PDA

View Full Version : Skeleton's in my closet...............

blackcloud75
01-26-2006, 08:27 PM
I'll be the first admit it!!!!!! Before we all were into being boat owners we all had to start somewhere.........Found these Circa 1991 before I even had a Driver's license..
My parent's had a 21' Bahner and I had 3 of these....................
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1453lice1.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1453lice92.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1453lice91.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1453lice93.jpg
"Skeleton's in My Closet!!!!!!!!!!"

blackcloud75
01-26-2006, 08:28 PM
I will the first to say it...............
Blackcloud you freaking Lake Lice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs.Racer277
01-26-2006, 08:29 PM
Stand up riders are not Lake Lice. :) :) Cool Pics

SummitKarl
01-26-2006, 08:38 PM
right there with you BC. still got mine and it still runs. but the poor thing has to work real hard to pull me around these days :rolleyes: :)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/273476js400.jpg

tcook33
01-26-2006, 08:39 PM
nice, love to see that !!! i actually helped "oakley" get involved with this sport back in the day - i still hang and ride the two wheelers with the slasher (victor sheldon) - good job, don't be ashamed, some of the best parties were in at the finals in october at the nautical, remember the "big haired" bonde racer chasers that used to hang around the circuit :220v: :cool: - keyes
Just wondering if there is/was ever a post that you dont drop a name..... :p :D

blackcloud75
01-26-2006, 08:40 PM
Funny to mention Victor Sheldon........this was a practice session were him and I railed together and sunk my boat....mod ski....later on that day.
this was down between Oceanside and Bonsall off hwy 76........

blackcloud75
01-26-2006, 08:41 PM
right there with you BC. still got mine and it still runs. but the poor thing has to work real hard to pull me around these days :rolleyes: :)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/273476js400.jpg
The good ol' PVC stands...still have one behind my house in moonridge
also have a ski tote/dolly if anybody wants it.....

tcook33
01-26-2006, 08:43 PM
I used to party with Larry Rippenkrueger(sp).....haha. Just messing with ya "namedropper"......er..I mean "keyes". :D :D

Mrs.Racer277
01-26-2006, 08:44 PM
nice......., who remembers "herbie fletcher" ?? .... you know he first piloted the "jet-ski" on the carlsbad lagoon (i think in 75' or 76'). i grew up with the fletch's in san clemente and used to "surf-jump" these things in the mid 80"s early 90"s w/them. nate and christan (fletcher) are great friends and are pro surfers making a killin' ..... godda love the 440 !!! keyes
Had a 440, 550, 750 :) Oh and a super jet. :)

Mrs.Racer277
01-26-2006, 08:45 PM
I used to party with Larry Rippenkrueger(sp).....haha. Just messing with ya "namedropper"......er..I mean "keyes". :D :D
LOL,.....that was funny. :rollside:

JetBoatRich
01-26-2006, 08:48 PM
I remember buying a brand new one in 1983 :cool: they were a lot more fun back then :rolleyes:

Mrs.Racer277
01-26-2006, 08:49 PM
\ya, ya, ya, what are you laughing at miss "troll" ?? ..... is that what that dude really called you ??? . f uck, not cool - how ya feelin' ?? d-no
Yep that is what I was called. :rolleyes: Nice huh. I am feeling good actually. Thanks for asking. I am hoping to be up to the boat show this weekend. :) :)

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
SWEET PIC'S !!!!! :rollside: :rollside:

blackcloud75
Pop Quiz:
1. Who knows the name of the inventor of the "Jet Ski"?
2. Do most of us knows where he lives? Hint: you can see it in the galleries.
Hint #2: It has grass on top........not sure if still owns it....

tcook33
01-26-2006, 08:50 PM
i know check my other post - the fletchers, are you kiddin' me ?? - don't be jealous and hating terry !!, not a lot of cool peeps where you are ? huh ? :rolleyes: :cool: :) - d-no
haha....nope...noone cool up here in Simi cept Joe dirt. I met him once.....ummm... just kiddin, I saw him in the trailer next door once.
Forildo....I've been around the way holmes, I just don't talk about it. Not my style.....I like your honesty though....... :cool: :D :D

Mrs.Racer277
01-26-2006, 08:50 PM
I remember buying a brand new one in 1983 :cool: they were a lot more fun back then :rolleyes:
Just do not forget your tool box, spark plugs, quick start, battery charger, etc etc etc. LOL

tcook33
01-26-2006, 08:51 PM
you don't know him, you're WAY older than him and the jet-ski craze !!!! :rolleyes: :cool: d-nizzel
Older????? I think he's old enough to be my dad.... :yuk: :p

Mrs.Racer277
01-26-2006, 08:52 PM
Pop Quiz:
1. Who knows the name of the inventor of the "Jet Ski"?
2. Do most of us knows where he lives? Hint: you can see it in the galleries.
Hint #2: It has grass on top........not sure if still owns it....
Clayton Jacobson

blackcloud75
01-26-2006, 08:53 PM
#1 has been answered correct....#2?????????????????????????????

