PDA

View Full Version : Do you get your service done at the dealer?

Trailer Park Casanova
01-22-2007, 01:00 PM
We had some super hassles with our local GMC dealer with a simple oil change,, so now I do it myself.
I use the K&N oil filters only because they have the cool 1" socket fitting on the end of the filter,,, and on the 8.1 GMC that is a BFD.
Removing the oil filter on the 8.1 4x4 is a hassle otherwise.
Right before I met my wife, I was dating this awesome looking, but not-a-straight-thought-in-her mellon chick that had a Lexus.
She had all her service done at Lexus in Thousand Oaks, and the dealer stripped,, that is ,,, cross threaded her oil drain plug.
They refused to make good on it,, and armed with a paper trail,, we hit the Small Claims court.
The dealer show'd up to fight it and lost.
Anyway,,, the new Toyota products have a cool threaded insert/or a small sub pan,, so if the drain plug gets cross threaded,, ya can replace the threaded insert and drainplug or the cool sub pan in a few minutes.
We get the S2000 service'd at the Honda dealer because the service writer owns a local bar that we go to,, he comp's most our maint.
Do you get your service done at the dealer?
Why or why not?

Zaairman
01-22-2007, 01:03 PM
Hell no. Costs too much. I only take it there when necessary. So far, it's only been for the blend door replacement ($30 part, $500 worth of labor), get new keys made (only came with one), and for the cruise control recall to be fixed. Also, I enjoy working on my truck, mainly cause it never breaks, and I enjoy the learning experience.

squirt'nmyload
01-22-2007, 01:07 PM
we get our service done at the gmc dealer, most of the work is warranty.......i don't mind going there for oil changes cause it gives me a chance to kick tires on new models, and our service advisor is a good guy so i like to give them my business.

ChumpChange
01-22-2007, 01:09 PM
With the Accord and Silverado, I handle all the maintenance myself.
With the Porsche, won't touch the thing and it would probably go to the dealer although nothing has needed maintenance.:D

Jbb
01-22-2007, 01:12 PM
Brown services himself........................:D

rrrr
01-22-2007, 01:21 PM
Anyway,,, the new Toyota products have a cool threaded insert,, so if the drain plug gets cross threaded,, ya can replace the threaded insert and drainplug.
What happens if they cross thread the insert? :D :D
A few years ago my wife took her Accord in to the dealer for periodic maint. and had the oil changed. A couple of days later I walked through the garage while she was gone, saw oil spots on the floor.
Hondas don't leak......soon as she got home I checked the plug, it was three or four turns loose. Of course you know if it had come out the dealer would have fought tooth and nail trying to avoid responsibility......:rolleyes:

Big Warlock
01-22-2007, 01:28 PM
You can't beat Jiffy Lube and the other "quick oil" change places. I don't think you can do it yourself for what they charge? :)

Riverless
01-22-2007, 01:48 PM
As a woman I always go to my Honda dealer for oil changes, trans fluid changes, basic stuff. I have been so happy with their service. The service dept customer service is top notch. Very polite, never have to wait very long and they are happy to give me a ride to work. They even serve cookies and coffee. :D Yes, sometimes they try to sell me service packages, but my bf has taught me that I don't need half that stuff done to the car, so I just ask for the essential stuff and he takes care of the rest as stuff comes up. Like brake replacement, windshield wiper replacements, spark plugs, that kind of stuff. I am lucky that he is able to do that stuff for me, otherwise I might end up spending a lot more money.

