PDA

View Full Version : Op6c?????

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-27-2006, 09:22 AM
Usually by now we all have the next OP6C on our calendars. I haven't heard of anything..... :cry: Am I out of the loop or is OP6C a thing of the past???? :confused: :confused:

riverbound
01-27-2006, 09:22 AM
I think its a thing of the past :(

Mandelon
01-27-2006, 09:43 AM
Its just you. We already have reservations. :p
I heard its gonna be at Martinez this year.... :idea:

Froggystyle
01-27-2006, 09:47 AM
Its just you. We already have reservations. :p
I heard its gonna be at Martinez this year.... :idea:
I am so down... Let's do it!
Muddy water OP 6!!!!!
You wanna host it with me Mandy?

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-27-2006, 09:49 AM
Muddy water OP 6!!!!!
I'll make the coffee!!! :D

OutCole'd
01-27-2006, 09:49 AM
With an after party at Mandy's Martinez Estate

LAFD
01-27-2006, 10:07 AM
Op Wha????

little rowe boat
01-27-2006, 10:33 AM
Op Wha????
Operation 6 coolers.
Usually an annual or bi-annual get together, usually in a different location each time.

Mandelon
01-27-2006, 10:47 AM
Muddy water OP 6!!!!!
That'd be a 10-4. Now that I actually have a place to stay, we are all in.

Froggystyle
01-27-2006, 10:53 AM
Not cancelled. I am going to see about making this a reality.
Mandy is in, so let's start getting this thing on. If Mojave is somehow acceptable... we will rock Martinez!

Mandelon
01-27-2006, 11:01 AM
WooooooooooooooHooooooooooooooooooo :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:
I'll make sure there is a new keg in the kegerator!!!

BarryMac
01-27-2006, 11:04 AM
It will definitely be an event for the smaller craft...

rivergoer
01-27-2006, 11:09 AM
yeah i cant even take my supra to martinez..too shallow....

Tom Brown
01-27-2006, 11:09 AM
I'll make the coffee!!! :D
I'll bring the tea and crumpets!
It will definitely be an event for the smaller craft...
Maybe you should get a jetboat?

LAFD
01-27-2006, 11:11 AM
Operation 6 coolers.
Usually an annual or bi-annual get together, usually in a different location each time.
i know i was just kiddin. :)

riverbound
01-27-2006, 11:15 AM
If thats the case...Im not bringing my boat. Maybe I will jst boat bitch for Bordsmnj's (hopefully their boat runs this OP6) :D

Mandelon
01-27-2006, 11:16 AM
There's 28 Partycats running out there....Its only shallow in the shallow spots... :p

BarryMac
01-27-2006, 11:18 AM
There are a lot of water plows just like yours down there, just gotta watch out for the Sandbars, follow someone that knows the area and you would be just fine...

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-27-2006, 11:18 AM
If thats the case...Im not bringing my boat. Maybe I will jst boat bitch for Bordsmnj's (hopefully their boat runs this OP6) :D
No way will Jason run our boat at Martinez. :umm:

Cole Trickle
01-27-2006, 11:19 AM
If it's in Parker or Havasu I will be there.
Last year in Parker was alot of fun!! :crossx:

Mandelon
01-27-2006, 11:22 AM
Why not, the current will bring you back to the docks....... :p

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-27-2006, 11:22 AM
Why not, the current will bring you back to the docks....... :p
LMAO!!! Good one! :rollside:

riverbound
01-27-2006, 11:23 AM
If it's in Parker or Havasu I will be there.
Last year in Parker was alot of fun!! :crossx:
I second that...Im partial to Parker :D :D

riverbound
01-27-2006, 11:23 AM
Looks like we will have to bum rides off someone else then :D
<------cant afford to fixt mine if I break it :D

rivergroupie
01-27-2006, 11:27 AM
doesnt matter to me i just go with rivergoer and rb they have the boats..all i need is a cold beer and a hot chick!!

riverbound
01-27-2006, 11:28 AM
doesnt matter to me i just go with rivergoer and rb they have the boats..all i need is a cold beer and a hot chick!!
Who the hell are you ???? :confused:

barbigrl
01-27-2006, 11:28 AM
MARTINEZ???? Might as well have it at Elsinore!!! :rolleyes: (no offense martinez lake lovers :) )

barbigrl
01-27-2006, 11:29 AM
Who the hell are you ???? :confused:
Dang RB....your creating quite a following!! :) :)

atomickitn
01-27-2006, 11:31 AM
hell im down with parker! some body get the damm ball rolling :rollside:

Mandelon
My feeling is that the Martinez event would be a "bonus" event. The Parker/ Havasu event should still take place. ( Cuz I wanna go ) :p

rivergoer
bill looks like we have a little friend now!!! i know who it is

rivergoer
01-27-2006, 11:32 AM
bill looks like we have a little friend now!!!

riverbound
hell im down with parker! some body get the damm ball rolling :rollside:
If we want to do a Parker gathering I will help organize.

riverbound
bill looks like we have a little friend now!!! i know who it is
Shaweiner?? :D

BarryMac
01-27-2006, 11:33 AM
MARTINEZ???? Might as well have it at Elsinore!!! :rolleyes: (no offense martinez lake lovers :) )
SNOB.............................. :mad: :220v:

rivergroupie
01-27-2006, 11:33 AM
nope

riverbound
01-27-2006, 11:35 AM
nope
The Jarhead that was at my house the other night?? :D :D

rivergoer
01-27-2006, 11:35 AM
nope its not shaheen...you just met this guy dude

rivergroupie
01-27-2006, 11:36 AM
Yeh that's me. rivergoer is just having fun with you. Looks like you're a pimp on miltarysingles.com.

atomickitn
If we want to do a Parker gathering I will help organize.
i may be able to help as well , soo long as windy has the days off as well :p

riverbound
nope its not shaheen...you just met this guy dude
I know who it is now.....its my new Beer bitch :D :D

rivergroupie
01-27-2006, 11:38 AM
yeah as soon as i get to start meeting some of these people here i will be able to hold up steves end.....looks like you guys all have fun and shit

barbigrl
01-27-2006, 11:38 AM
SNOB.............................. :mad: :220v:
Uhh Barry I am not a snob!! :cry: ok maybe a little!! :p :)
I have actually never been there...but I have heard bad things about it... :(
I agree with Mandelone.....we need one in Parker/Havi/or even Mojave... I heard DILLIGAF loves having all the ***boaters stay at his pad!! :rollside: :rollside:

Froggystyle
01-27-2006, 11:39 AM
Martinez rocks, and for anyone who hasn't been there to start throwing jabs... you may want to just hold your tongue. The sandbars are actual sand, the river is absolutely gorgeous through there and the whole attitude is a lot less high strung than anywhere I have been on the river.
Contrary to my earlier joke, the water is just as clear as Parker, but with a lot less beer bottles on the "sand bar". It is missing some key sleeping arrangements, but those with houses will be up to share I am sure, as Martinez/Fisher folk are generally very, very generous people.
Don't hate if you haven't been there. I built a whole boat and company around being able to boat there with a 27 foot boat comfortably.

rivergroupie
01-27-2006, 11:39 AM
i think you have that wrong your the beer bitch...hahaha

Froggystyle
01-27-2006, 11:40 AM
Uhh Barry I am not a snob!! :cry: ok maybe a little!! :p :)
I have actually never been there...but I have heard bad things about it... :(
I agree with Mandelone.....we need one in Parker/Havi/or even Mojave... I heard DILLIGAF loves having all the ***boaters stay at his pad!! :rollside: :rollside:
Imagine the shit you have heard about Parker and Havasu. If you believed everything you hear, you would never go. And I like both spots.
Truth is, I think that Parker is my favorite spot on the river, but Martinez is a hell of a lot nicer.

atomickitn
01-27-2006, 11:41 AM
where the heck is martinez? :idea:

rivergoer
01-27-2006, 11:43 AM
right by yuma az

barbigrl
01-27-2006, 11:43 AM
Martinez rocks, and for anyone who hasn't been there to start throwing jabs... you may want to just hold your tongue. The sandbars are actual sand, the river is absolutely gorgeous through there and the whole attitude is a lot less high strung than anywhere I have been on the river.
Contrary to my earlier joke, the water is just as clear as Parker, but with a lot less beer bottles on the "sand bar". It is missing some key sleeping arrangements, but those with houses will be up to share I am sure, as Martinez/Fisher folk are generally very, very generous people.
Don't hate if you haven't been there. I built a whole boat and company around being able to boat there with a 27 foot boat comfortably.
Sorry did not intend to insult.... I just have never heard anything positive :( Good point about Havasu and Parker though~ :rollside:

riverbound
01-27-2006, 11:45 AM
i think you have that wrong your the beer bitch...hahaha
Newbie.....Rule #1
The guy with the boat is NEVER the Beer Bitch ;)
Now go get me a beer and make sure its openbefore you hand it to me :D
looks like BG just got replaced in her beer fetching responsibilities ;)

rivergoer
01-27-2006, 11:45 AM
martinez is a blast but just hard to boat t if you dont know the river...thats all

rivergroupie
01-27-2006, 11:49 AM
You have a point I guess. Your beer...fine, but your brother still has to get his own. Before long he'll be bringing us both beer to relieve me and not even realize it.

rivergoer
01-27-2006, 11:52 AM
yeah we will see if that shit happens...i still have my own boat.. :) :) and little brothers friends as dd's and beer bitches...

Do F150's Float?
01-27-2006, 11:53 AM
I'd like a beer, bitches :D :D :D

rivergoer
01-27-2006, 11:54 AM
cool then go get four of them out of rbs fridge and make rivergroupie open them :) :)

rivergroupie
01-27-2006, 11:56 AM
That's alright F150, I got mine and RB's...you can grab your's and goer's...make sure you lick the top of goers...he's kinky like that...

rivergoer
01-27-2006, 11:57 AM
watch out with the licking talk rb might pop a wood an you just might sand it down for him :)

rivergoer
01-27-2006, 12:00 PM
btw bill talking about beer bitches whats wit the half a beer you left out on the table the other night?????

NOTALENT
01-27-2006, 12:03 PM
This is the type of talk I like to hear....It means summer is getting here quicker!! FOCK YEAH!!! :crossx:

barbigrl
01-27-2006, 12:07 PM
Newbie.....Rule #1
The guy with the boat is NEVER the Beer Bitch ;)
Now go get me a beer and make sure its openbefore you hand it to me :D
looks like BG just got replaced in her beer fetching responsibilities ;)
Phew!! Tell him to get me a beer too!! :rollside:

rivergoer
01-27-2006, 12:12 PM
I was done drinking and wanted to go to bed. You know how us old folks do it :D
ol people????i thought you said sammy and i were the old people..and not finising your beer is just as wrong as going to a tittie bar and not looking at the tits!!

rivergoer
01-27-2006, 12:13 PM
looks like you need the smarten up :D

BarryMac
01-27-2006, 12:27 PM
Sorry did not intend to insult.... I just have never heard anything positive :( Good point about Havasu and Parker though~ :rollside:
Then maybe you should get out more... :D I'll tell you nothing, I repeat nothing bad about Martinez, it is the most laid back, easy going place on the river, hands down.

riverbound
01-27-2006, 12:31 PM
Then maybe you should get out more... :D I'll tell you nothing, I repeat nothing bad about Martinez, it is the most laid back, easy going place on the river, hands down.
Parker is still better :D

Froggystyle
01-27-2006, 12:31 PM
Not to mention pretty, beautiful water, raging parties and very low police presence.

Froggystyle
01-27-2006, 12:32 PM
Parker is still better :D
For some things, yes. But since I don't have a place at either, I can tell you with complete sincerity that Martinez is where I would rather spend more weekends a summer.

Havasu Hangin'
01-27-2006, 12:39 PM
I built a whole boat and company around being able to boat there with a 27 foot boat comfortably.
Leaves me out.
Although I do applaud the "anywhere but Parker" thinking...

rivercrazy
01-27-2006, 12:43 PM
Leaves me out.
Ditto!

Do F150's Float?
01-27-2006, 01:01 PM
That's alright F150, I got mine and RB's...you can grab your's and goer's...make sure you lick the top of goers...he's kinky like that...
I just went to get my beer... the fridge was full of zima... WTF??? :220v:

Froggystyle
01-27-2006, 01:41 PM
Leaves me out.
Well, as has occurred in years and ops past, you are welcome on OTR...

