PDA

View Full Version : Just a curious question about design

bigq
01-22-2007, 08:13 PM
On the 28 Stealth and the new 26 you designed them with built in swim platform. On the 24 stealth and the 23 deck you have bolt on swim steps. So I am just curious what drives the design of that. The size of the boat, the desired look or do you research by using groups of people and getting input on different layouts?

dumbandyoung
01-22-2007, 08:23 PM
thats a personal question. I dont think john would be happy answering that one bit! :D
jk..
tell us!

bigq
01-22-2007, 08:45 PM
Shouldn't you be clearing room in your garage for that Reapers boat;)

ULTRA28
01-22-2007, 09:44 PM
On the 28 Stealth and the new 26 you designed them with built in swim platform. On the 24 stealth and the 23 deck you have bolt on swim steps. So I am just curious what drives the design of that. The size of the boat, the desired look or do you research by using groups of people and getting input on different layouts?
I feel out what the market is looking for at the time. The 24 would have been more like a 26 if we built the step into the mold and a the time I was really looking to just come out with a full sized 24 with rear facing seats and a mid-cabin. I wanted something that nobody else had at the time and it worked out great for us. It also allows us the ability to do one with outboard power if someone would like. I really liked the success we had with the 21 Stealth and the 24 just fell right into place as the 21s big brother.
The 23 Deck was done without a step for several reasons. One being the ability to do an outboard version. Another was that the gimbal would be so high that we would not be able to cover it with a swim step without it looking odd. We could have done it the way we did on the 22 Stealth, but that would have eliminated the ability to do twin outboards.
On the 26 Deck I specifically didn't want a built in step so we could offer a twin outboard model.
Thanks for the questions. I hope that answered them.

bigq
01-24-2007, 11:20 AM
ah yes the outboards. I always forget about those whackers. Makes sense. I am thinking like a guy with kids so outboards don't come to mind.
Thanks

Mandelon
01-26-2007, 02:58 PM
Aaah, but.....how many have you sold with eggbeaters on the back???? Was your choice the right one?