HocusPocus
01-22-2007, 01:53 PM
i have had my truck serviced every 3000 miles at the dealer i bought it from. oil changes are free and they normally get me out the door in 30-45 minutes.

mrs.rvrluvr
01-22-2007, 01:58 PM
get the caddy serviced at the dealer(free part of the purchase deal:) ) but hubby services his own truck.

ratso
01-22-2007, 01:58 PM
Almost everything is done at the dealer. It isn't worth my time to do my own oil changes etc for what they charge. I do like to install my own accessories though, lift kits, stereo systems (I have a guy here that does them) add ons, things like that.

shadow
01-22-2007, 01:59 PM
From a Ford Tech at a dealers stand i love it when customers want to work on thier own vehicles or try to save a buck and use Jiffy lube.
Maybe most are not as handy as this ***boat crowd and more power to you guys that handle the maint themselves.I don't normally do the maint at the Dealer here,but do the majority of engine repairs.
Some of the do it yourselfer's just help to keep me busy.
Not to mention some come in when they need major engine repairs with
a aftermarket warranty and have no maint records and get blown out the door.
I have a Navigator that needs an engine right now and customer "says" he did all his own maint.Warranty company wants to see his maint reciepts/records.He will be lucky if they give him any help,Only a 5k repair.:eek:

Kachina26
01-22-2007, 02:58 PM
You can't beat Jiffy Lube and the other "quick oil" change places. I don't think you can do it yourself for what they charge? :)
Yeah, that's what I want, some 18 year old kid learning how to work on cars at my expense. I saw more than one car with an empty crankcase get fired up when I was working at one of those shops in my youth.
From a Ford Tech at a dealers stand i love it when customers want to work on thier own vehicles or try to save a buck and use Jiffy lube.
Maybe most are not as handy as this ***boat crowd and more power to you guys that handle the maint themselves.I don't normally do the maint at the Dealer here,but do the majority of engine repairs.
I have a Navigator that needs an engine right now and customer "says" he did all his own maint.Warranty company wants to see his maint reciepts/records.He will be lucky if they give him any help,Only a 5k repair.:eek:
As a former GM dealer tech of 14 years, I gotta agree. J lube, DIYers and "somewhere cheaper" were always a good source of business. Lets put it this way, my non GM vehicles go to the dealer for repair. Because I can't do the work? No, becuase they know the best way to do the job (usually, there are hackers out there), and can do it properly. Why am I gonna fight with some pos all day?

RitcheyRch
01-22-2007, 04:24 PM
Only take my vehicles to the dealer when the service will be covered under warranty. All maintenance done at my buddies shop now.

OutCole'd
01-22-2007, 04:26 PM
Until now, getting to a dealer has been a pain in the ass. They just built a brand new store a mile from work. I hope the service depatment there is worth a shit.

Jyruiz
01-22-2007, 04:31 PM
Only for warranty work. I go to the Firestone by my work, they know me there and have always taken good care of our vehicles.

Trailer Park Casanova
01-22-2007, 04:48 PM
Yeah, that's what I want, some 18 year old kid learning how to work on cars at my expense. I saw more than one car with an empty crankcase get fired up when I was working at one of those shops in my youth.
As a former GM dealer tech of 14 years, I gotta agree. J lube, DIYers and "somewhere cheaper" were always a good source of business. Lets put it this way, my non GM vehicles go to the dealer for repair. Because I can't do the work? No, becuase they know the best way to do the job (usually, there are hackers out there), and can do it properly. Why am I gonna fight with some pos all day?
I'm with you guys on that.
I get all my big repairs done at the dealer,,,, but a car or truck line that is failing,, usually won't have good tech's.
The good techs have jumped ship for a better line of cars or trucks.
My friends with the hard starting 2500HD were having fits trying to figure out the problem.
They changed fuel pres regulators, on and on. Still had the problem throwing good money after bad at the headache.
I took the truck to the dealer and they had seen the problem:
A bad check valve in the fuel pump,, fixed it in a few hours, and GM even picked up the cost outta warranty.
My friends went through hell chasing and parts changing to try and find the solution.
Their are good reasons to go to the dealer.
But a line like Oldsmobile,, and a few others that were fading away,, one can get bonned deluxe.
The good help left town for greener pastures.

Todd969
01-22-2007, 05:00 PM
That's why I have YOU! Thanks for all you've done to keep our cars serviced properly:)

Wheeler
01-22-2007, 05:01 PM
I took my van into "Jiffy Lube" for it's first oil change, the tech tried to talk me into a differential lube change!
Jiffy Lube Sucks!

shadow
01-22-2007, 05:03 PM
Problem is they can't afford any qualified Tech's for what they charge either.
It's like a crap shoot if the guy working on your car just got fired from the Jiffy lube or tire store around the corner.
We go throught the quick stop/tire store rejects quick and only a few will make it and usualy takes up to a few years at a dealer before they ever do anything but change oil/fuel filters & tires.
The rest go back to Jiffy lubes and places like that to change oil and work on the cars of the people looking to save a buck.

shadow
01-22-2007, 05:04 PM
That's why I have YOU! Thanks for all you've done to keep our cars serviced properly:)
You got it !!!;)

BadKachina
01-22-2007, 05:11 PM
Just the wifes car. Infinity gives a loaner Infinity as long as you make an appointment. They also wash and vacuum the car when it's returned. I change my own oil on all my other vehicles.

Trailer Park Casanova
01-22-2007, 05:25 PM
When I ink'd a retiement date, I wanted to be a Mini coooper mechanic.
A new fresh make, no big headaches have surfaced with the line ect.
BMW was cool and wrote me a nice letter explaining they wanted to keep it non-specialized beyond their BMW mechanics doing double duty and repair maintain mini's too.
Too deep a second career for this kid.
Changing head gaskets on M6's just doesn't seem as cool.
So I'll have to settle for driving the courtesy shuttle for Ziggy instead.

2Driver
01-22-2007, 06:04 PM
Right Toyota. Never hits all the zirks on a Lube. Sent it back in and the guy still missed 3 of them, send it back in again before I leave the lot.
Van Chevy, Lube and Oil. Guy leaves the cover off the air cleaner and I find it 2 months later :mad:
Today Van Chevy blames the pulsating hum and vibration from the front end of my new Crew Cab on the stock size tires. I change tires thanks to discount tire....Gee guess what, you got it, same pulsating hum and vibration. To top it off the $hit head takes a cavalier attitude on me. Tomorrow is going to be a bad day for him
Losers all of them

76ANTHONY
01-22-2007, 06:35 PM
well, heres my opinion, or .02. i was a service advisor for a couple brands in the last ten years, no more of that for me, but i do my own oil changes and i buy my parts from the dealership, then i keep the reciepts. as far as 15000 30000 or 60000 mile services, i let the dealer do those and i'll tell you why, they know what the hell they are looking for, jiffy lube is looking for a extra dollar and so is all these quicky lube shops and they have no clue what a tech 2 is or what a check engine light is for..so dealer for all kinds of maint and i do my own oil changes with dealer parts....im not a HEY IF ITS FREE I'LL GO TO THE DEALERSHIP kinda guy....but to each his own

dumbandyoung
01-22-2007, 06:46 PM
do i use the dealer.. HELL NO.. not at $125 an oil change.. i do it myself for about 50 bucks. besides.. changing oil on the ford is so easy. the filter is on the top.

Baja Big Dog
01-22-2007, 06:54 PM
Holy crap folks...its an oil change, not sure the dealer will be doing many moon landings!!!
Its called Wal-Mart...15 bucks and down the road you go.
\
Dealers well known for creating more problems than they solve!!!:)

riverroyal
01-22-2007, 07:20 PM
Right Toyota. Never hits all the zirks on a Lube. Sent it back in and the guy still missed 3 of them, send it back in again before I leave the lot.
Van Chevy, Lube and Oil. Guy leaves the cover off the air cleaner and I find it 2 months later :mad:
Today Van Chevy blames the pulsating hum and vibration from the front end of my new Crew Cab on the stock size tires. I change tires thanks to discount tire....Gee guess what, you got it, same pulsating hum and vibration. To top it off the $hit head takes a cavalier attitude on me. Tomorrow is going to be a bad day for him
Losers all of them
sweeet

dumbandyoung
01-22-2007, 07:23 PM
Holy crap folks...its an oil change, not sure the dealer will be doing many moon landings!!!
\
$15..WTF?!? no way tuff guy
not when you drive a diesel..$15 wont eveb pay for the filter.

Kachina26
01-22-2007, 07:27 PM
like......................................?

Todd969
01-22-2007, 07:58 PM
like......................................?
Let it go Randy, that guy is the KING of 20 F'n questions.

Flyinbowtie
01-22-2007, 08:26 PM
My '97 F-350 CC 4x4 dually PSD has been to the dealer 3 times since I bought it new.
Once was a dead A/C at about 14k.
Once was a bad glow plug.
Once was for a weird nosie from the trans at 17k, turned out to just be the EBP valve working, but Ford didn't know what the hell it was. I found out on the net.
Oil changes are done at a local lube serivce, they use Delo-400 and Fleetguard filters and I have every damn recpt. since the first oil change at 1k miles.The problem never was doing it myself, it was getting rid of 3.5 gallons of oil afterwards.
Best buddy owns a trans shop, everything else gets done there, including the new trans and upgrades at 48k when the converter let go. Under miles but over 5 years, so no warranty. just getting rweady to do the hoses and fill it with Caterpillar 300k coolant. When I go in to buy fuel filters at Ford the Service manager always tries to buy it from me. It just turned 77k.:D
It ain't for sale. Ford has yet to build it's equal, in my very humble opinion.

JAY4SPEED
01-22-2007, 09:15 PM
At my dealership we accept competitor's coupons also. Our pricing is competitive with the "quicky" oil change places. We tend to take a little longer than the quick places because we inspect a lot more stuff than they do and we know what common issues to look for on every vehicle line we sell. Would you rather take your car to someone who knows a little about every car or someone who a lot about a few vehicle lines, the same models they see day in and day out?
To answer the question, I do my own maintenance at the dealership :D
Jay

Zaairman
01-22-2007, 09:28 PM
My '97 F-350 CC 4x4 dually PSD has been to the dealer 3 times since I bought it new.
But but but... Ford never made a 1997 F-350 dually 4x4... :idea:

Trailer Park Casanova
01-22-2007, 09:32 PM
Once was a dead A/C at about 14k.
Once was a bad glow plug.
Once was for a weird nosie from the trans at 17k, turned out to just be the EBP valve working, but Ford didn't know what the hell it was. I found out on the net.
Oil changes are done at a local lube serivce, they use Delo-400 and Fleetguard filters and I have every damn recpt. since the first oil change at 1k miles.The problem never was doing it myself, it was getting rid of 3.5 gallons of oil afterwards.
Best buddy owns a trans shop, everything else gets done there, including the new trans and upgrades at 48k when the converter let go. Under miles but over 5 years, so no warranty. just getting rweady to do the hoses and fill it with Caterpillar 300k coolant. When I go in to buy fuel filters at Ford the Service manager always tries to buy it from me. It just turned 77k.:D
It ain't for sale. Ford has yet to build it's equal, in my very humble opinion.
We had almost 700 of them in our fleet, and they were teriffic.
Nice to drive too, comfortable.

jbone
01-22-2007, 10:01 PM
I say the only reason to go to the dealer is warranty work.
As far as the 30/60/90 services go. With the dealer you get a receipt that say everything got taken care of. Did it really though. Talk to a mechanic and they will tell you (if honest) they only do half the stuff listed. There are a lot of things listed that would be hard to verify. In many cases, that stuff is not getting done. (Brake fluid flush is an example)
I have different shops I use for different things. I have a great brake/suspension shop, a general auto repair shop, and an electrical shop. These places routinely come in for half the cost of the dealer and do better more thorough work.
Basically, I try to avoid the dealer at all cost.
J

Flyinbowtie
01-22-2007, 10:12 PM
But but but... Ford never made a 1997 F-350 dually 4x4... :idea:
You are correct, sir.;)
I bought a brand new srw truck, and used an Arrowcraft dually conversion kit to get what I wanted. I am quite happy with it, much more stable with the Arctic Fox Camper than it was as a srw.
I believe that '96 was the last year for the factory long-bed cc 4x4 diesel dually.

PHX ATC
01-23-2007, 06:21 AM
Lexus - dealer for everything (nothing but oil changes so far).
Mercedes - dealer for everything (nothing so far and it's a lease, so why bother going anywhere else)
Dodge truck - dealer for oil changes as it only gets driven about 6K a year.
They are all in the warranty period, so I take them to the dealer for services.

Baja Big Dog
01-23-2007, 08:01 AM
$15..WTF?!? no way tuff guy
not when you drive a diesel..$15 wont eveb pay for the filter.
In referance to diesels you are correct, if you read the posts previous most conversation was directed to gas cars, honda, mini's, toyota etc... again, its called wal-mart...15 bucks.
$15 will buy almost two filters for my 7.3 (7039 Baldwin) and 4 gallons of oil (15-40 Chevon RPM) at 6-7 bucks a gallon, less than 15 minutes of time and your down the road for less than 35 bucks.
Not a tuff guy, just a smart guy!!!!

dumbandyoung
01-23-2007, 09:54 AM
i know.. i dont think anyone on here is a tuff guy. i just tried to come up with a quick name:D
anyone feel like donuts?

CBadDad
01-23-2007, 10:54 AM
This is why I never use a dealer. This poor saps vehicle is 10-7 because it is a piece of crap and should be repaired by the dealer but they won't because they found a loop hole so they don't have to.
I have an extended warrenty on my Excursion and the Cam Position Sensor went out a couple of months ago. Is was more time & cost efficient for me to run to the dealer and by one for $200 and replace it, then it was to deal with the assholes there and get it fixed like it should've been. I swear the stealership spends half of it's time selling you a warrenty and the other half of there time trying to justify why your vehicles problem isn't covered...
I was going thru my girlfriends service paperwork for her Corvette (she does it all at the dealer). $170 for an oil change!!! I don't think so. They charged her $30 to adjust her heads up display when she asked how to do it. That is criminal...it's a friggin up/down button on the dash.
I could go on, but I think you get the idea.
\
Me too. The O'side Walmart has a bunch of Marine Motor T guys working nights and weekends to pick up some extra cash. Never had a problem.

shadow
01-23-2007, 11:09 AM
This is why I never use a dealer. This poor saps vehicle is 10-7 because it is a piece of crap and should be repaired by the dealer but they won't because they found a loop hole so they don't have to.
I have an extended warrenty on my Excursion and the Cam Position Sensor went out a couple of months ago. Is was more time & cost efficient for me to run to the dealer and by one for $200 and replace it, then it was to deal with the assholes there and get it fixed like it should've been. I swear the stealership spends half of it's time selling you a warrenty and the other half of there time trying to justify why your vehicles problem isn't covered...
I was going thru my girlfriends service paperwork for her Corvette (she does it all at the dealer). $170 for an oil change!!! I don't think so. They charged her $30 to adjust her heads up display when she asked how to do it. That is criminal...it's a friggin up/down button on the dash.
Me too. The O'side Walmart has a bunch of Marine Motor T guys working nights and weekends to pick up some extra cash. Never had a problem.
Incase you didn't notice i was referring to a aftermarket warranty that was blowing the cutomer out.
If it's a factory warranty we can and do pretty much cover anything and sometime go over and above and cover customers that neglect changing thier oil,or continue driving in the middle of summer while thier vehicle is overheating to the point of engine failure.We cover alot of owner abuse and neglect.But since all dealers are ripoffs and don't know what they are doing
next time your excursion takes a shit in Havasu be sure and ask for me so i can give you directions to walmart.
I can't count how many folks from ***boat i've either fixed or expidited matters for so they could get back on the road.
Not to mention all the folks who dropped thier keys in the lake and need a key cut and programmed on a Sat.

Not So Fast
01-23-2007, 11:18 AM
I think its a case by case scenario. I've had good experiences and bad, its all about which you personally had so to lump all of anything into one big catagory is not the correct way to think IMO. NSF

shadow
01-23-2007, 11:22 AM
I think its a case by case scenario. I've had good experiences and bad, its all about which you personally had so to lump all of anything into one big catagory is not the correct way to think IMO. NSF
Thats a fact!!

CBadDad
01-23-2007, 11:55 AM
Incase you didn't notice i was referring to a aftermarket warranty that was blowing the cutomer out.
If it's a factory warranty we can and do pretty much cover anything and sometime go over and above and cover customers that neglect changing thier oil,or continue driving in the middle of summer while thier vehicle is overheating to the point of engine failure.We cover alot of owner abuse and neglect.But since all dealers are ripoffs and don't know what they are doing
next time your excursion takes a shit in Havasu be sure and ask for me so i can give you directions to walmart.
I can't count how many folks from ***boat i've either fixed or expidited matters for so they could get back on the road.
Not to mention all the folks who dropped thier keys in the lake and need a key cut and programmed on a Sat.
Now why you gettin' all butt hurt over my post? I never said anything 'bout you guys not knowing what you're doing. But you gotta admit that $170 for an oil change is a bit steep. As for needing your services in Havasu, well let's just hope that never happens.

JAY4SPEED
01-23-2007, 01:35 PM
This couldn't be further from the truth. I and anyone else that works for a dealership that I know, spend much of my (their) time fighting with GM to cover repairs on customers vehicles that are questionable, customer abuse, lack of maintenance etc. as stated in a post above. I get paid on COMISSION. Turning customers away, pushing work back out the door, and finding "loopholes" to turn down work just doesn't make me any money. I'd be shooting myself in the foot. Sorry, but your mistaken on that one.
You want, and can afford a quality sports car, you have to maintain it with quality maintenance materials. Corvettes spec is synthetic oil and a delco filter. Would you buy a Ferrari and use a Fram oil filter and .49 cent a quart non detergent mineral oil? This isn't a Cavalier we are talking about here....
You do realize that all of that info on adjusting the HUD is in your glove compartment in the owners manual and better yet, its FREE? I'd agree with you that if she was a regular customer and had the vehicle maintained and had service work done at the dealership that they should have done this for free.The problem is, most people don't take the initiative and want to be bothered with doing things like reading owners manuals and learning how their own car's features work.
That is criminal...it's a friggin up/down button on the dash.
Please do go on, I can rebutt with 100's of stories where I fix, adjust and repair customer's cars for free. I get pulled from working on a job where I'm making money to educate customers on their vehicles for free all the time. My time is money and I give a lot of it away for free just to keep a customer satisfied.
Lumping all dealerships into one category is ridiculous. You need to realize that Dealerships are franchises. Not all dealerships are run exactly the same. But effectivly what your saying about "stealerships" is that they do things that are "criminal" and we overcharge. Thats like saying that the price of apples at the supermarket is way too high and all supermarkets are out to f*ck you over. Would you really stop going to supermarkets because of the high price of apples or would you find another supermarket to go to?
My advice to you is the same as I've said on this forum time and time again. YOU need to perform due dillance on who you bring your vehicle to. If your not happy with your dealer and can't resolve the issue, take it to their compeditor. Build a relationship between you and your service department and an individual technician that you trust if you can. Like I said before, I spend a lot of time explaining repairs to customers so that they understand exactly what I did to repair their vehicle and answer any questions they have. Good or bad, I tell them the truth. They trust me so they come back and ask for me specifiacally to work on their car, I get a lot of repeat business. You won't find any of my customers saying anything bad about me on the internet.
Jay

