PDA

View Full Version : Call for Price?????WTF.

No Name
01-13-2007, 04:27 PM
Been looking at boats on www.offshoreonly.com for the last few weeks and seems like most of the manufactures donÂ’t have the balls to put a price on the boats they advertise. All I see is call for price or call for best price. Well I took the bait and called a few manufactures and found out why they want you to call for price. I just about fell out of my focking chair when I found out the price of some of these new boatsÂ…Â…WTF
I did find a few manufactures that did have the balls to put up a price and one of them was Kachina, yes I said it Kachina. And for 124,990.00 you can buy a brand new 34Â’ fully loaded with 496hoÂ’s. Well after looking at what some of the manufactures want for a boat of that size I have to say, if I was in the market for a new boat I think I would find my way right back to Kachina.
Most of us only keep a new boat for two to three years before we are ready for a new one. I for one would hate to be one of those people who paid 200.000.00 to 300,000.00 for a new boat only to loose 75,000.00 to 150,000.00 in two years. LetÂ’s face it we take these boats out and abuse them, beach them on shore, have people climbing all over them and party like itÂ’s 1999. And when itÂ’s time to sell all we have is a used boat, nothing more nothing less.
IÂ’m very curious to see what will happen with the boat market this year.
I guess with all the boat spam on here lately I just wanted to give Kachina itÂ’s props.;)
http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-13118.html

No Name
01-13-2007, 04:46 PM
same thing in the mags "call for price":idea: :(
Well if you do decided to call on any just make sure youÂ’re sitting...:D

DMOORE
01-13-2007, 04:49 PM
Whenever I see" Call for price", to me ,that means move on to the next one.
Darrell.

shockwaveharry
01-13-2007, 04:50 PM
...I just about fell out of my focking chair when I found out the price of some of these new boatsÂ…Â…WTF...
Maybe you should consider a used boat instead?

No Name
01-13-2007, 04:53 PM
Maybe you should consider a used boat instead?
My next boat will be used. But for once in my life IÂ’m going to be smart and wait until next year. I may be wrong but I think we may see some changes in the boat market this year.

phebus
01-13-2007, 04:57 PM
If you are buying a custom boat, from a custom boat manufacturer, I would think it would be impossible for them to advertise a price, unless the boat was spec'd out.
Any price that I saw advertised, I would be very skeptical of, thinking it was a bare bones price, and where would the real price go from there.

No Name
01-13-2007, 05:02 PM
I may be wrong but I think we may see some changes in the boat market this year.
Here is a good example. IÂ’ve been watching this boat for almost a year. The price started at 170.000.00 and heÂ’s down to 135,000.00 and still no sale. 525Â’s with only 60 hours. I would guess that boat was over 200,000.00 when he bought it new.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-11442.html

phebus
01-13-2007, 05:04 PM
Very nice boat, but I do feel graphics are a huge selling point in any boat, and in my opinion, those graphics are holding him back.

No Name
01-13-2007, 05:07 PM
If you are buying a custom boat, from a custom boat manufacturer, I would think it would be impossible for them to advertise a price, unless the boat was spec'd out.
Any price that I saw advertised, I would be very skeptical of, thinking it was a bare bones price, and where would the real price go from there.
They could advertise a base price with 496hoÂ’s and standard equipment. If you wanted to upgrade then the price would be more, but at least you would have a starting point.

No Name
01-13-2007, 05:09 PM
Very nice boat, but I do feel graphics are a huge selling point in any boat, and in my opinion, those graphics are holding him back.
Yeah, graphics are not the best. IÂ’m waiting for it to drop to 100,000.00 and then IÂ’ll be all over it.:D

phebus
01-13-2007, 05:10 PM
And, on the subject of graphics, I think the graphics on your boat is one reason it sold so quickly. The nicest Kachina I've seen.

No Name
01-13-2007, 05:13 PM
And, on the subject of graphics, I think the graphics on your boat is one reason it sold so quickly. The nicest Kachina I've seen.
Thank you.
BTW....been trying to sell it for a year.

Devil's Advocate
01-14-2007, 05:23 PM
I love the way the boat looked. So bright and just beautiful IMO.
I do hate to see the boat go..:cry: But I do think he's probably dumping it at a good time.

HocusPocus
01-14-2007, 05:38 PM
i have seen custom boats complete and ready to run and still they wont list a price for it. now i have noticed that even people selling used boats are using the "call for price" thing... all i can say is good luck to them.

HMF'er
01-14-2007, 06:00 PM
I love the way the boat looked. So bright and just beautiful IMO.
I do hate to see the boat go..:cry: But I do think he's probably dumping it at a good time.
Maybe he can buy it back next year for about $25k less than he sold it!

No Name
01-14-2007, 07:12 PM
Maybe he can buy it back next year for about $25k less than he sold it!
Hey Alex, move that boat in your avatar over a little so I can get a look at that bad ass Kachina behind it. :D :D

HMF'er
01-14-2007, 07:25 PM
Hey Alex, move that boat in your avatar over a little so I can get a look at that bad ass Kachina behind it. :D :D
If the galleries weren't so frigged up I would post a picture of your former boat for the memories.
Will the new owner be using it in Havasu?

BadKachina
01-14-2007, 07:28 PM
If the galleries weren't so frigged up I would post a picture of your former boat for the memories.
Here's one of it next to another BA Kachina.......
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/3078lhc1.jpg

No Name
01-14-2007, 07:34 PM
I donÂ’t think he does Havasu that much. But if you do see him say hi, heÂ’s a supper nice guy. You canÂ’t miss him, he looks like Arnold Swarzenager in his early years.
I just hope he doesnÂ’t have problems with the boat because I would hate for this guy to show up at my door step pissed off. :D

No Name
01-14-2007, 07:37 PM
Here's one of it next to another BA Kachina....
Thanks Paul, but you know I keep more pictures of my old boats then I do of my old girl friends. :eek: :D

SHOTKALLIN
01-14-2007, 07:38 PM
they were offering the new 39 Patron with twin 525's for under 200K :D Thats giving it away.