PDA

View Full Version : Do you feel Dickless that your Wife or GF makes more $$ than You?

Trailer Park Casanova
01-15-2007, 11:59 AM
A friend came by and I re-jetted his wifes quad and did some other performance tuning to it.
"Don't let hers be faster than [his] mine" he told me.
On the strength of that comment, my wife handed to and asked me to install an extra high performance rev box we had on hand,, to give his wifes quad even even more snot, and not tell him.
The friend can't handle his wife earns more money than him either. Hense stunts like this.
My wife earns twice what I do, and it doesn't bother me a bit.
Her quad is streets ahead of me too in performance.
Some guys can't handle it, they feel dickless.
What's your take? Any stories?:

Devil's Advocate
01-15-2007, 12:01 PM
I do feel quite dickless..:D :D

syke-o
01-15-2007, 12:02 PM
i would love it if she made twice as much as me.. are you kidding???

Cole Trickle
I would be extatic!!!:)
As long as we live a comfortable life and have nice things I could care less who earns more $$.
I would be pissed if her bike/quad was faster;):D

Desert Rat
All the macho I would need is for her to put my name first on the checks in the checkbook:D

RitcheyRch
01-15-2007, 12:19 PM
When was married in '87 my wife at the time made a little bit more than me and it didnt bother me.

djunkie
01-15-2007, 12:22 PM
I just wish my g/f made half as much as me. And no it wouldn't bother me at all if she made more. As long as she shared with me. :D :D

Havasu Hangin'
01-15-2007, 12:23 PM
I would be more than happy to be a "trophy husband".
Instead of Nordstrom bags...I'd see alot more Summit boxes around the house...lol.

Liberator TJ1984
01-15-2007, 12:23 PM
My Money, My Toys:devil:
No more Wifey....Change GF's like Brown changes his underwear:D

HocusPocus
01-15-2007, 12:29 PM
i quit driving truck 3 years ago since the wife was making twice what i was and only works 2 miles from our house, i don't have a problem with it at all. :D
now i get to stay home, play with our 4 kids and run them around to their various activities. when the kids get a little older i will be able to go back to work so i have that to look forward to. :)

SHOTKALLIN
01-15-2007, 12:32 PM
I dont mind it one bit...I send her to work and tell her to "go make my money":D
She looks at me like I'm stupid but its all good! :D

BigDoug
01-15-2007, 12:40 PM
Here you have two equal people in the work force, a man and a woman, the woman has to make a living as well as the man, in todays world it just about takes two incomes to live, raise a family, etc etc.
My wife has made more money than me at one time but it didn't bother me one bit cause our monies were pooled together as one big check, and im ok with that cause at the end of the day it's about taking care of business (bills, chidren, etc)
Some men have a hang up about it and guess what ?.......usually compounds into an argument and the relationship won't last to long from there anyways !!
Some people have these hang ups about the man should make this amount or that amount, some people and family members even judge you by this bench mark............sad :confused:
I don't give a crap cause we are usually happier and much more content in life than they are, we just trying to get through it on a daily basis like anyboby else.........................Keep it simple people :) go out and make your $$$$ come home and enjoy what your life has given you, a home, friends, kids, animals, boats :D , cars................enjoy !!!!

Froggystyle
01-15-2007, 12:43 PM
I haven't made a penny since 2002. Since we have been starting up, Audrey has been keeping the rubber side down the whole time. We don't have a pile of money as a result, but we do know how to use all of it properly... ;)
She does quite well as a Real Estate developer, and I am the luckiest guy in the world to be able to pursue my dreams and not worry about the home front.
As my brother once said... "You guys are broke way better than most people are rich!" :D

lucky
01-15-2007, 12:56 PM
hell i'm a bitch anyways :) show me the money :jawdrop:

OKIE-JET
01-15-2007, 12:59 PM
Dont bother me either, worked 17 yrs as a production machinist and made some good jack, put her through RN school during then. Plant announced closure Jan 14 of 06` I was phased out Aug. 7, (Delta Faucet), been suckin on Unemployment ever since, a few cold ones too. Do I feel Dkless....hell naw...in fact I use it more than ever...which makes them liken to the circumstance btw. I can make hella dinner too, that dont hurt none either, shes called me her "house biotch" before, all I can respond with is...dick and dinner @ 7:00 babe....wonderful.:D

Jetaholic
01-15-2007, 01:02 PM
....Change GF's like Brown changes his underwear:D
Whoever said he did?

Biglue
01-15-2007, 01:18 PM
hell i'm a bitch anyways :) show me the money :jawdrop:
Thanks for the sig line fag. :D
As far as the wife making more than me.......shit I wish she would. I'd have NO PROBLEM at all. At the end of the day it's still benefitting both of us.

Jrocket
01-15-2007, 01:24 PM
I didnt get the nickname "Trophy Husband" for nothing,right HH?:D
Seriously,it doesnt bother me.Shes the hardest working person I know.

acatitude
01-15-2007, 01:25 PM
I would be more than happy to be a "trophy husband".
Instead of Nordstrom bags...I'd see alot more Summit boxes around the house...lol.
LMAO ditto:D

phebus
01-15-2007, 01:34 PM
Marraige shouldn't be a competition, it's a partnership.

IMPATIENT 1
01-15-2007, 01:47 PM
A friend came by and I re-jetted his wifes quad and did some other performance tuning to it.
On the strength of that comment, my wife handed to and asked me to install an extra high performance rev box we had on hand,, to give his wifes quad even even more snot, and not tell him.
The friend can't handle his wife earns more money than him either. Hense stunts like this.
i'd love to have my wife makin more than me, i'd have alot more $$$$ to throw at my water whip!of course i don't feel like i have any SHORT comings in any other depts either:D so i'd be totally stoked about it!

Desert Rat
01-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Hummmm what was that Elton John song... "Gettin paid for being laid, guess that's the name of the game".
Except who is Elton John doing thses days.....:2purples: Not my wish to make money THAT way:sqeyes: :D

Dave C
01-15-2007, 02:15 PM
so your saying you never change girlfriends?
Change GF's like Brown changes his underwear:D

havaduner
01-15-2007, 02:19 PM
That statement is right on!! I wish my wife made more money than me, we'd definetly be better off than now. Not that life is hard or anything, but it can always be better!!

YeLLowBoaT
01-15-2007, 02:21 PM
Where did you find a wife that makes twice what you do? does she have a sister? I for one would not be bothered by that at all.
I would still work... just not the long hours, and I would also be more picky about the jobs I do.

Kilrtoy
01-15-2007, 02:23 PM
I would be hapy as hell and very proud of her if she made more than me....

lucky
01-15-2007, 02:24 PM
wheeewwwww for a minute i thought you where going to say she did - Then i would be pissed :D

centerhill condor
01-15-2007, 02:41 PM
I only want two things in life...a wife and a tv both of 'em workin'.

beyondhelpin
01-15-2007, 02:58 PM
Thought you were in the unemployment line. And she still dont make more than you? Not to swoop down on the downtrodden, but you know where a man might find a firesale on a nice boat?:D :D :D
I would not just like but I would love it if my wife made more money than me. As far as the faster 4 wheeler for wifey........hers can be twice as fast as mine and I will still outrun her. She is a big chicken!!!! Not to sure I could handle being called the house biotch though. :devil: :devil: :devil:

soupersonic
01-15-2007, 03:10 PM
I cant believe someone let this little gem go without a comment :D

Devil's Advocate
01-15-2007, 03:13 PM
I cant believe someone let this little gem go without a comment :D
Go ahead and take a stab at it if you like..:D

ratso
01-15-2007, 03:15 PM
Oh I'm sure a lot of people would like...http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif

Kilrtoy
01-15-2007, 03:15 PM
STRAP ON:eek:

Devil's Advocate
01-15-2007, 03:16 PM
Oh I'm sure a lot of people would like...http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif
STRAP ON:eek:
I knew it....I just set them up and leave it to you two to knock them down..:D :D

vdrivenman
01-15-2007, 03:17 PM
my wife makes at least two and a half what i make a year.
she left a job she trully enjoyed LE to go to work for dupont. she has done well is now a preplanner for four low/high density polyethylene units.she has been asked to promote to supervisor,but says she is not ready !
her car (a dodge daytona charger r/t) goes faster than my truck. she does all her own maintance work and tuning of her vehicles. she also rides an 03 springer softail.
she drove our lib p/f,but won't try a flattie or a hydro.
kills and cleans her own game and fish !
this has allowed us to put two sons thru college and me to be able to keep a job i trully love. she is very generous and giving with her money !!
plus she's beautiful!

andy01
01-15-2007, 03:21 PM
I didnt get the nickname "Trophy Husband" for nothing,right HH?:D
Seriously,it doesnt bother me.Shes the hardest working person I know.
Christina just called house......... I answered the phone "Trophy Husband"... :D
I don't think it really matters who makes more. Me and my wife have gone back and forworth since we started dating, she makes more then I make more then her then me then her. I don't care and niether does she, as long as we are happy and can own nice things that is all that matters to us.

seanv
01-15-2007, 03:32 PM
hmmmm i...i...oh never mind:D

Kilrtoy
01-15-2007, 03:32 PM
I knew it....I just set them up and leave it to you two to knock them down..:D :D
Unlike the rest, Ratso and I know the way your mind thinks

Devil's Advocate
01-15-2007, 03:35 PM
Unlike the rest, Ratso and I know the way your mind thinks
That's a scary thought.:crossx:

Devil's Advocate
01-15-2007, 03:36 PM
hmmmm i...i...oh never mind:D
Right, I gotcha. It's all good..:D

01-15-2007, 03:38 PM
I just wish she would make some money.:D

whiteworks
01-15-2007, 03:42 PM
The way I see it my fiance put her self through college finished up her phd by the age of 25 and has excelled in her chosen profession for the last five years. This has allowed me to take off the last 6 months and work on our house. I hope to be finished with our remodel by May when we get married. It has been so cool to have the time to do all the stuff on the house I have dreamed of for years. she is a team player and I am thrilled to add her to my roster. someday Ill go back to work but not today.
P.S. I paid for the boat:)

Kilrtoy
01-15-2007, 03:42 PM
That's a scary thought.:crossx:
Inside the mind of the Angel Antagonist

01-15-2007, 03:44 PM
my wife makes at least two and a half what i make a year.
she left a job she trully enjoyed LE to go to work for dupont. she has done well is now a preplanner for four low/high density polyethylene units.she has been asked to promote to supervisor,but says she is not ready !
her car (a dodge daytona charger r/t) goes faster than my truck. she does all her own maintance work and tuning of her vehicles. she also rides an 03 springer softail.
she drove our lib p/f,but won't try a flattie or a hydro.
kills and cleans her own game and fish !
this has allowed us to put two sons thru college and me to be able to keep a job i trully love. she is very generous and giving with her money !!
plus she's beautiful!
What the hell does she need you for?:D

DCBDaytona
01-15-2007, 03:48 PM
The way I see it my fiance put her self through college finished up her phd by the age of 25 and has excelled in her chosen profession for the last five years. This has allowed me to take off the last 6 months and work on our house. I hope to be finished with our remodel by May when we get married. It has been so cool to have the time to do all the stuff on the house I have dreamed of for years. she is a team player and I am thrilled to add her to my roster. someday Ill go back to work but not today.
P.S. I paid for the boat:)
Tell your fiance congrats on the phd. My fiance will have her JD by the age of 25, and then our lives will truly begin. I look foward to her making more than me...that is until I finish my MBA at 26. Damnit.:jawdrop:

bruddah
01-15-2007, 06:48 PM
i already know she is going to make more, and i cant wait till the day she does! that just means bigger and better toys!!! and i totally agree about the trophy husband!haha

havifun
01-15-2007, 08:10 PM
I'll be happy to find "me" a wife...forget the rest...

Throttle
01-15-2007, 08:29 PM
:idea:
I will have to think about this one, since it is just ME!

BigDoug
01-15-2007, 09:47 PM
Not for long Cam !!!! :D

Throttle
01-15-2007, 09:50 PM
Not for long Cam !!!! :D
do u know something i dont? lol!

Ziggy
01-15-2007, 09:55 PM
The job my wife does gets paid with hugs and kisses and appreciation from her family..............to me thats so much more valuable than money. I think she'd agree with me too.

