PDA

View Full Version : "JOHN" AT PARKER YAMAHA any one know what happened??

SummerBreeze
01-18-2007, 11:55 AM
I just got off the phone with them at Parker Yamaha and I found out that he was killed in a car crash a few days ago.
Any info. from anyone on this ... They were to shook up to talk about it.
GOD SPEED -- JOHN

phebus
01-18-2007, 12:02 PM
From what I understand, it was a single vehicle rollover, in which he was ejected.

SummerBreeze
01-18-2007, 12:06 PM
From what I understand, it was a single vehicle rollover, in which he was ejected.
Where did this happen?
I bet he went to the supercross in phoenix last weekend

phebus
01-18-2007, 12:08 PM
In Parker right near his home.

Boatcop
01-18-2007, 02:03 PM
Tried to ditch the cops. 50+ in a 25 zone, through "S" turns. Rolled, ejected, fatal. Under Investigation. Routine TOX screen pending.

ColeTR2
01-18-2007, 02:15 PM
Tried to ditch the cops. 50+ in a 25 zone, through "S" turns. Rolled, ejected, fatal. Under Investigation. Routine TOX screen pending.
I guess it would have been less costly to stop. :hammer2:

ratso
01-18-2007, 02:20 PM
I guess it would have been less costly to stop. :hammer2:
That is usually the case...:confused:

Trailer Park Casanova
01-18-2007, 02:29 PM
John always struck me as a decent guy that had a lot to live for.
Sorry to read it.
RD's take when it's all sorted out will be interesting.

ColeTR2
01-18-2007, 02:29 PM
Lesson #2 if your going to run put on your seat belt. Like there is any place to run to in Parker.

Trailer Park Casanova
01-18-2007, 02:33 PM
Lesson #2 if your going to run put on your seat belt. Like there is any place to run to in Parker.
My thoughts too, on land or the water.

cnj
01-18-2007, 02:43 PM
Is it John that had the longer blonde hair?

SK48
01-18-2007, 03:08 PM
Happened Monday night, he had left Stroke's and was driving back to
Sandpiper Condo's. His red Miata was really torn up.

RiverRatMike
01-18-2007, 04:23 PM
I just got off the phone with them at Parker Yamaha and I found out that he was killed in a car crash a few days ago.
Any info. from anyone on this ... They were to shook up to talk about it.
GOD SPEED -- JOHN
Is John that really tall nice guy? That's the only guy I remember from there.

SummerBreeze
01-18-2007, 04:37 PM
Is John that really tall nice guy? That's the only guy I remember from there.
Yes.... Tall.... Longer Hair.... Nice Guy..... Too
Worked in the parts dept. for a long time at Parker Yamaha
Sucks to hear about it

boatnam2
01-18-2007, 04:41 PM
Happened Monday night, he had left Stroke's and was driving back to
Sandpiper Condo's. His red Miata was really torn up.
parkers big speed trap,lived righ across from sand piper and watched cops all night and day long write tickets there.must of been pretty hammered to be a local and try and run from the cop especially on that section of road.

Tequila-John
01-18-2007, 04:47 PM
parkers big speed trap,lived righ across from sand piper and watched cops all night and day long write tickets there.must of been pretty hammered to be a local and try and run from the cop especially on that section of road.
Yeah bud......

Boatcop
01-18-2007, 05:11 PM
A speed trap is where a highway goes from a reasonable speed limit to an unreasonable lower one for no apparent reason with questionable signage, primarily to raise revenue.
That road has been 25 MPH in those turns (with warnings to 20 MPH) for many years with more than adequate signage and bright yellow ones for the 20 MPH turn warnings. Very appropriate in a mainly residential area, with a long history of serious accidents.
Speed enforcement is not a "Speed Trap". Especially in a County that leads the state in per capita fatal and serious injury traffic accidents.
Sorry to quasi hi-jack the thread. My heart goes out to the Posey family for their loss, as it does for anyone who loses a loved one.

boatnam2
01-18-2007, 05:44 PM
A speed trap is where a highway goes from a reasonable speed limit to an unreasonable lower one for no apparent reason with questionable signage, primarily to raise revenue.
That road has been 25 MPH in those turns (with warnings to 20 MPH) for many years with more than adequate signage and bright yellow ones for the 20 MPH turn warnings. Very appropriate in a mainly residential area, with a long history of serious accidents.
Speed enforcement is not a "Speed Trap". Especially in a County that leads the state in per capita fatal and serious injury traffic accidents.
Sorry to quasi hi-jack the thread. My heart goes out to the Posey family for their loss, as it does for anyone who loses a loved one.
bc i pretty much agree with you about everything but not this, it is a speed trap when it goes from 45 to 25 in the length of a short hill.even if you let off the gas and coast up your still going to fast.being that i have seen it with my own eyes and not hear say i will put that spot up against any in parker for ticket totals.

Boatcop
01-18-2007, 05:52 PM
bc i pretty much agree with you about everything but not this, it is a speed trap when it goes from 45 to 25 in the length of a short hill.even if you let off the gas and coast up your still going to fast.being that i have seen it with my own eyes and not hear say i will put that spot up against any in parker for ticket totals.
It goes from 45 along the straight stretch, to 35 in front of the fire station and our house, and 25 at the beginning of the hill. Well marked, hardly a surprise.
And I've dove for bodies from cars that go into the River at the crest of that first turn more times than I care to think about. I believe that's more than sufficient reason for a speed reduction in that area.

mbrown2
01-18-2007, 06:19 PM
Condolences go out to the family...
Speed Trap or not, a Parker local leaving Stroke's to his house less then 1.5 miles away on one stretch of road knows the speed limit, knows the speed variation in that part of town and knows to pull over unless they have a reason not to pull over......too bad he did not that night

boatnam2
01-18-2007, 06:21 PM
It goes from 45 along the straight stretch, to 35 in front of the fire station and our house, and 25 at the beginning of the hill. Well marked, hardly a surprise.
And I've dove for bodies from cars that go into the River at the crest of that first turn more times than I care to think about. I believe that's more than sufficient reason for a speed reduction in that area.
i didnt say it was not an area that needs a reason for speed reduction,but to the average joe cruising along at 50mph not paying attention until he hits the hill and slows its to late he is speeding.even got one there myself 20 years ago in my buddies trans am.

Parker Dreamin
01-18-2007, 07:05 PM
Sad to hear about that.... Strokes and Sandpipers are both old hangouts for me. Close to home.