Kachina26
01-23-2007, 03:53 PM
But you gotta admit that $170 for an oil change is a bit steep.Oil change? Or a 15k service which might include a tire balance and maybe a few other services? Perhaps Mobil 1 synthetic oil? That adds to the cost. The vette motor uses a regular filter, $8-$10 at dealer price, 5 quarts oil and maybe .3-.5 labor at $80 an hour or so. $170 is an oil change plus something. Used to crack me up when people put out $50k plus for their rig and cried about how much it cost to keep it up.

shadow
01-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Used to crack me up when people put out $50k plus for their rig and cried about how much it cost to keep it up.
Thats a fact!! And usually the first to cry that they are a great customer when in need of a favor but don't have any maint records with the Dealer but they are trying to get
the Dealer to cover something at 3yrs1 month/ 36.5k miles all of a sudden when the warranty just ran out.:rolleyes:
Sorry Jack you didn't do any maint with the dealer ---->>>> Maybe the kid at jiffy lube can give a shot at fixing the stripped out drain plug.:messedup: (a couple times) before they wind up back at the Dealer to get the oil pan replaced and fixed "right" once and for all.

Zaairman
01-24-2007, 11:25 AM
You are correct, sir.;)
I bought a brand new srw truck, and used an Arrowcraft dually conversion kit to get what I wanted. I am quite happy with it, much more stable with the Arctic Fox Camper than it was as a srw.
I believe that '96 was the last year for the factory long-bed cc 4x4 diesel dually.
Mmmm I hate you. I want your truck. Especially with such LOW mileage. And the first year for a factory Ford F-350 CC LB Dually 4x4 is 1999. Anything before then is a conversion. I'm having a hard enough time finding a lower mileage 7.3 that the owner doesn't want an arm and a leg for.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-24-2007, 11:41 AM
Husband does oil changes himself on the F150 but we take the F350 diesel to the dealer. Just made an appointment for tomorrow, as a matter of fact.
If we were worried about paying $150 for an oil change and service, we would not have bought the truck.
:D

Pussywhippled
01-24-2007, 12:04 PM
I'm not reading all of these posts, so if has already been mentioned oh well...
My wife told me that Lake Chevrolet in Elsinore has a special for oil changes.
Her Tahoe she would pay $49.95 for an oil change and the next 2 are free.
My Duramax I would pay $107 (or close, I forget) and the next 2 are free.
Hard to beat that deal if it's true...

Kachina26
01-29-2007, 08:49 AM
You ever notice that nobody ever starts a thread entitled " any Pepboys mechanics here?". Or, "anybody work at the corner garage?". Nope, it's always "Any GM,Ford,Dodge techs here?". Yeah, the dealers are all ripoffs until real advice is needed :rolleyes:

OutCole'd
01-29-2007, 08:51 AM
My D Max is in the shop today. Injectors (again). Plus the normal service stuff.

HALLETT BOY
01-29-2007, 09:09 AM
You ever notice that nobody ever starts a thread entitled " any Pepboys mechanics here?". Or, "anybody work at the corner garage?". Nope, it's always "Any GM,Ford,Dodge techs here?". Yeah, the dealers are all ripoffs until real advice is needed :rolleyes:
Amen to that !!!

Trailer Park Casanova
01-29-2007, 09:12 AM
Very good take.
-Pepboys:D :D :D
My friend Darryl has a Auto repair shop in Thousand Oaks.
He says a good chunk of his business is/was Sears Auto center and Pep Boys screw ups.
They'll pay what ever he asks. Great horror stories.
The new car dealers service depts won't touch "PepBoys Flips" as he calls them.
My truck isn't anything to brag about, but I keep it all GM.