PDA

View Full Version : Can your Rhino do this?

Dream Chaser
01-11-2007, 07:56 PM
This could be fun at the sandbar http://www.watercar.com/video.html

DMOORE
01-11-2007, 08:18 PM
I want one!!!
Darrell.

phebus
01-11-2007, 08:29 PM
If the claims are true, it's pretty impressive
WaterCar Specifications
The WaterCar is a fiberglass amphibious vehicle styled after the 2002 Convertible Camaro body style. It is powered by a Turbo charged 2.5 Liter 300 HP Subaru engine. The transmission is a Rancho Type I-4 speed manual transmission. The four wheel independent suspension and brakes are late model C-4 Corvette with stainless steel rotors.
The WaterCar can reach speeds in excess of 125 MPH on land and the drivability with the Corvette suspension is outstanding. Once the WaterCars is driven into the water all four wheels are hydraulically retracted with the flip of a switch. The bottom covers that enclose the wheel well are also hydraulically extended to create a smooth high speed bottom which allows the WaterCar to easily hit speeds of 40 MPH on the water. The Marine Drive is a Berkeley 12JE Jet Drive with a place diverter to control the ride depending on water conditions. The WaterCar has four usable seats and the doors are fully functional. The aircraft style lock assembly assures the doors are completely water tight for water operation. The WaterCar has a removable center mount ski pole which makes it ideal for wake boarding or skiing.
This sporty four-seater makes it possible to drive to the lake, experience an exhilarating boat ride and drive back home again without ever leaving your car!
I'm afraid to ask what it costs!!

Dream Chaser
01-11-2007, 08:34 PM
Like the Rhino/ Jeep style better than the Camaro but that would be fun also. Check out the last video when "the bachelor" took his date for a cruise in Newport dont think she was ready to get wet LOL

RiverRatMike
01-11-2007, 08:57 PM
This could be fun at the sandbar http://www.watercar.com/video.html
and by the way.... yes it can!