PDA

View Full Version : Barry Bonds and Meth

BRSTQUEST
01-11-2007, 01:28 PM
"NEW YORK - Barry Bonds failed a test for amphetamines last season and originally blamed it on a teammate, the Daily News reported Thursday."
Good job Barry...Not only do you have Roid Rage now your going to be tweaking on top of it...
I hope each and every time you step up to the plate teams either bean you or walk you on four pitches. No way do you deserve to be the all-time homerun king...
Glad to see he is taking responsibility for it also, blaming it on another teammate...Sounds a little like Palmero blaming it on his teammate...Face it guys, you got caught cheating and standup like a man and take your lumps

DILLIGAF
01-11-2007, 01:34 PM
Taking speed (cross top whites) -vs- doing meth are two different things. I suspect it was of the pill variety.

tgotch
01-11-2007, 01:34 PM
Bonds is a loser!
Here is a link to the story if anyone is interested:
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?id=2727325&sport=headlines&ft=ss

centerhill condor
01-11-2007, 01:35 PM
more proof that money has ruined the game. Tax money that is.

BRSTQUEST
01-11-2007, 01:48 PM
Taking speed (cross top whites) -vs- doing meth are two different things. I suspect it was of the pill variety.
Either way its against the rules. We are talking about the same thing. If he chooses to swallow his drug Vs. smoking it, or snorting it, or shooting up makes no difference.
I would feel the same if he decided to take 250 Sudifeds, its against the rules, period....
And for him to blame a teammate is just wrong...How would it sound if I was caught at work and said, "hey, I saw it in Jim's locker and thought what the hell. I wasn't sure what it was but I took it anyway." I don't think my boss would give a rats ars where I got it from.
Barry is a horrible human who grew up a spoiled brat and has never grown up...Next iam sure he will blame it on the "white" media, saying some how they set him and his father up...

DILLIGAF
01-11-2007, 01:54 PM
Either way its against the rules. We are talking about the same thing. If he chooses to swallow his drug Vs. smoking it, or snorting it, or shooting up makes no difference.
I would feel the same if he decided to take 250 Sudifeds, its against the rules, period....
And for him to blame a teammate is just wrong...How would it sound if I was caught at work and said, "hey, I saw it in Jim's locker and thought what the hell. I wasn't sure what it was but I took it anyway." I don't think my boss would give a rats ars where I got it from.
Barry is a horrible human who grew up a spoiled brat and has never grown up...Next iam sure he will blame it on the "white" media, saying some how they set him and his father up...
Not arguing it is legal just that the "Meth" reference is misleading....more than likely.
Baseball players have always taken speed. In the past they used to have them sitting around for anybody to take before games. Same in football and I suspect other sports as well.
Ya, Barry sucks as a human being.
I say F IT. Let em take whatever the **** they want.

THOR
01-11-2007, 02:39 PM
Barry also broke the unwritten rule of not ratting out a fellow teammate. This guy is such a tool and deserves a lifetime ban. In addition, there will be more stuff coming out soon regarding Bonds and steriods proving that he did it. I can tell you when, but it will. I have a pretty good source.

Baja Big Dog
01-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Three words M V P
This will be the ultimate slap in the face of baseball and the fans that support/pay for it.
Rose out....Bonds in.....
Wanna bet?

Ziggy
01-11-2007, 09:40 PM
What a Dick :rolleyes:
You can bet your booty if he should become the all time leader it will be sorely tainted.............ala McGuire.
Maybe his silver spoon has been ever so slightened tarnished. That little "innocent" babyface of his can't buy off the fans much longer. We're the dumb ones to forgive these roll model, multi-millionaire, crybaby, superstar sports figures repeatedly.
Shame on Bonds the first time, shame on the fans the rest of the times.:mad:

Havasu_Dreamin
01-11-2007, 09:44 PM
Three words M V P
This will be the ultimate slap in the face of baseball and the fans that support/pay for it.
Wanna bet?
Given what we've seen happen with the HOF voting this week and McGwire, the only way Bonds will be in the HOF is if he pays admission like the rest of us.....

Baja Big Dog
01-11-2007, 09:52 PM
Given what we've seen happen with the HOF voting this week and McGwire, the only way Bonds will be in the HOF is if he pays admission like the rest of us.....
Gotta agree with you...its a shame to see McGuires name and Bonds in the sentence!!!

Cas
01-11-2007, 10:05 PM
Given what we've seen happen with the HOF voting this week and McGwire
yea, isn't it great that a lot of the people voting are alcoholics and druggies....makes a lot of sense to me.

HavasuSelect
01-11-2007, 10:24 PM
You took the words outta my mouth. This guys rep just keeps getting better and better......
Roids
Adultrey
Tax Fraud
Purgery
Meth
What's next?

Cas
01-11-2007, 10:32 PM
You took the words outta my mouth. This guys rep just keeps getting better and better......
Roids
Adultrey
Tax Fraud
Purgery
Meth
What's next?
don't know but maybe OJ or Michael Jackson are involved

HavasuSelect
01-11-2007, 10:44 PM
don't know but maybe OJ or Michael Jackson are involved
Anythings possible.....
I highly doubt Bond's will get into the hall though. Although you know he's gonna get at least 2 votes from Joe Morgan and Tony Gwynn (when he's eligible to vote).
Anybody ever been to Cooperstown? It's an amazing experience to walk through the hall.

THOR
01-12-2007, 07:34 AM
Three words M V P
Wanna bet?
Actually MVP is three letters. :idea:
Bonds is a mediocre position player at best. Any person that cant throw a baseball from left field to third base doesnt deserve one vote to the hall of fame. I wont even get into him throwing Sweeney under the bus for meth and using the juice for his entire career.

Desert Rat
01-12-2007, 08:01 AM
Big difference in baseball and the football hall of fames... LT in on the first vote?!? :sqeyes: But don't the same writers vote in both? Can somebody clarify?? Big Mac isn't in because he decided not to go before Congress and testify which is his right, nothing proved with the exception of Creatine which wasn't illegal at the time. Not right but I still can't figure out the double standards???

HavasuSelect
01-12-2007, 05:29 PM
Actually MVP is three letters. :idea:
Bonds is a mediocre position player at best. Any person that cant throw a baseball from left field to third base doesnt deserve one vote to the hall of fame. I wont even get into him throwing Sweeney under the bus for meth and using the juice for his entire career.
Don't get me wrong here, I hate Bonds as much, if not more than anyone but he was a good defensive player. He won gold gloves 90-94 and 96-98.
He's only going to hurt the Giants more than help them.