Mrs.Racer277
01-26-2006, 08:55 PM
What do I win????? :) :p
I have no clue on #2

SummitKarl
01-26-2006, 08:56 PM
nice......., who remembers "herbie fletcher" ?? .... you know he first piloted the "jet-ski" on the carlsbad lagoon (i think in 75' or 76'). i grew up with the fletch's in san clemente and used to "surf-jump" these things in the mid 80"s early 90"s w/them. nate and christan (fletcher) are great friends and are pro surfers making a killin' ..... godda love the 440 !!! keyes
yup I know him keys, I grew up right on foxes harbor, lived right next to the Lathrops

SummitKarl
01-26-2006, 09:03 PM
he was orginally from PHX
clayton (http://inventors.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://web.mit.edu/invent/iow/watercraft.html)

Riverkid
01-26-2006, 09:11 PM
Man, those pics bring back the old days. Used to have a double decked ski trailer with three skis plus a buddy's on it - going to Parker every weekend. Jet Pilot suits, No Fear stickers, West Coast / PJS pipes, rebuilding top ends on the picnic tables at Red Rock on Sat night...
"Wally Gator Land" at Canyon Lake, Lost Lake runs with the OCJSC guys... Playing with the Marine MPs at Pendleton wave jumping. We rode those things all freakin day.

blackcloud75
01-26-2006, 09:13 PM
What do I win????? :) :p
I have no clue on #2
Prize!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1453freetoagoodhome.jpg

blackcloud75
01-26-2006, 09:15 PM
Sorry my side-kick here wanted to take a picture ......
Hint #2: Grass-roofed house next to sundance was his, where the sea plane was always parked

Mrs.Racer277
01-26-2006, 09:15 PM
Prize!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1453freetoagoodhome.jpg
OMG that is wrong in sooooooooooooooooooooooooo many ways. :boxingguy :lightsabe
Lake Lice :p

SHIFTY
01-26-2006, 09:16 PM
Mrs.Racer277
Wanting it All
WHY DON't YOU LOVE ME ANYMORE?

blackcloud75
01-26-2006, 09:16 PM
Man, those pics bring back the old days. Used to have a double decked ski trailer with three skis plus a buddy's on it - going to Parker every weekend. Jet Pilot suits, No Fear stickers, West Coast / PJS pipes, rebuilding top ends on the picnic tables at Red Rock on Sat night...
"Wally Gator Land" at Canyon Lake, Lost Lake runs with the OCJSC guys... Playing with the Marine MPs at Pendleton wave jumping. We rode those things all freakin day.
oceanside, blackies, cabrillo,

Mrs.Racer277
01-26-2006, 09:17 PM
Mrs.Racer277
Wanting it All
WHY DON't YOU LOVE ME ANYMORE?
I do love you Sexy! I will call you tomorrow. XXXOOOO

blackcloud75
01-26-2006, 09:18 PM
ya ha ha, that's beautiful, tell her in 10 years what it means :p :cool: -keyes
I spent 10 minutes trying to get her to do the shocker for ya.....

SHIFTY
01-26-2006, 09:19 PM
YOU've ALWAYS BEEN MY FAVORITE.
UNLESS THAT RED HEAD IS STILL AROUND, THEN I LOVE HER.

Riverkid
01-26-2006, 09:21 PM
nice, we must of been out on some of the same big days, we rode "dmj's" 3-4 times a week - mp's loved us - :rolleyes:
I used to work with Marty Moates (before he got into No Fear). We'd ditch half day all the time and launch down in O'Side. Had a blast. That guy was sure hard on equipment... Blew his hood off and sunk it in the waves - BS'd the MP's into towing his ski out through the sand to the road next to the 5 and that's where I picked him up... :) If we werent riding 'em we were fixing 'em...

SummitKarl
01-26-2006, 09:23 PM
I used to work with Marty Moates (before he got into No Fear). We'd ditch half day all the time and launch down in O'Side. Had a blast. That guy was sure hard on equipment... Blew his hood off and sunk it in the waves - BS'd the MP's into towing his ski out through the sand to the road next to the 5 and that's where I picked him up... :) If we werent riding 'em we were fixing 'em...
use to ride bikes with Marty, you know how he is, haven't seen him in 25yrs

Mrs.Racer277
01-26-2006, 09:25 PM
YOU've ALWAYS BEEN MY FAVORITE.
UNLESS THAT RED HEAD IS STILL AROUND, THEN I LOVE HER.
LMAO
Had it been anyone else but Bellababe it would have been over between us. :rolleyes: :p :p She is one hot mamma. Are you in the office tomorrow???

Mrs.Racer277
01-26-2006, 09:26 PM
I spent 10 minutes trying to get her to do the shocker for ya.....
LOL! BTW she is adorable. Love her Havi shirt. :p :p

Riverkid
01-26-2006, 09:27 PM
use to ride bikes with Marty, you know how he is, haven't seen him in 25yrs
Haven't seen him in maybe ten years - used to date my sis. Still at No Fear maybe with the twins? Never thought I was going to die until I went down to a Mexico race with that guy... Between the race and the bars, crashing his big Ford into the wall at the hotel one night, adventures all of them...

blackcloud75
01-26-2006, 09:28 PM
LOL! BTW she is adorable. Love her Havi shirt. :p :p
her favorite PJ's.........

SummitKarl
01-26-2006, 09:30 PM
ya great stories ..... we used to have the really young marines just sit there and watch us, and then the lt.'s and sgt's come along and kick there asses into gear, classic - not to name drop (tcook :rolleyes: ), but i used to ride w/ randy laine and randall boone a lot- two pioneers in wave jumping (the early years) - keyes
me too RL could clear the pier on a jump, dumba$$ me tried it, landed sideways knocked off the motor cowl and watched my ski bash the pier pilings all the way to shore :rolleyes:

SummitKarl
01-26-2006, 09:33 PM
Haven't seen him in maybe ten years - used to date my sis. Still at No Fear maybe with the twins? Never thought I was going to die until I went down to a Mexico race with that guy... Between the race and the bars, crashing his big Ford into the wall at the hotel one night, adventures all of them...
yes he truely had NO FEAR!!!!!!!!!!! crazy man...but funny as hell :)

Riverkid
01-26-2006, 09:33 PM
Everbody had to have those PIA hood latches (Big Kahuna?)... I filled my bad bad bones carbs up to the rim with sand a couple few times too many...
Aluminum handle poles?.. What money pits those things were. Funner than hell. :rollside:

Mrs.Racer277
01-26-2006, 09:35 PM
her favorite PJ's.........
She has great taste. :) :)

Riverkid
01-26-2006, 09:35 PM
yes he truely had NO FEAR!!!!!!!!!!! crazy man...but funny as hell :)
He was a sales manager at one of Slemon's car stores. Brought a different trade in home every night. Every morning it went back with four flat spotted tires... I think he was the body shop's best customer...

SummitKarl
01-26-2006, 09:53 PM
He was a sales manager at one of Slemon's car stores. Brought a different trade in home every night. Every morning it went back with four flat spotted tires... I think he was the body shop's best customer...
LMAO...............yup thats the Marty I remember :rolleyes: :)

blackcloud75
01-26-2006, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the pics/video Karl...

Riverkid
01-26-2006, 09:57 PM
There was a whole crew of us that worked for Slemon's that did that stuff. Can't believe we survived some of that crap.

maxwedge
01-27-2006, 01:12 AM
Ok, call me a lake lice or whatever, but I still love the stand ups, and I can't believe the crazy sh*t they are doing now! I'm just getting too old and it's friggin painfull to ride anymore, so I sold my JS550 last year. Also, I'm just wondering...does anybody else own a copy of Jet Dreams on VHS? The 1988? "world Tour Warmup" is a good one too. I dug these out of the basement last summer and couldn't stop laughing. I think I could have won the Freestyle competition, it's freaking hilarious. Everybody is wearing neon pink and green. "He's riding with no hands! Amazing!" :crossx:..."Check out the new X-2." My favorite, very stoned sounding Chris Fischetti quote from the video.. "With my Oakley blades, I blaze right through the competition like x-ray..huh, yeahh" LMAO
My Lice video collection. Highly recomended viewing :p
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/2890videos.JPG

framer1
01-27-2006, 05:40 AM
I still have two 550's in perfect condition on a trailer in the garage i haven't used in years anybody want to buy them :D I sure they need batteries. I used to love riding these things it wasn't like the sit downs that you could master in ten minutes. Lot of good times.

waterwitch
01-27-2006, 07:18 AM
When I was "younger" I was in love with Chris "the flying fish" Fishety.
I have to laugh, cause now he sells real estate in Havasu along with 800
other people.
WOW. what a change

SummitKarl
01-27-2006, 08:31 AM
Ok, call me a lake lice or whatever, but I still love the stand ups, and I can't believe the crazy sh*t they are doing now! I'm just getting too old and it's friggin painfull to ride anymore, so I sold my JS550 last year. Also, I'm just wondering...does anybody else own a copy of Jet Dreams on VHS? The 1988? "world Tour Warmup" is a good one too. I dug these out of the basement last summer and couldn't stop laughing. I think I could have won the Freestyle competition, it's freaking hilarious. Everybody is wearing neon pink and green. "He's riding with no hands! Amazing!" :crossx:..."Check out the new X-2." My favorite, very stoned sounding Chris Fischetti quote from the video.. "With my Oakley blades, I blaze right through the competition like x-ray..huh, yeahh" LMAO
My Lice video collection. Highly recomended viewing :p
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/2890videos.JPG
OMG sooooo true......you just had to have "blades" and I still got my neon pink vest :rolleyes:
I would love to see those Video's, OMG he's doing a tray stand..WOW did you see that he did a sub under the tire jump.
and BTW Chris still sounds stoned.....he hasn't changed a bit...other than alot deeper pockets due to his wise investment in Havasu :) The Flyin Fish still lives

SummitKarl
01-27-2006, 08:35 AM
When I was "younger" I was in love with Chris "the flying fish" Fishety.
I have to laugh, cause now he sells real estate in Havasu along with 800
other people.
WOW. what a change
he owns alot of real estate here too.... just search the tax records for "Chris"
his name is all over the tax records. he has done well for himself:)