BigDoug
01-15-2007, 10:01 PM
Ziggy, i gave your wife hugs and kisses once and it was no work at all !! :D
I agree with you !! :D

BigDoug
01-15-2007, 10:02 PM
Cam, im not saying a word...............................i promised !! :D

Ziggy
01-15-2007, 10:05 PM
Ziggy, i gave your wife hugs and kisses once and it was no work at all !! :D
I agree with you !! :D;) :D
.So cough up the Cam story.........that post is a teaser like someone saying they're leaving HB forums :D:D

Throttle
01-15-2007, 10:20 PM
;) :D
.So cough up the Cam story.........that post is a teaser like someone saying they're leaving HB forums :D:D
not going anyplace, my gf has been stickin it out with me for sveral months now and everyone is waiting for something to happen... i am always the last 2 know... haha. life is great!

Riomouse911
01-15-2007, 10:21 PM
The wife's a teacher, and we're putting her through a Master's program as we speak. That'll make her salary close to mine. She covers us with health insurance, so if we add those together we're on equal footing. I'm moving from one organization to another beginning Monday, and I'll be taking a pay cut that'll put us even closer salary wise, in fact she mite even make more than I do to start... I'm proud of her for her accomplishments, and should she decide to take a job making more money than I do more power to her...

Throttle
01-15-2007, 10:21 PM
Cam, im not saying a word...............................i promised !! :D
she is a sweetie:D :D :D

Throttle
01-15-2007, 10:22 PM
The wife's a teacher, and we're putting her through a Master's program as we speak. That'll make her salary close to mine. She covers us with health insurance, so if we add those together we're on equal footing. I'm moving from one organization to another beginning Monday, and I'll be taking a pay cut that'll put us even closer salary wise, in fact she mite even make more than I do to start... I'm proud of her for her accomplishments, and should she decide to take a job making more money than I do more power to her...
props to da teacher...

djunkie
01-15-2007, 11:11 PM
not going anyplace, my gf has been stickin it out with me for sveral months now and everyone is waiting for something to happen... i am always the last 2 know... haha. life is great!
Months??? Mines been hanging around for the last 7 years. She must think I'm gonna win the lottery or something. :D :D

JetBoatRich
01-16-2007, 04:57 AM
It is not always about the money (but it helps) I fill fortunate my wife is home taking care of the kids and around the house:D if she gets a part time job then that is OK as well;)

wright27
01-16-2007, 07:44 AM
My wife is a stay home mom. I love having her home and it shows with the kids grades. If she wanted to go back to work and me stay home that would be great.
A true pimp has the woman making all the money.:D :D :D
I must not be a pimp.;)

Ziggy
01-16-2007, 08:17 AM
Months??? Mines been hanging around for the last 7 years. She must think I'm gonna win the lottery or something. :D :D
Wow, you guys have been together since the 7th grade eh? Thats very cool.
;) :D

HocusPocus
01-16-2007, 08:46 AM
My wife is a stay home mom. I love having her home and it shows with the kids grades. If she wanted to go back to work and me stay home that would be great.
A true pimp has the woman making all the money.:D :D :D
I must not be a pimp.;)
damn.. i need to get me a flashy car and some new clothes.
http://www.ctgilles.net/images/pictars/pimp.jpg
when we first got married and decided to have kids we both agreed that one of us would always be home with them. i know in todays world that isn't always possible with some but it has worked for us. we both have had our turn with the kids and taking care of the house over the past 18 years.

Hardly Satisfied
01-16-2007, 09:39 AM
i would love it if she made twice as much as me.. are you kidding???
I agree, more for me to spend :D

Bow Tie Omega
01-16-2007, 09:47 AM
I have made more then my wife for most of our 10 years together until a year and a half ago. She has been a Sales Exec with a company that she loves for the last 20 months. She has done very well financially for her company and was just promoted this week to Senior Sales Exec/Business Developement Manager for the Western US. She will now be making 3 times what I make with incentives. I am going to take a few years off, finish my degree and stay home with the kids. This was her idea and I love her for it. I had just finished my Associates when we were married and we had a honeymoon baby. I adore my daughter, but I had to put college on hold and get a real job, something that paid in the upper 5 digits. My daugher will turn 7 in 2 weeks. This was/is the best gift my wife could ever give me.

Dan Lorenze
01-16-2007, 09:48 AM
Doesn't bother me at all. :)

2Driver
01-16-2007, 11:04 AM
Exactly. It all goes in the same pot. Gee, would I feel better if I was poorer just so I could be ahead of my wife. There's an easy answer.:rolleyes: