really have anyway, and ebay is flooded with this crap. I am a dealer, and I don't buy much of anything off of there anymore because of all the con artists. They are a waste of my time.

LAND_LOVER69
01-09-2007, 08:18 AM
For almost a year now I have had a side business wholeselling Hondas and Acuras. I'm sick of dealing with car dealers and I have been thinking about selling retail to consumers. I don't want to open a dealership because I don't want the headaches and I don't want the over head so I have been thinking about selling cars on EBay.
Do any of you use Ebay to sell cars on a regular basis? If so what kind of problems do you run into and what kind of results have you achieved?
I work in a small Chevy dealer in Maryland. We have sold quite a few wholesale vehicles on Ebay. The best you can do is to be honest and disclose everything good and bad about the vehicle, pictures say a thousand words. Do not accept personal checks, disclose the vehicle being sold as is where is with no warranty available. Customer must make arrangements to pick up vehicle in a timely manner with payment in full. You will have a few people give you hassle but not that many. You will most likely get more cash for an older Acura or Honda on Ebay than you will from a wholesale buyer!
Good Luck:)

Moneypitt
01-09-2007, 08:18 AM
I could tell you about all the times people tried scamming me that were selling cars on ebay. Dealers seem to be okay, but then you get all these clowns that buy shit... and I do mean shit, for no other reason than to try and fukk people over... they mis-represent their cars, half the time they don't know what they really have anyway, and ebay is flooded with this crap. I am a dealer, and I don't buy much of anything off of there anymore because of all the con artists. They are a waste of my time.
I have never bought anything off ebay, so I have no 1st hand experience, but it seems like so many horror stories come to light, vs the good stories. I realize people don't bitch about good deals, so it is normal the bads outweight the goods. Now throw used cars into that mix and Oh boy, it's tough enough to buy used cars up close and personal......I now return you to Boozer's thread..........MP

ratso
01-09-2007, 08:31 AM
I work in a small Chevy dealer in Maryland. We have sold quite a few wholesale vehicles on Ebay. The best you can do is to be honest and disclose everything good and bad about the vehicle, pictures say a thousand words. Do not accept personal checks, disclose the vehicle being sold as is where is with no warranty available. Customer must make arrangements to pick up vehicle in a timely manner with payment in full. You will have a few people give you hassle but not that many. You will most likely get more cash for an older Acura or Honda on Ebay than you will from a wholesale buyer!
Good Luck:)
There are a handful of dealers I have bought from... almost all good experiences. It's these tools that decide they want to sell their junk on ebay that I can't stand. I met a few around Houston, they buy shit at the auction, cover up any problems the best they can and stick it on ebay, misrepresent it... call it mint when there is paint and body work bumper to bumper. I tried to buy an Audi (when I met two of these pricks)... pictures were awesome. The interior stunk to high heaven, half the panels on the car had been painted, noticed an oil leak and layed down under the front and they had newspaper glassed around the edge of the oil pan... I pulled it back and oil started pouring out, and the guy had the nerve to ask me what I just did to cause the car to start pouring oil out! I could write a damn novel on shit I've seen people try to sell. The last trip I took to look at a car took me from 10am until 6pm to get back home. I didn't bring the car. It's a joke. I'd say 75% of the vehicles are crap or grossly misrepresented (not including dealers) although some of them are shady too, but not near as many. I won't even mention all the spoof emails where people are trying to screw you over and scam money out of you. ebay's security sucks too...http://***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif

HocusPocus
01-09-2007, 08:39 AM
over the years i have bought and sold several things on ebay including 1 vehicle without any problems. my best luck at selling boats and cars came from using craigslist.org and it was free.