PDA

View Full Version : Laker Lovers

datdude
01-19-2007, 09:26 AM
Man, those Lakers looked like Golden State against the Mav's last night. :devil: Not suprised not to see any anal-isis this morning. :idea: :D

eliminatedsprinter
01-19-2007, 09:30 AM
They played poorly against a very good team. Thus, they got killed, these things happen in sports.:idea:

OutCole'd
01-19-2007, 09:32 AM
Flat out, got killed. Still a great team with a road in front of them. Remember, They did beat Dallas the last time they played. So not everyone wins evry game.

dmontzsta
01-19-2007, 09:38 AM
They did get beat, but it was the Mavs paying them back for the Lakers beating them before. It is ok though, the Lakers really miss Lamar each time they play Dirk, Lamars length and D gives Dirk a very hard time. With Kwame he would have sucked up most of those rebounds they missed. The Lakers were out boarded 53-28. Kwame and Lamar average 16 rebounds together and 28 points.
Good news is...the Lakers are still 26-14 and Kwame is due back Monday and Lamar a few days after, now the fun begins.

eliminatedsprinter
01-19-2007, 10:32 AM
To be honest I don't miss Kwame much, but I sure hope Lamar is fully healthy.

AirtimeLavey
01-19-2007, 10:35 AM
Gotta love a hater jumping on 1 loss, especially last night, the second of a back-to-back and against Dallas at home. :hammer2: Did you catch the game the night before?
They hung in the game until half time, and did have defensive and rebounding issues, again. We've talked about how they need to step that up to a more consistent level. I just love to hear the fans cheering for Lakers when they're at other teams home court. Yeah, they're booing too, but you don't hear as much cheering for the visiting team at Staples. Says a lot.
Like we've been saying it's a work in progress, and no one with any sense expects them to never lose. Although it would be good to see them beat the teams they should beat. Last night odds were heavily against them. Farmar's play was a bright spot, though. :cool:

dmontzsta
01-19-2007, 11:21 AM
Yup, Beating San Antonio the night before and then playing a red hot Dallas team in their home is tough for ANY team.
BTW: The Lakers had won 3 in a row, so one loss isnt going to kill them. ;)

rrrr
01-19-2007, 05:39 PM
Heheh, I knew the Donald would hve some lame-o reasoning for that sorry showing...... :D
Gettin' down to the meaningful part of the season....seeya! :D :D

dmontzsta
01-19-2007, 06:23 PM
Heheh, I knew the Donald would hve some lame-o reasoning for that sorry showing...... :D
Gettin' down to the meaningful part of the season....seeya! :D :D
But there is truth to the reasoning. The Lakers beat Dallas with the same short handed team (missing 3 starters) in Los Angeles. Dallas just took care of their home court and took advantage of a tired Lakers team who beat San Antonio the night before. ;)
You are right, it is a meaningful part of the season and Kwame and Odom are coming back next week. Odom is the one guy who can definitely neutralize Dirk, more than others can. Dont write off this Laker team, they are doing very well for being short handed.

Jyruiz
01-19-2007, 07:06 PM
Man, those Lakers looked like Golden State against the Mav's last night. :devil: Not suprised not to see any anal-isis this morning. :idea: :D
Amazing!

skygod73
01-19-2007, 07:53 PM
It's funny how haters will bash the Lakers for 1 loss. They got killed on the boards. Don't you think it matters they were missing 2/5 of their starting five, 2 of their best defenders, and 2/3 of their STARTING front court! Hence they got killed on the boards. Lamar is 6'10 and Kwame is 6'11 and they are the teams leading rebounders. Lamar can gaurd Dirk on the outside, and force him to expend energy on the defensive end, something he doesn't like to do. I'm not saying the Lakers would have won with them last night, but the game would have been much closer with their rebounding/defense. Take away any teams center and power forward and we'll see how they match up with Dallas. The Mavs will probably win it all this year, but they better watch out cause the Lakers are getting close. If Bynum becomes the player we see flashes of, the league is in trouble.

skygod73
01-19-2007, 07:55 PM
BTW, how come you didn't post anything after the Spurs game?