PDA

View Full Version : Free Concert-Benefit for Whitey (the bouncer killed in OC)

BajaMike
01-19-2007, 09:21 PM
There is a free concert and benefit (voluntary donations) at Hennessey's in Dana Point on Sunday, Jan 21, noon to 6:00 pm.
The donations go 50% toward Huricane Katrina charities (this is the 5th annual fund raiser) and 50% to the fund set up for Brandon "Whitey" White, the bouncer who was killed on New Years eve at the Time Out Tavern in Aliso Viejo.
There will be 5 bands playing, including Iron Butterfly (In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida).
http://www.ironbutterfly.com/
A little about Iron Butterfly.....
"In July of 1968, Iron Butterfly released the monumental LP, In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, featuring the 17:05 minute side-long track that shook the entire music industry with its phenomenal reception. 'Vida outsold every record in the history of recorded music within the first year of its release (over eight million copies sold) and therefore outgrew and outsold the standard of the music industry's "Gold Album" award. For this achievement, Iron Butterfly was subsequently awarded: The Industry's Very First "Platinum Album"! This historic award was created and presented by then-president of ATCO Records Ahmet Ertegun, who went on to become the current CEO of the WEA Group. Most recently, "Vida" received the Multi-Platinum award."
"In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, stayed on the charts for 140 weeks, with 81 weeks in the Top Ten. To date the album has sold in excess of 30 million copies and remains an undisputed classic in the archives of rock with DJ's and audiophiles worldwide."
Hey, Dilligaf....Harleys are welcome!!:D
:idea:

DILLIGAF
01-20-2007, 12:01 AM
There is a free concert and benefit (voluntary donations) at Hennessey's in Dana Point on Sunday, Jan 21, noon to 6:00 pm.
The donations go 50% toward Huricane Katrina charities (this is the 5th annual fund raiser) and 50% to the fund set up for Brandon "Whitey" White, the bouncer who was killed on New Years eve at the Time Out Tavern in Aliso Viejo.
There will be 5 bands playing, including Iron Butterfly (In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida).
http://www.ironbutterfly.com/
A little about Iron Butterfly.....
"In July of 1968, Iron Butterfly released the monumental LP, In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, featuring the 17:05 minute side-long track that shook the entire music industry with its phenomenal reception. 'Vida outsold every record in the history of recorded music within the first year of its release (over eight million copies sold) and therefore outgrew and outsold the standard of the music industry's "Gold Album" award. For this achievement, Iron Butterfly was subsequently awarded: The Industry's Very First "Platinum Album"! This historic award was created and presented by then-president of ATCO Records Ahmet Ertegun, who went on to become the current CEO of the WEA Group. Most recently, "Vida" received the Multi-Platinum award."
"In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, stayed on the charts for 140 weeks, with 81 weeks in the Top Ten. To date the album has sold in excess of 30 million copies and remains an undisputed classic in the archives of rock with DJ's and audiophiles worldwide."
Hey, Dilligaf....Harleys are welcome!!:D
Might just ride on down Mike. I am riding tomorrow and if the weather holds I will be down. I will call you if I do make it....
Is Henneseys the one we had lunch at before?

INSman
01-20-2007, 07:22 AM
Someone needs to setup a Paypal account to allow for onlne contibutions for the masses that will not be able to attend the concert. Please post the account name once it has been established.;)

nodigg
01-20-2007, 08:14 AM
Going down to the Harley dealer for a tent sale in bit, I'll talk to the crew about going tommorrow too. We like Turk's for breakfast anyway.

BajaMike
01-20-2007, 11:24 AM
Might just ride on down Mike. I am riding tomorrow and if the weather holds I will be down. I will call you if I do make it....
Is Henneseys the one we had lunch at before?
No, Henneseys is at PCH and Golden Lantern.
Try to make it.....
:D

BajaMike
01-20-2007, 11:27 AM
Someone needs to setup a Paypal account to allow for onlne contibutions for the masses that will not be able to attend the concert. Please post the account name once it has been established.;)
Good idea, I will check with the family and see if they have a Paypal account set up for this.

BajaMike
01-20-2007, 11:28 AM
:D Going down to the Harley dealer for a tent sale in bit, I'll talk to the crew about going tommorrow too. We like Turk's for breakfast anyway.
Come down Rick....Hennesey's has pretty good breakfast too, and $2.00 Bloody Mary's on Sunday.
:D

BajaMike
01-20-2007, 11:32 AM
Map to Hennessey's.....
http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=Zmge7up_0TpL9RgS28ri.8V_z7COf0k-&csz=Dana+Point,+Ca+92629&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=
:sqeyes:

BajaMike
01-20-2007, 04:08 PM
Bump....:idea: