PDA

View Full Version : Nascar Fans: Benny Parsons has passed

Bow Tie Omega
01-16-2007, 08:00 AM
More sad news on the Nascar front. Former Cup Champion and TV Commentator Benny Parsons has passed away due to complications associated with lung cancer. Yet another sad loss of a good man to cancer. God Bless Benny and his family during this difficult time.

boater72
01-16-2007, 08:04 AM
Sure has been a hard week over in Nascar:( :( R.I.P Benny

redneckgirl
01-16-2007, 08:08 AM
:( RIP Benney:(

Warlockjer
01-16-2007, 08:11 AM
Boy that is sad.....RIP BP:(

Riveratz
01-16-2007, 08:33 AM
Sad News..... RIP Benny

Wicked Performance Boats
01-16-2007, 09:05 AM
Godspeed Benny! We've lost a great commutator. Budlight

Trailer Park Casanova
01-16-2007, 09:10 AM
Wife says the most delicate thing in your body are your lungs.
Take care of them.
Enjoyed many a race because of Benny.
Sorry to read of his passing.

Hardly Satisfied
01-16-2007, 09:36 AM
Very sad news , God bless the Family

HCS
01-16-2007, 10:05 AM
Ya...that's to bad. He was a favorite.
I guess he was a smoker??
I lost an uncle to lung cancer last year. He smoked 2 packs of cigaretts a day.

sangervdrive
01-16-2007, 10:06 AM
He was the only god damn commentator I liked. RIP

abraman1326
01-16-2007, 10:18 AM
R.I.P. Benny. He was a great racer and commentator. He'll be missed. My thoughts and prayers will be w/ his family...
BRA

Mr. C
01-16-2007, 10:21 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/wake6/t1.jpg
Rest In Peace Benny P.

RitcheyRch
01-16-2007, 11:05 AM
Sad news indeed. RIP Benny.

Flyinbowtie
01-16-2007, 01:25 PM
In this day of self-promoting has been racer/wanna-be commentators,
and never-was wannbe news reporters, and all the other glitz, tan-in-a-can wearing morons they have talking NASCAR in the TV Box, Benny Parsons was a rare breath of fresh air.
He was a humble man who was one hell of a race car driver, that knew enough to fill volumes about the cars, the tracks, and the game itself. He could talk about it, explain it, and make it interesting.
All without struggling to be cool, bitchin', beautiful and to speak without being thought a fool.
Gonna miss him.

Moneypitt
01-16-2007, 02:47 PM
and never-was wannbe news reporters, and all the other glitz, tan-in-a-can wearing morons they have talking NASCAR in the TV Box, Benny Parsons was a rare breath of fresh air.
He was a humble man who was one hell of a race car driver, that knew enough to fill volumes about the cars, the tracks, and the game itself. He could talk about it, explain it, and make it interesting.
All without struggling to be cool, bitchin', beautiful and to speak without being thought a fool.
Gonna miss him.
Very well said, I would add that most, if not all, of the current racers had a true respect for his contributions to the sport, both on and off the track. Cup racing just won't be the same without him...........I would expect to see some sort of Memorial lap at the upcoming Datona 500............MP

havaduner
01-16-2007, 02:50 PM
Gonna miss him.
Couldnt agree more. I have said to friends before I thought the best place to watch a Nascar race was at home, with Benny Parsons commentating. He was an asset to the sport, and will be missed.

dicudmore
01-16-2007, 07:39 PM
Ya...that's to bad. He was a favorite.
I guess he was a smoker??
I lost an uncle to lung cancer last year. He smoked 2 packs of cigaretts a day.
negative--he was quoted last year sometime saying he hadn't smoked in over 30 years...

Bow Tie Omega
01-16-2007, 10:12 PM
negative--he was quoted last year sometime saying he hadn't smoked in over 30 years...
The fact of the matter unfortunately is that he smoked. It could have been 50 years. People who think that they will not get lung cancer because they do not smoke any more are wrong. If you do not want to get lung ca, do not ever smoke. THen there is second hand smoke to worry about and good ole heredity. But simply stopping does not prevent you from getting lung ca. It does reduce the likelyhood, but once you take that first hit, you have increased your chances considerably.

lewiville
01-16-2007, 10:33 PM
just saw the news on ESPN. RIP Benny mon

havasu5150
01-17-2007, 05:15 AM
RIP Benny:(