PDA

View Full Version : OK sand and off-roader racers..then what is this worth

2Driver
01-19-2007, 10:27 AM
On the used market. It went out the door at $112K new with a few added goodies over what you see in the picture in 2005 and is in great shape.
Used value today $______? Build sheet and more pics are at the bootom of the link. YOu would be helping me if you give an honest answer. IN case you cant get into the link the info is listed.
http://dunebuggy.com/members/displayBuggy.mp?iBuggyID=29&iIndex=46&szBuggyList=89|88|81|80|78|69|64|61|59|40|26|42|27 |87|86|85|79|72|68|67|66|65|62|60|58|57|56|55|54|5 3|52|51|50|49|48|46|45|41|39|38|37|36|34|33|32|30| 29|21|20|18|17|14|13|12|11|10|8|7|4|3|2|47|44|31|2 8|25|24|23|22|19|15|9|6|5|1
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22335&stc=1&d=1169231425
Front A-arms, King coil-overs and 3" bypass shocks, 24" travel, rear trailing arms, King coil-overs and 3" bypass shocks, 23" travel.
Engine/Trans: 510hp Chevy upgraded LS-1 V8 / Albins AGB 5-speed syncro , sand tires on bead locks included
This four-seat dual-sport version is an awesome deep blue color with silver tribal flames. This car has everything the serious buggy enthusiast could possibly want. Like all SideWinders it features our extremely stout 1-5/8" chromoly tubing chassis with extensive cross bracing for the ultimate in safety. The desert-proven suspension offers 24 inches of travel up front via monstrous dual A-arms, King coil-over shocks, and King 3-inch triple-tube bypass shocks. Huge rear trailing arms offer 23 inches of travel, also fitted with King coil-overs and bypasses. Power comes from a 425hp Chevy LS-1 Corvette motor built by Redline Performance, backed by a race-bred Albins AGB five-speed transaxle. This car is set up the desert with features like a large screen GPS, passenger intercom and two-way radio, dual Parker Pumpers for fresh air to helmets, roof rack with integrated light bar and four top-mounted HID lights, spare tire, and much more. Come see this awesome buggy today, only at the DuneBuggy.com showroom!
Did you know? SideWinder buggies are not your average play toy. Check out this impressive list of specifications:
Every SideWinder chassis can be fitted with either a Mendeola, Fortin, or Albins transaxle simply by changing the bolt-on transaxle mounts. So if a customer purchases a SideWinder with a Mendeola MD4S-2D and decides later on to upgrade to an Albins, it’s a simple swap with no welding required. The transaxles can also be removed from the bottom of the chassis without having to remove the engine.
The front hubs/disc brakes for the 2-inch hollow race spindles are manufactured by Gear One specifically for SideWinder. They feature 11-inch slotted rotors and 4-piston calipers.
The rear mid-board hubs/disc brakes are also built by Gear One for SideWinder. They feature 13-inch slotted rotors and massive 6-piston calipers.
Huge 934 CV joints were made by Gear One at the request of DuneBuggy.com. The entire CV joint, including the star, cage, and housing are made from 300M material, which is extremely strong.
DuneBuggy.com also requested huge 1.5-inch diameter 300M axles from Gear One, much larger than most axles.
Over 570 linear feet of chromoly tubing used in each SideWinder due to the extensive “X” bracing throughout the chassis for the ultimate in passenger safety. Extra bracing also prevents chassis flex and therefore eliminates cracked frames.
Side panels and hood receive carpeting on the inside to eliminate vibration noise.
SideWinders are built to be driven hard. Thousands of miles of harsh desert and sand dune testing have resulted in zero chassis or suspension failures.
Race quality foam-filled fuel cells are 17 gallons standard, available up to 33 gallons.
All of the top quality components listed for these buggies are standard, there is no light-weight or budget version of a SideWinder.
To see if a SideWinder will fit in your trailer, here are the specifications:
Overall length: 16`
Overall width with desert tires: 91"
Overall width with paddle tires: 98.5"
Overall height with light bar: 77

bruddah
01-19-2007, 10:39 AM
i have a friend that had virtually the same car except it had a windshield and a couple other small goodies, and he sold his for 85K and that was at the beginning of the season. ive personnally ridden in these cars and they are awesome, nothin liek doin 110mph throuhg 3 ft whoops and feeling perfectly safe. good luck with your sale and this is an awesome car!

2Driver
01-19-2007, 10:41 AM
i have a friend that had virtually the same car except it had a windshield and a couple other small goodies, and he sold his for 85K and that was at the beginning of the season. ive personnally ridden in these cars and they are awesome, nothin liek doin 110mph throuhg 3 ft whoops and feeling perfectly safe. good luck with your sale and this is an awesome car!
THanks, I am the buyer this time around. The value has to be there for me to drop the coin that's what I am working through. Have to fish or cut bait today.

bruddah
01-19-2007, 10:44 AM
you will not be dissapointed by this car. it will be priced high do to the builder and quality you are getting, the guys at revenge racing build the chassis, give them a call and you will not be dissapointed with their customer service as well! awesome guys that build an awesome car!

Trailer Park Casanova
01-19-2007, 10:46 AM
Judged by condition pressed against the cost of a new similar set up.
You should be able to get $7? to $8?K, or there abouts if it's near 1000 point shape.
Some used buyers,, that is many used buyers, look at it as saving $25k over a new purchase that will have the same wear after the first trip.
The sand veh market is kinda going like the boat market price wise.

bohica
01-19-2007, 10:46 AM
Very tuff market on used buggies right now. Seems like you gotta give shiat away these days in order to make a sale. I got lucky, sold my buggy in 2 weeks. I'd say 70-80K range would be about right for your Sidewinder. Since Dunebuggy.com doesn't support the Sidewinder anymore, make sure people know that Justin @ Revenge can take care of any needs that may be needed in the future.

2Driver
01-19-2007, 12:05 PM
Thought I would have more opinons here :confused: ...?

Racey
01-19-2007, 12:43 PM
I'd say 85k is a good start if it is all in good condition which it appears to be, Looks very similar to the Morphic Prerunner car (MOAB) in the front end, a buddy of mine here in boulder has one and it handles exceptionally well jumping and running 80 through big ass whoops.
Desert Cars are so f'n fun, but they are just so much to take care of work and financial wise because of the punishment they take. that's the nice thing about the sand, so much easier on the equipment.

DAVEY B
01-19-2007, 01:06 PM
That is a good deal @ 85,000 most of those cars from Dune Buggies.com are usually in the 100,000. Those cars are one of the best built and handling cars on the market, the are very well built. I know I love mine and I wouldn't let it go for under $100,000
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22344&stc=1&d=1169240579
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22343&stc=1&d=1169240439
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22345&stc=1&d=1169240579

2Driver
01-19-2007, 01:09 PM
[QUOTE=DAVEY B;2347092]That is a good deal @ 85,000 most of those cars from Dune Buggies.com are usually in the 100,000. Those cars are one of the best built and handling cars on the market, the are very well built. I know I love mine and I wouldn't let it go for under $100,000
Very nice....CHeck your PM's

Mrs.Killer
01-19-2007, 01:09 PM
[QUOTE=DAVEY B;2347092]That is a good deal @ 85,000 most of those cars from Dune Buggies.com are usually in the 100,000. Those cars are one of the best built and handling cars on the market, the are very well built. I know I love mine and I wouldn't let it go for under $100,000
Your buggie is BAD ASS.....

blown65
01-19-2007, 01:17 PM
Dave B, that thing is bad azz!

djunkie
01-19-2007, 01:20 PM
Dave B, that thing is bad azz!
Ya it is. :D :D :D

bohica
01-19-2007, 01:51 PM
I have a buddy that owns the purple and yellow 3D flamed Sidewinder that Justin used to drive around and would occasionally hit the double behind Olds in. He also owns a light weight subie powered Elite sand car. For the dunes, he'd much rather be driving the Elite, much more nimble and fun car to drive in the dunes.;) Now if I were to be out in the hardpack, I'd take the Sidewinder any day.:D

DAVEY B
01-19-2007, 02:11 PM
I have a buddy that owns the purple and yellow 3D flamed Sidewinder that Justin used to drive around and would occasionally hit the double behind Olds in. He also owns a light weight subie powered Elite sand car. For the dunes, he'd much rather be driving the Elite, much more nimble and fun car to drive in the dunes.;) Now if I were to be out in the hardpack, I'd take the Sidewinder any day.:D
It is a heavy car but you woudn't know it. It is very easy to dune with my wife drives it all the time and just loves it. Put the car in 2nd and it will go anywhere you want.:)

GrapeApe
01-19-2007, 02:21 PM
Is that Kerin's Car?
*** GrapeApe ***

unleashed
01-19-2007, 02:39 PM
That is a very nice car with alot of goodies. 85k is a more than fair price. This is a very stout car good for desert or dunes. One actually rolled at the drags a few weeks back at 85mph and the car did its job for all occupants inside! I was impressed!
Deano
UnleashedHardcoreApparel (http://www.unleashedclothing.com):devil:

Cole Trickle
01-19-2007, 03:16 PM
70-85K Depending on ahow bad it needs to sell
Market is ugly on rails/boats right now.:)

2Driver
01-19-2007, 03:29 PM
That is a very nice car with alot of goodies. 85k is a more than fair price. This is a very stout car good for desert or dunes. One actually rolled at the drags a few weeks back at 85mph and the car did its job for all occupants inside! I was impressed!
Deano
UnleashedHardcoreApparel (http://www.unleashedclothing.com):devil:
I saw the car you are talking about at revenge racing last week. Amazing how much little damage and the people were basically unhurt from what I understand.