RiverDave
01-27-2006, 01:47 PM
Leaves me out.
LMAO.. :D
RD

RiverDave
01-27-2006, 02:10 PM
Something to think about..
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104196&page=1
It's happening all over the place.. :(
RD

Hustler
01-27-2006, 02:22 PM
Very interesting :idea:

2sand2
01-27-2006, 02:48 PM
I had so much fun at the parker one last year I will paddle my boat to the sand bar in martinez just to not miss this one.... :jawdrop: :cool:
how bout we arrange departure times from the ramp every 45 min with a lake local leading the way thru the sand bars to the party sight.... :D

RiverDave
01-27-2006, 02:58 PM
How about we skip the martinez idea and stick to the basic plan that's been there since the beginning.. ;)
A place that's as friendly as possible to people on both sides of the fence.. The freeboard challenged, and the freeboard blessed. ;) :D
RD

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-27-2006, 03:25 PM
Alright! I am so tired of the crybabies "If it's not at ___________ then I'm not going." I have 3 words for you: THEN DON'T GO Better yet, host one yourself. Then YOU get to listen to all the crybabies. If my boat can't make it, then I won't go. I won't sit there and cry like some little 3 year old who didn't get her way on the playground. If you can't or won't make the spring one, then go to the later one. Newsflash.The world does not revolve around you.
That's all I have to say about that. Rant off.

RiverDave
01-27-2006, 03:30 PM
Alright! I am so tired of the crybabies "If it's not at ___________ then I'm not going." I have 3 words for you: THEN DON'T GO Better yet, host one yourself. Then YOU get to listen to all the crybabies. If my boat can't make it, then I won't go. I won't sit there and cry like some little 3 year old who didn't get her way on the playground. If you can't or won't make the spring one, then go to the later one. Newsflash.The world does not revolve around you.
If that was in reference to myself.. I have hosted them before. Point in fact I hosted three of them? Which of the three includes the 1st one.
With regards to every get together though, the people that plan them and put them together try to pick a location so that anyone from the boards that wanted to attend, could attend.
I.E. Parker, Havasu (but somewhere the flats could still make it), Mohave, etc.. etc.. by picking an extra-ordinarily shallow place it limits the people that can and would go.
The world doesn't revolve around the big boat guys.. Nor does it revolve around the small boat guys. It's suppose to be a gathering for people to meet up and have a good time regardless of there freeboard situation.
Your right, the world doesn't revolve around me, it revolves around everyone.
I really wanted to goto the mojave one last year, but unfortunately time and $$$ didn't allow it. :(
RD

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-27-2006, 03:31 PM
Noone was being a crybaby. I personally was stating we would never run our boat at MArtinez. OP6 event or not..
No tears were involved. :D

Havasu Hangin'
01-27-2006, 03:34 PM
The world doesn't revolve around me?
:confused:

riverbound
01-27-2006, 03:34 PM
Nope...it revolves around me :D

RiverDave
01-27-2006, 03:35 PM
Well Ok you got me there.. HH you pick the spot!
anywhere but Catalina. LOL
RD

Havasu Hangin'
01-27-2006, 03:41 PM
Well Ok you got me there.. HH you pick the spot!
anywhere but Catalina. LOL
RD
Since the world revolves around me...
:idea:
...I say we have in the pool at the Hard Rock in Vegas!
:D
PS- I do think that post is a new record for how early someone "snapped" while we were planning an OP6C event.

AZKC
01-27-2006, 03:42 PM
Party with the Moofers :crossx:
And IMO PArker during the Summer weekends is no place for a FBC boat much less a flat :)
MMSW you go girl :skull: :rollside:

RiverDave
01-27-2006, 03:46 PM
Indeed it does.
I SECOND THE MOTION!!
PS- I do think that post is a new record for how early someone "snapped" while we were planning an OP6C event.
I think your right.. LOL He's got alot of shit on his plate right now though so I can understand. They are trying to take his land, and then tell him he can't even ride on it at the same time. I think I'd be grumpy too. :(
RD

HOOTER SLED-
01-27-2006, 03:50 PM
WHat about in the area of Topock or Needles? Gotta be a decent beach down there to gather a bunch of boats. Something different. Kinda off the beaten path too.

Havasu Hangin'
01-27-2006, 03:50 PM
I think your right.. LOL He's got alot of shit on his plate right now though so I can understand. They are trying to take his land, and then tell him he can't even ride on it at the same time. I think I'd be grumpy
You know what always makes me feel better when things are not going my way?
A nice, juicy, medium-well puppy-burger and a Sam Adams.
Just a suggestion.

RiverDave
01-27-2006, 03:51 PM
WHat about in the area of Topock or Needles? Gotta be a decent beach down there to gather a bunch of boats. Something different. Kinda off the beaten path too.
See the post at the top of this page.. I think Needles is pretty much over boating get togethers.
RD

BarryMac
01-27-2006, 03:52 PM
Party with the Moofers :crossx:
And IMO PArker during the Summer weekends is no place for a FBC boat much less a flat :)
MMSW you go girl :skull: :rollside:
The Moofers Rule!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

HOOTER SLED-
01-27-2006, 03:54 PM
See the post at the top of this page.. I think Needles is pretty much over boating get togethers.
RD
Oh, was that where that link was??? BUt that was at the Marina right??

HOOTER SLED-
01-27-2006, 03:54 PM
You know what always makes me feel better when things are not going my way?
A nice, juicy, medium-well puppy-burger and a Sam Adams.
Just a suggestion.
MMSW is gonna jab you in the eye. :crossx:

RiverDave
01-27-2006, 03:55 PM
I believe so.. :(
RD

77charger
01-27-2006, 04:02 PM
never been there myself but as far south as aha quin area.Really enjoyed it down there same as you describe.Plus the LAW aint pulling you over for any stupid reason just wave as they go by or ask if you are ok(stopped and floating to see if not mechanical probs then leave)

MAINEVENT
01-27-2006, 04:02 PM
Parker or Havi sounds good...... or wherever the "F".....

Mrs. casean
01-27-2006, 04:11 PM
never been there myself but as far south as aha quin area.Really enjoyed it down there same as you describe.Plus the LAW aint pulling you over for any stupid reason just wave as they go by or ask if you are ok(stopped and floating to see if not mechanical probs then leave)
Aha Quin is super laid back and lots of fun!! Great place! :D

Hustler
01-27-2006, 04:15 PM
We are in the planning stages right now and details will be posted soon

77charger
01-27-2006, 04:15 PM
I agree on this too can ihave a beer with you.Cant go here cause there too many production boats,Water is dirty might have to really clean my boat,my boat will be the only cool one there,there aint no bar on the water,it aint havasu,We have to camp,etc.
the best op6 i went o was the parker one i believe 3 was at the campground great crowd,etc second best was 5 stayed on a houseboat that weekend.
As far as other gatherings or all for that matter was last years naci bash.Every one stayed at the same place,we brought our own party and met alot of new faces,was a good turn out some didnt realize their was other boating options in california.

77charger
01-27-2006, 04:19 PM
If that was in reference to myself.. I have hosted them before. Point in fact I hosted three of them? Which of the three includes the 1st one.
With regards to every get together though, the people that plan them and put them together try to pick a location so that anyone from the boards that wanted to attend, could attend.
I.E. Parker, Havasu (but somewhere the flats could still make it), Mohave, etc.. etc.. by picking an extra-ordinarily shallow place it limits the people that can and would go.
The world doesn't revolve around the big boat guys.. Nor does it revolve around the small boat guys. It's suppose to be a gathering for people to meet up and have a good time regardless of there freeboard situation.
Your right, the world doesn't revolve around me, it revolves around everyone.
I really wanted to goto the mojave one last year, but unfortunately time and $$$ didn't allow it. :(
RD
RD i think you go wherever beer is served.LOL
I know your attitude on this too you want everyone happy even of it aint in parker.
BTW you going to the drag boat races this year if so stop by we have a beer or beers for you.I got a new ride. :rollside: But it aint no toy this time around

RiverDave
01-27-2006, 04:21 PM
Just in case anyone missed what Hustler posted..
RD

RiverDave
01-27-2006, 04:21 PM
RD i think you go wherever beer is served.LOL
I know your attitude on this too you want everyone happy even of it aint in parker.
BTW you going to the drag boat races this year if so stop by we have a beer or beers for you.I got a new ride. :rollside: But it aint no toy this time around
You know me, I always show up around those kinda places.. ;) :D
RD

AZKC
01-27-2006, 04:26 PM
Remember OP6C is a party, it is a gathering, so you can have one where ever you want, its like a state of mind man feel the vibe and just go with it :skull:

Froggystyle
01-27-2006, 04:32 PM
Who is the "we" ;)
"We" are planning one in Martinez... hehe.
Maybe "we" should have our people call your people. I will warn you however... "we" have Mandy.

RiverDave
01-27-2006, 05:16 PM
Who is the "we" ;)
"We" are planning one in Martinez... hehe.
Maybe "we" should have our people call your people. I will warn you however... "we" have Mandy.
The "We" = Black Helicopters...
RD

Froggystyle
01-27-2006, 05:22 PM
The "We" = Black Helicopters...
RD
Yeah... those are mine too...

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-27-2006, 05:26 PM
Okay, now that I'm done ranting. You guys know that I love you all (well, MOST of you :D ) Yes, I've had a jack and coke already. Now that I'm feeling better . . .
Dave, my rant was not directed towards you. I know you have hosted these gigs before, and furthermore, I know you would go anywhere there is a party. :p You, like me,figure that if you can't take your boat somewhere, you can ride with someone else. I don't think I've ever seen you complain about it either way anyway, at least not publicly.
Nor was it directed towards you, Linda. I won't take my boat to Mead again. Period. I understand.
HH, the world DID revolve around you until you started talking about puppy burritos and ka-bobs, then you were cast out of God's light. He loves puppies, and not to eat. Now the world revolves around Mrs. Hootersled. Sorry.
Sorry for my rant, folks.
MMSW<---deals with middle schoolers all day

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-27-2006, 05:31 PM
Are you saying I "snapped"???? :D

RiverDave
01-27-2006, 05:31 PM
Yeah... those are mine too...
So we'll be calling this # 4 then? Maybe a Lost in Space kinda theme, either that or Gilligan's Island? :D IV went for a 3 hour tour did it? ;) :D :D
RD

Froggystyle
01-27-2006, 05:34 PM
So we'll be calling this # 4 then? Maybe a Lost in Space kinda theme, either that or Gilligan's Island? :D 4 went for a 3 hour tour did it?
RD
More like 4b...
I had some issues back then...
In any case, I would say that a Martinez op is a great idea. If anyone has a problem with boat size... we will have a couple of 27 foot deckboats down there... yours should be fine, right?
Oh, wait... we draft 10" at rest. Oh, you have a prop? Yeah, you better be careful.

RiverDave
01-27-2006, 05:38 PM
I said it once, I'll say it again.
One of the main key points of a location is that most anyone that would like to go, can go.. If it's that shallow down there, then that alienates alot of people that would like to attend?
personally I don't care if it's down there or not, becuase I have a few friends with places down there and boats I can ride on if needs be.. But not everyone is going to be so down for that.
And who is "we" with the 10 inches.. ;) :D
RD

Havasu Hangin'
01-27-2006, 05:42 PM
Are you saying I "snapped"???? :D
Yep.
Have a "Puppy and Coke" and chill out...
PS- God loves puppies because they taste like chicken. :supp:

Froggystyle
01-27-2006, 06:43 PM
I said it once, I'll say it again.
One of the main key points of a location is that most anyone that would like to go, can go.. If it's that shallow down there, then that alienates alot of people that would like to attend?
personally I don't care if it's down there or not, becuase I have a few friends with places down there and boats I can ride on if needs be.. But not everyone is going to be so down for that.
And who is "we" with the 10 inches.. ;) :D
RD
Well, Havasu alienates a lot of folks with smaller boats, and I can't count how many people I have talked to that would rather go to a venue where you can actually get some boating/skiing and partying done in the same weekend. Martinez is all that and a box of rubbers. Great partying, phenomenal boating and wonderful floating around. There are good services and a lot of great places where we could own the whole cove with no outside impact.
I wouldn't have suggested it, but since it was brought up, I am a huge fan of the idea...

Mandelon
01-27-2006, 07:52 PM
Good God, it ain't like its 12" deep everywhere. Its no worse than running to the sand bar from havasu up through the river mouth. the bottom is all sand, and soft clean sand too. I have had to bush my boat off of it before....along with a half dozen very helpful canoers....the main area is plenty deep. 28's run all day long.
Linda you crack me up.
The accomodations are the issue at Martinez, there's not many places to stay. Plenty of camping areas though..
Again, there's no reason not to do both, I don't recall there being a limit in the OP6 rule book. I want to go to Parker again, too. Tying up 4 deep at Dave's was off the hook.

