PDA

View Full Version : Question about Outlook Express and Yahoo ?

HammerDown
01-16-2007, 11:47 AM
Would a (Premium) Yahoo account be needed for Outlook Express w/my Yahoo email?
Reason, I've tried several times to configure Outlook Express via directions , (POP3 or IMAP) also changing (port from 25 to 587) but nothing seems to work.
Maybe I'm missing something else:confused:
Thanks for any suggestions.

HocusPocus
01-16-2007, 11:52 AM
http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/website/email/email-04.html
found this help page.. good luck.

Beer-30
01-16-2007, 11:57 AM
years ago, and have just used SBC/Yahoo mail ever since. Very easy and plenty of options. I have nothing bad to say about it.

Jetaholic
01-16-2007, 12:11 PM
Would a (Premium) Yahoo account be needed for Outlook Express w/my Yahoo email?
Reason, I've tried several times to configure Outlook Express via directions , (POP3 or IMAP) also changing (port from 25 to 587) but nothing seems to work.
Maybe I'm missing something else:confused:
Thanks for any suggestions.
Yeah the free Yahoo mail account won't work with Outlook Express. You have to pay for the Premium one for it to work.
Also, Yahoo does use a POP3 server.

HammerDown
01-16-2007, 07:16 PM
years ago, and have just used SBC/Yahoo mail ever since. Very easy and plenty of options. I have nothing bad to say about it.
SBC/Yahoo...more info please.:idea:
And thanks for all the other feedback.;)
PS HocusPocus...tried that several times...no luck.

Beer-30
01-16-2007, 07:29 PM
SBC/Yahoo...more info please.:idea:
And thanks for all the other feedback.;)
PS HocusPocus...tried that several times...no luck.
Well, SBC is my provider, and I just use their email software that downloads when you become a customer. It upgrades all the time and there is 2Gb of space for your mail.
They also provide a nice photo management program, that I don't use, but have a family member - also on SBC - that really uses it and enjoys it.
If you want to try it, I would just go to Yahoo and see what links there are for mail service.
www.yahoo.com