PDA

View Full Version : Don Pedro

desertbird
01-26-2006, 10:16 PM
Who's camped there? Good RV sites? I test drove a boat up there 2 years ago, and thought that it looked like a real nice lake. We only ventured about 2 miles into it.
Opinions? :confused: :confused: :confused:
We camped Mead last year (Overton). Beautiful trip, worth a repeat, but for a while we want to try new lakes. Did Trinity, done Mead, what's next. Naci? Don Pedro?
We wouldn't miss the river trips for the world, but it's real nice to spend a week somewhere else.

Eliminator 4 Life
01-26-2006, 10:21 PM
Not to brag or anything but I graduated from Don Pedro High school I used to live there. If you go you want to camp at fleeming meadows let me know when you go Ill meet you there :)

Beer-30
01-27-2006, 09:36 AM
Went there last year Desert. Met up with E4L. Will definitely do it again. Especially now that our friends have a performance boat instead of the tourney boat. Now they can keep up.
We will get at least one trip in this year to DP. This year, however, I am going to knock E4L out and boat-jack that badass Eliminator. :mad:

pixilatedpussy
01-27-2006, 09:38 AM
Don Pedro is a beautiful Lake! Highly recommend going there! :p

Froggystyle
01-27-2006, 09:50 AM
Love that whole area. We had a ranch while I was growing up halfway between Angels Camp and San Andreas way off of Poole Station Road. Every weekend we would hit either Tuloch, Camanche, New Hogan, Don Pedro or New Melones. All of them are neat lakes with a whole different attitude than down here.
I will likely be heading up there at some point this year also.

Her454
01-27-2006, 10:09 AM
Love that whole area. We had a ranch while I was growing up halfway between Angels Camp and San Andreas way off of Poole Station Road.
I was just at a friends house last night....... (a Ranch off Pool Station)
You better at least let me know so I can come out and say hi and cook you some morning coffee ;)

Froggystyle
01-27-2006, 10:17 AM
I was just at a friends house last night....... (a Ranch off Pool Station)
You better at least let me know so I can come out and say hi and cook you some morning coffee ;)
See if they know what the JG4 ranch is. It is almost exactly halfway between SA and Angels Camp. It is a good 5 miles past the quarry I would guess, and on the right in the midle of a sweeping left turn coming from SA. Lots of mailboxes at the end of the ranch road, lots of ranches on the way up, but ours was at the end of the road, and a little over 2500 acres. The big radio antenna that you can see from everywhere was on our property at the top of the hill. Many a horseback ride up to see the view from the antenna.
No question you get a call... Hold the coffee.
When are the good get-togethers up there?

Her454
01-27-2006, 11:53 AM
See if they know what the JG4 ranch is. It is almost exactly halfway between SA and Angels Camp. It is a good 5 miles past the quarry I would guess, and on the right in the midle of a sweeping left turn coming from SA. Lots of mailboxes at the end of the ranch road, lots of ranches on the way up, but ours was at the end of the road, and a little over 2500 acres. The big radio antenna that you can see from everywhere was on our property at the top of the hill. Many a horseback ride up to see the view from the antenna.
No question you get a call... Hold the coffee.
When are the good get-togethers up there?
WOW Wes, I know exactly where that Ranch is! If we are taking about the same antenna - as there are a few out there now, I've been up there on quads. One hell of a view. What years did you live out there? My parents had property off of Fricot (Freako LOL) City Road for a long time. I'm sure you remember that area. Its all very pretty up there. I have 6 acres about 2 miles from Hogan and there are new houses going up on the backside of Hogan and all over Melones now, you wouldnt believe it.
The get togethers that I can remember off the top of my head are the Hogan Cliff Run in May and one at Melones with the V-drive club in August I think...I can check tho and get you all the information for them.
And whats the matter, dont trust my coffee making abilities LOL ;)

Eliminator 4 Life
01-27-2006, 12:01 PM
Love that whole area. We had a ranch while I was growing up halfway between Angels Camp and San Andreas way off of Poole Station Road. Every weekend we would hit either Tuloch, Camanche, New Hogan, Don Pedro or New Melones. All of them are neat lakes with a whole different attitude than down here.
Let me know Wes ill meet you out there :)

Froggystyle
01-27-2006, 12:23 PM
WOW Wes, I know exactly where that Ranch is! If we are taking about the same antenna - as there are a few out there now, I've been up there on quads. One hell of a view. What years did you live out there? My parents had property off of Fricot (Freako LOL) City Road for a long time. I'm sure you remember that area. Its all very pretty up there. I have 6 acres about 2 miles from Hogan and there are new houses going up on the backside of Hogan and all over Melones now, you wouldnt believe it.
The get togethers that I can remember off the top of my head are the Hogan Cliff Run in May and one at Melones with the V-drive club in August I think...I can check tho and get you all the information for them.
And whats the matter, dont trust my coffee making abilities LOL ;)
Yeah, that was our place. We owned it from 1980 through 1991. The guy who owned it before us was a big Catapillar dealer from Stockton I believe, so the ranch came with a D8 Cat that was seriously fun. Talk about a raw, neurotic feeling of power.
I learned how to be a kid up there. We would show up on Friday night and not see Mom and Dad until Sunday afternoon. We would just go camp, fish, shoot, ride bikes or whatever all weekend. Funny thing is, even on 2500 acres we could hear my Dad whistle if there was no wind, which meant get home.
I don't think I have ever been in Havasu when it felt as hot as it gets up there.
I loved that place. New Hogan is still one of my favorite lakes.
E4L, I will drop you a line for sure. We need to go party up there. Maybe I can convince you guys to carry Tridents in your dealership and write the whole trip off... ;)

*!Ken's Wife!*
01-27-2006, 12:51 PM
Not to brag or anything but I graduated from Don Pedro High school I used to live there. If you go you want to camp at fleeming meadows let me know when you go Ill meet you there :)
Yea I heard you spent 8 years there!? Finally graduated huh?

Eliminator 4 Life
01-27-2006, 12:54 PM
Yea I heard you spent 8 years there!? Finally graduated huh?
eat $hit fawker haha atleast i got my diploma and I know my A B D"S :p

*!Ken's Wife!*
01-27-2006, 01:01 PM
eat $hit fawker haha atleast i got my diploma and I know my A B D"S :p
You're retarded!!!!!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-27-2006, 01:02 PM
"Free Dirt"
hahaha :rollside:

Eliminator 4 Life
01-27-2006, 01:13 PM
"Free Dirt"
hahaha :rollside:
Come Linda its free CLEAN dirt :)