PDA

View Full Version : Remember te Hillside Strangler?

DILLIGAF
01-20-2007, 08:45 AM
Seems his Grandson killed himself and his Grandmother in Yorba Linda on Thursday. He shot her and then shot himself dead as a door knob.
I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree afterall
What a legacy to have

andy01
01-20-2007, 08:53 AM
I believe the grandmother is still in the hospital not dead yet. He did shot her in the head and chest then himself. They played the 911 tape on the news this morning. What a sick family.

DILLIGAF
01-20-2007, 09:00 AM
I believe the grandmother is still in the hospital not dead yet. He did shot her in the head and chest then himself. They played the 911 tape on the news this morning. What a sick family.
In the paper I thought it said she is dead also. Maybe I better recheck that. Either way ya, sick family.

RiverToysJas
01-20-2007, 09:15 AM
At least they are keeping it in the family now. ;)
RTJas :D

wsuwrhr
01-20-2007, 09:19 AM
Now that is the way it should be. The gene pool is a little cleaner to swim in.
Brian

eliminatedsprinter
01-20-2007, 09:45 AM
One of my psych professors worked with the Hilside strangler case (I have forgotten exacly how). Which one was he the grandson of Bianchi or Buono?
One of the things (if I remember correctly) that was never made public, was that there was a girl who survived one of their attacks. She had been raped, horribly tortured, choked out, and left for dead (coverd with leaves on the side of the road) she managed to regain conciousness and climb up to the road where she got help. She was what got them caught, not just the encounter with Peter Lorrie's daughter. My memory is not great on this (I had his class in 1982). From what he said those guys were worse than we can imagine, she was really cut up etc...

H20Advantage
01-20-2007, 09:51 AM
Man who shot grandmother was grandson of '70s 'Hillside Strangler'
Police release 911 recording of woman crying for help after being shot at least twice and watching her grandson take his own life.
BY CINDY CARCAMO
The Orange County Register
YORBA LINDA – A woman shot in a patio-furniture store in Yorba Linda was once married to an infamous 1970s serial killer, and the triggerman was their grandson, Brea police reported Friday.
Christopher Buono, 20, of Fullerton reportedly shot his grandmother, Mary Castillo, 67, at least twice before he fatally shot himself Thursday in the 3900 block of Propect Avenue.
Police confirmed that Buono is a grandson of Angelo Buono Jr., also known as the "Hillside Strangler" who tortured and killed nine women in the 1970s.
Police said they are still investigating the motive for the shooting.
Castillo, shot at her job at Yorba Linda Patio and Hearth, is heard crying for help in a 911 recorded call released Thursday.
"Help me. I'm shot," Castillo said.
"Ma'am, what happened?" a dispatcher asked.
"My grandson shot me, and then he killed himself," Castillo replied. "Please hurry."
Brea police struggled to find the shooting location because Castillo had trouble hearing dispatchers and battled to communicate.
"I'm trying. I'm trying," Castillo told dispatchers. "I don't understand what you're saying."
Instead, she is heard crying and telling dispatchers about her painful injuries.
"I want to go to sleep now … I can't move," Castillo said. "I'm lying on the ground. I'm going to pass out."
Eventually, Castillo's voice faded.
When officers arrived, they discovered Buono's body. They found Castillo with at least two gunshot injuries and took her to an undisclosed hospital.

DILLIGAF
01-20-2007, 10:10 AM
Thanks for clearing that up H2O....I kind of glanced at it quickly this AM.

RitcheyRch
01-20-2007, 12:22 PM
Guess is a family thing to be a nutcase.

Misogynist
01-20-2007, 03:25 PM
Angelo Buono had an auto upholstery business on Colorado Blvd not far from my location. One of my friends used to use Angelo to upholster his Rollers. He said he knew Angelo was a sick f-ck... but he had no idea just how bad he was. When the news broke my buddy was in Europe and about $hit his pants when he heard who they had arrested. One of the pieces of evidence that sealed Buono's fate was he had used plastic upholstery welt to tie up some of his victims. Although he had removed the ties, they left a very distinctive mark on the flesh of his victims because of the notches in the material. Angelo was a pock faced middle aged man that used to hit on his son's girlfriends when he would bring them over to his shop. He really thought he was some romeo........ :jawdrop: