PDA

View Full Version : Sick And Tired Of Npg Cable

Not So Fast
01-14-2007, 08:28 AM
Yep, I've finally had it with NPG Cable and I'm getting Direct TV this Tuesday. Hope it was a good decision, coudnt be much worse than the picture we get on the local channels now and seeing how the HD antennae dish and reciever plus installation is free it seemed like a deal. Now I have to buy an HD TV though. Any comments or thoughts ???? NSF

ULTRA26 # 1
01-14-2007, 08:50 AM
Yep, I've finally had it with NPG Cable and I'm getting Direct TV this Tuesday. Hope it was a good decision, coudnt be much worse than the picture we get on the local channels now and seeing how the HD antennae dish and reciever plus installation is free it seemed like a deal. Now I have to buy an HD TV though. Any comments or thoughts ???? NSF
Bobby,
I had Adelphia cable here in Brea for 20 years and it was terrible. Switched to Dish about 6 mos ago and it was one of the best moves I ever made. Clear picture on every channel and slightly cheaper in price. I have Direct at my Bullhead house and it is great as well. I didn't go with HD at either place. My plasma is only ED. My LCD is HD but still works great on the standard signal. Both are Samsung which I highly reccomend.
John M

phebus
01-14-2007, 08:53 AM
We have had NPG cable, and now have Dish. Dish has better picture, better selection, and if you go HD, has a lot of HD channels.
The only problem we have with Dish is the sound track doesn't always match the picture and can be irritating.
I think you will like Direct much better then NPG.

BEER&WATER
01-14-2007, 08:56 AM
I have DIRECT TV and love it.. my friend had npg and i told him that it was fuzzy looking to me..he said
no way thats a great picture .we both have the same tv's
(50"mits) he came to my house and watched mine and did not want to admit it but said ok maybe it a little better .. he was gona look into
dish network cuz he wanted sirrius radio.well needless to say. he has dish network now and it"s the shit

Boatcop
01-14-2007, 09:42 AM
I've got Direct TV (HD/DVR) for television, but have NPG for Internet, Phone and guest rooms TV.
Don't use the TVs too often, except when I have the kids over, or need to work on my Desktop (Office in a spare bedroom) and watch TV at the same time.
For the HD TV, I got a Panasonic 32" for the family room. Would have got bigger, but the 32" is the only one that would fit in the entertainment center. Plenty big enough for me, and I don't want to shell out a couple of grand for a new center just to gain a few square inches in viewing surface.

Not So Fast
01-14-2007, 10:02 AM
Thanks you guys, comforting to know you like Direct better that cable. NPG has always been nice and sent a tech out right away but when I ask them why my picture looks like it does all I get is excuses, I pay top prices so I want a good product. As far as TV's I like the Samsung DLP HD 60" but the burnout rate of the bulb or what ever it is worries me, something like 3000 hrs or so, hell thats about a month for us. Today with the games and stuff our TV will be on for probably 18 hours or so, so that worries me, they are not cheap to fix either. At least until I get the other TV my picture wont look like a snowstorm huh? Cant wait. NSF

Not So Fast
01-14-2007, 10:04 AM
I've got Direct TV (HD/DVR) for television, but have NPG for Internet, Phone and guest rooms TV.
Don't use the TVs too often, except when I have the kids over, or need to work on my Desktop (Office in a spare bedroom) and watch TV at the same time.
For the HD TV, I got a Panasonic 32" for the family room. Would have got bigger, but the 32" is the only one that would fit in the entertainment center. Plenty big enough for me, and I don't want to shell out a couple of grand for a new center just to gain a few square inches in viewing surface.
Oh yeah Alan, I'll keep NPG for my computer. NSF

Mike K
01-15-2007, 05:06 PM
I had a satellite receiver and 1 dish on my Trailer down in Parker for just 1 TV.
That was simple install. I now have a 4 room house in Havasu all wired and using NPG cable . I like Satellite better . My question is this ... "How do you hook up the TV's with the Dish ... when a house is wired for cable does that also mean you can hook up the dish antenna wire right to the cable hook up on the side of my house and the TV's will work? or do you have to re-wire everything for Satellite ? Thanks, Mike.