Mandelon
01-27-2006, 08:00 PM
SO your saying i can run my 28' :cry: down their?can i leave the harbor and go to fishers????
You, can ride with me. :cool:

77charger
01-27-2006, 08:02 PM
got whipped cream???

Mandelon
01-27-2006, 08:04 PM
got whipped cream???
Well,yeah, but not for Mark. :yuk: A blow up doll, a mannequin and maybe a pig too. so what of it?? :p

Mandelon
01-27-2006, 08:13 PM
Rum and Root Beer....? :crossx:

JetBoatRich
01-27-2006, 09:43 PM
It's the end of January and no date yet :)

Bahner tunnel
01-27-2006, 10:45 PM
You have my vote for Martinez lake!

Sportin' Wood
01-28-2006, 08:58 AM
I care not where its held.... Heard a rumor about the delta.. That would be cool. Going new places and meeting new people is always a plus. I've had a blast at the last 3 regardless of where it was held. LEO activity in the location of said operation would be my biggest concern if I was planning this, not to mention the liabilty.
Where ever its planned for is fine with me as long as its not mohave....F-MOHAVE :yuk: :) :)
Mandy I'm down with a trip to your so called mud hole,hopefully You and Barry can show us around.
Funny, I thought the whole OP6C thing was about having the right attitude not which section of the river was best? Guess I just don't get it. I'll crawl back in my igloo now and pray for the heat to come back. See you all at the boat show today.
Hey there's Sam Adams in here.. Right on! HH care to share a puppy omelette? I can only handle about 1 and a half puppies, a 3 puppy omelette is a bit much. :boxed:
SW<----thinks even Elsinore is cool cause he's 3 minutes from the launch ramp, and hits the pea pond hard almost every friday afternoon from June to Sept.

wsuwrhr
01-28-2006, 09:46 AM
Jet or V-drive?
Brian

boatsnblondes
01-28-2006, 10:14 AM
Hey, I'm a newbe to the board, but not to boating......what can I do to help? <provided I can get a little time off from the choo-choo's? > And another thing, where do I go to get another bear bitch....I told my wife about it, she loved the idea...and I have heard good things about Martinez, but have shyed away from going there because I am not sure about water depth, and I have a bravo back there, <is it safe?>

HOOTER SLED-
01-28-2006, 10:30 AM
Now the world revolves around Mrs. Hootersled. Sorry.
Sorry for my rant, folks.
MMSW<---deals with middle schoolers all day
Uuuummmm. Don't you mean MR. HOOTER SLED? :D

RiverDave
01-28-2006, 12:07 PM
Funny, I thought the whole OP6C thing was about having the right attitude not which section of the river was best?
It is about having the right attitude.. But also we try to make sure that anyone that wants to go is able too.
RD

h2oski2fast
01-28-2006, 12:16 PM
It is about having the right attitude.. But also we try to make sure that anyone that wants to go is able too.
RD
I agree with RD. Martinez wouldn't work for me. I don't like to stress about having to put another prop on the boat. Elsinore is fun, for a day, but not for a weekend. Plus it's very small. Havasu, Parker and Mohave work best because so many people already have places around that area.
Oh, and RD get yor a$$ to the boat show and off the couch you lazy Focker.

2sand2
01-31-2006, 05:16 PM
hmmmmmm much as I hate 'polls' guess that is what should happen here.. now I know Mandy and Froggy have volenteered to host and in doing so really have the last say in where this takes place and as stated SEVERAL TIMES... just cuz this one is here don't make it the only one....
ready for my .02??????
poll should say
A. Lake Martinez
B. Parker (like last year)
C. Havasu (maybe towards the south end to accomodate the lower river dwellers
D. Lake Mojave (like last fall)
E. Other... with suggestions...
K, now I am done... all I know is I WANA GO TO THE RIVER WITH ALL A YOU AND PARTY!!! :cry: ....did I just say that out loud???
PS... if it is in Vegas at a hotel do we still bring the boats just to hang in in the parking lot???? :rolleyes:

Froggystyle
01-31-2006, 05:44 PM
I'm really basically pretty easy. I think one of the nice things about OP6 is that it gets people out of their comfort spots a little. I never would have gone to that cove in Havasu if it wasn't for the OP, and I imagine that a lot less shit talking would get done about Martinez if anyone actually bothered to go there and check it out instead of poking fun all of the time.
When I buy a spot at the river... hopefully this year it will be in one of two places...
A) North Short of Lake Martinez or
B) Parker Keys
I am inclined to do Parker just because I like it so much, but would likely do Martinez for the pure quality of boating that goes on down there.
I don't really care, but if the concensus would like to try a new spot, I will throw it with Mandy in Martinez and everyone will have a damn blast.

AZJD
01-31-2006, 05:56 PM
hmmmmmm much as I hate 'polls' guess that is what should happen here.. now I know Mandy and Froggy have volenteered to host and in doing so really have the last say in where this takes place and as stated SEVERAL TIMES... just cuz this one is here don't make it the only one....
ready for my .02??????
poll should say
A. Lake Martinez
B. Parker (like last year)
C. Havasu (maybe towards the south end to accomodate the lower river dwellers
D. Lake Mojave (like last fall)
E. Other... with suggestions...
K, now I am done... all I know is I WANA GO TO THE RIVER WITH ALL A YOU AND PARTY!!! :cry: ....did I just say that out loud???
PS... if it is in Vegas at a hotel do we still bring the boats just to hang in in the parking lot???? :rolleyes:
LAKE PLEASANT! :rollside:

AZKC
01-31-2006, 06:00 PM
We could just through our own at Pleasant. :crossx: But I'm all for the little boats lets do Apache. :idea:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-31-2006, 06:00 PM
Diamond Valley Lake :D It's big enough, isn't it?

AZJD
01-31-2006, 06:01 PM
We could just through our own at Pleasant. :crossx: But I'm all for the little boats lets do Apache. :idea:
Not big enough, would never get on plain! :cry:

AZKC
01-31-2006, 06:08 PM
17 miles Dam to Dam, but getting the boat to the lake might pose a challange :idea:

Ziggy
01-31-2006, 06:12 PM
Geez you guys, take some Ex-Lax.
Sounds like its in the works with more than one group/clique so whenever a date and location is made known we'll find out who will or won't attend.

AZKC
01-31-2006, 06:20 PM
Ex-Lax makes me poop :crossx:

AZJD
01-31-2006, 06:25 PM
17 miles Dam to Dam, but getting the boat to the lake might pose a challange :idea:
Guess I should have been thinking of the right lake..........................

Jordy
02-01-2006, 08:09 AM
LAKE PLEASANT! :rollside:
I've heard of that place. Is it any good??? :D :D :D

AZKC
02-01-2006, 09:48 AM
The name says it all LAKE PLEASANT , I think everyone in the Southwest and So Cal should go there every weekend from now untill October :)

Mrs. casean
02-01-2006, 09:54 AM
Diamond Valley Lake :D It's big enough, isn't it?
The freeboard challenged would do just fine there since there is a speed limit there :D But it's close for us :D

Ziggy
02-01-2006, 10:29 AM
Ex-Lax makes me poop :crossx:
That in itself would relieve the stress of where to go.

LHC30Victory
02-01-2006, 11:08 AM
OK, so where is it gonna be? My vote is Mojave, Havasu or Puddingstone :rolleyes:

Big Warlock
02-01-2006, 12:21 PM
Lake Pleasant is a lovely place in the desert, where you can raft up with 50 foot yacht rejects from Newport Beach and learn the finer points of anchoring! Watch bubba and the boys catch some fish and then set out a couple of jet skiis ahead of the crowd at the end of the day to distract the Sherriff and his mighty gang of intellects so those can all get home safe and sober!
Hum Bug will be of special interest to many of you at this year's "Redneck OP6" event. You'll find many of your flotilla still stunned by the drive from Ca. and Havasu lounging around waiting for the craziness to settle down.
Seriously, Lake Pleasant is alot of fun. If everyone would make the trip, you'd have a great time. :yuk:

Mohave Vice
03-26-2006, 04:08 PM
Any dates yet?