PDA

View Full Version : PS3 and Wii availability?

Trailer Park Casanova
01-10-2007, 11:14 AM
Have supplies loosened up yet?
I read Sony is hurting and is relying on big sales and is falling short of deliveries on the Ps3
Are they showing up anyplace for sale?

a catered life
01-10-2007, 11:19 AM
yea sony really screwed themselves bad..they botched their delivery dates, didnt ship enough units, and was priced to high
the wii is doing very well because of that
but x box is the one who is really cleaning up behind this mess heard yesterday they are projecting to increase the amount of units in households by almost 35% by the end of june
dam i wish i was bill gate long lost son:D

robk
01-10-2007, 11:26 AM
Both of the Targets near me (Aliso Viejo and Irvine) received rather large shipments of Wiis on Monday... 60 at one and 27 at the other, which is substantially higher than the previous 5-10 unit shipments they've been seeing.
I've seen signs for PS3s in stock at some of the Gamestops around here too.
Rob

Boozer
01-10-2007, 11:31 AM
I'm glad to see XBox finally getting the respect it deserves. I have been a die hard XBox fan since the release of the first one and never understood why so many people stayed true to Sony when the XBox was clearly a better machine. Sony was on crack for thinking that consumers would go crazy for a machine that costs $600.
A friend of mine manages a local Taget store and is going to be holding a Nintendo Wii for me when the next shipment comes in. I was going to stick with my XBox 360 alone but for $250 I figure the Wii is worth giving a shot too. I'm pretty stoked to see how well the motion sensitive controllers actually work.

buzzaro
01-10-2007, 12:05 PM
I'm glad to see XBox finally getting the respect it deserves. I have been a die hard XBox fan since the release of the first one and never understood why so many people stayed true to Sony when the XBox was clearly a better machine. Sony was on crack for thinking that consumers would go crazy for a machine that costs $600.
A friend of mine manages a local Taget store and is going to be holding a Nintendo Wii for me when the next shipment comes in. I was going to stick with my XBox 360 alone but for $250 I figure the Wii is worth giving a shot too. I'm pretty stoked to see how well the motion sensitive controllers actually work.
I think it was about the games, and the back compatibility with previous PS games, buying a new machine is more like upgrading where buying a different brand is like starting over. Also theyve got all the good sports games.

shueman
01-10-2007, 12:06 PM
Both of the Targets near me (Aliso Viejo and Irvine) received rather large shipments of Wiis on Monday... 60 at one and 27 at the other, which is substantially higher than the previous 5-10 unit shipments they've been seeing.
I've seen signs for PS3s in stock at some of the Gamestops around here too.
Rob
Yep, saw 2 PS3's the other day at GameStop....kicked the boxes just to make sure....:)

Trailer Park Casanova
01-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Have about 2 grand in playstation games, a big Felix the Cat bag o trix full of ps games in the truck & the newer machines play the old games.
But,, do the kids really still play the old games??
Thinking of a format change, and just move on.

robk
01-10-2007, 12:28 PM
The Wii is awesome. Not as your typical die-hard gamer console, but as one that just about *anyone* will pick up immediately and enjoy.
Still haven't decided to put down the cash for the PS3, I don't think I'd play it enough. At $250, the Wii fit the bill perfectly.
Rob

riverracerx
01-10-2007, 06:27 PM
Die hard 360 fan here. It is a shooters console.
See you on LIVE!
http://www.generationmp3.com/bigfiles/Neko/gow05_screen3.jpg

Debbolas
01-10-2007, 06:30 PM
I MUST have a Wi!!!:D
One of our friends brought theirs over last week and it was amazing!!
(he had to wait in line for it)
When will they release more?!

OutCole'd
01-10-2007, 06:32 PM
See you on LIVE!
Looks just like you.

a catered life
01-10-2007, 06:46 PM
See you on LIVE!
this game is kicking ass and taking names all over the online world

robk
01-10-2007, 07:21 PM
I MUST have a Wi!!!:D
One of our friends brought theirs over last week and it was amazing!!
(he had to wait in line for it)
When will they release more?!
I found mine using itrackr.com... it's free unless you want them to send you email or text alerts (which you dont need). Just check it in the morning before the stores open.
Target seems to be getting quite a few these days.
Rob