KYBOATER
01-15-2007, 05:08 PM
yes you can use enternal wiring for sat. or cable

Throttle
01-15-2007, 05:14 PM
you got me thinkin NSF...:idea:

Boatcop
01-15-2007, 05:14 PM
I had a satellite receiver and 1 dish on my Trailer down in Parker for just 1 TV.
That was simple install. I now have a 4 room house in Havasu all wired and using NPG cable . I like Satellite better . My question is this ... "How do you hook up the TV's with the Dish ... when a house is wired for cable does that also mean you can hook up the dish antenna wire right to the cable hook up on the side of my house and the TV's will work? or do you have to re-wire everything for Satellite ? Thanks, Mike.
You just have to remove the cable from the exterior cable connection and attach it to the dish (you can add cable to the existing run). Then just run the interior cable to the sat receiver.
However, if you want DVR* and/or HD you'll need 2 cable runs to the DVR/HD receiver.
*If you want to watch and record different shows at the same time.

Kachina26
01-15-2007, 05:17 PM
Man, you've got a slow burning fuse. I dropped NPG after 1 month. I also found out that the $150 they charged me for the "drop bury" install was bogus. They used existing conduit that they told my wife wasn't there. Took pictures, made a phone call and got my $150 back! NPG can kiss my grits.

Kilrtoy
01-15-2007, 05:18 PM
After hearing that everything is extra with Dish or Direct Tv we chose to stay with NPG and upgrade to Digital, Not as good as California cable, but hell , its Havasu

Kachina26
01-15-2007, 05:19 PM
Oh yeah Alan, I'll keep NPG for my computer. NSFI'm using frontier for the phone, I've got no complaints.

Boatcop
01-15-2007, 05:35 PM
I'm using frontier for the phone, I've got no complaints.
Down here in Parker we don't have any luxuries with the Verizon phone service. No DSL available, no call waiting, no caller ID, no 3 way calling, nothing. Just basic phone. (noise and static at no extra charge)
We are the bastard red-headed step-child of the Southwest phone network. We used to be CONTEL, before that something else, and now Verizon. When CONTEL sold out to Verizon, they were "forced" to take on this area with old decrepid wiring, ancient switch stations, etc. There is no plan to upgrade anything any time soon.
NPG digital phone is actually cheaper than Verizon and ATT long distance was, and has all the bells and whistles most modern phone systems have.

Kachina26
01-15-2007, 05:39 PM
Down here in Parker we don't have any luxuries with the Verizon phone service. No DSL available, no call waiting, no caller ID, no 3 way calling, nothing. Just basic phone. (noise and static at no extra charge)
We are the bastard red-headed step-child of the Southwest phone network. We used to be CONTEL, before that something else, and now Verizon. When CONTEL sold out to Verizon, they were "forced" to take on this area with old decrepid wiring, ancient switch stations, etc. There is no plan to upgrade anything any time soon.
NPG digital phone is actually cheaper than Verizon and ATT long distance was, and has all the bells and whistles most modern phone systems have.
Being in Hesperia, I can relate. I have cable internet in Hesperia, but only because the phone service is so horrible.

Not So Fast
01-15-2007, 05:50 PM
you got me thinkin NSF...:idea:
Would you please fix your sig pic so I know who I'm talking to;) NSF

PBOCOP
01-15-2007, 05:56 PM
I had Direct TV and had issues.
I switched to Time Warner cable thinking it would be so much better.
Time Warner Cable was the worst company by far, from the product to customer service.
I just switched back to Direct TV and love it. At least the customer service is awesome, and now I have their HD DVR and love it.
Cable sucks !

dumbandyoung
01-15-2007, 05:59 PM
i have direct. i like it.. i kinda think dish was better though.
FYI. time warner is the worst company!

shadow
01-15-2007, 06:12 PM
We have Frontier for Phone,Satalite & high speed internet here in Havasu and so far has been pretty good.A few issues here and there but over all it's nice to have them all combined and 1 bill. I think it's like $120.00 per month

lalhc
01-15-2007, 06:23 PM
We have Frontier for Phone,Satalite & high speed internet here in Havasu and so far has been pretty good.A few issues here and there but over all it's nice to have them all combined and 1 bill. I think it's like $120.00 per month
We use the same bundle package at our Havasu house. I have Dish Network at home and I would never go back to cable again.

JetBoatRich
01-15-2007, 08:21 PM
I will Stick with Direct TV:D