PDA

View Full Version : Ziggy: Service Writers, What's their % of the $$ rake?

Trailer Park Casanova
01-22-2007, 09:23 PM
What % of the $$ of service order does the Service writer get?

shockwaveharry
01-22-2007, 09:32 PM
What % of the $$ of service order does the Service writer get?
Depends on where you go and how busy the shop is... Generally, I've seen offers of 8% on labor, no parts. That seems to be the way the tide is turning. The more labor that goes through the shop, the less percentage they will want to pay. CRI/SES scores can play a HUGE roll in some dealerships as well. I've come to figure out that they don't want to pay us much over 120k a year, regardless. In other words, if advisors start making $X++ a month, you can bet the pay scale will change, for a variety of reasons. My experience is limited to a very busy dealership though...

IN2-IN2MX
01-22-2007, 09:41 PM
Mike's here with me. He says old school rule of thumb was 5% of everything you wrote. Now CSI is a huge factor. Ok, he's asleep again...that's all I got. :D

dicudmore
01-22-2007, 10:12 PM
Mike's here with me. He says old school rule of thumb was 5% of everything you wrote. Now CSI is a huge factor. Ok, he's asleep again...that's all I got. :D
yeah what she said...used to be pretty much 5% across the board, parts and labor...now throw CSI in there, and what a lot of them have done is if you're CSI scores aren't where they want then its a lesser %...or, its 3.5% with a "bonus" that might get you back to 5 :rolleyes: Its not an easy way to get rich, thats for sure...lot of hours--everybody you talk to is pissed off at you--nobody is there because they want to be--people forget that you are trying to help them, and that most likely you didn't build the car, nor sell it to them, but I seem to remember being accused of both over the years :eek: :rolleyes: All the Auto-Nation etc type "mega-stores" have come in and implemented their corporate pay plans, that are brilliantly written in the stores favor and a lot of advisors haven't figured that out yet...all I know is you have to work a lot harder and kiss a lot more ass, to make a lot less money than you did 5 years ago. Lot of stores out there its damn near impossible to make over 4K a month anymore--12 hours/6 days a week...no thanks.

Ziggy
01-22-2007, 11:06 PM
5% of P&L. Bonuses for hitting certain sales goals. Pretty much what others have said. Lots of variations to come up with the same thing in essence.
The big Mega stores like the Auto Nation's and others paid huge prices for some of the stores so they monitor very closley and adjust. They need a ROI.

shockwaveharry
01-22-2007, 11:16 PM
I would never work for an Auto Nation type, or even Penske. At least not in the service department anyway, tech or advisor... The writing is on the wall. The Gravy Days are gone forever. It's a decent living but a hard one too. Warranty is tightening it's belt and C/P sucks because no one wants to take their cars to the dealer if they have to pay... There is even a thread about that!
It'd be sweet if I ever got paid on parts too!

Kachina26
01-22-2007, 11:34 PM
The Gravy Days are gone forever. It's a decent living but a hard one too. Warranty is tightening it's belt and C/P sucks because no one wants to take their cars to the dealer if they have to pay... There is even a thread about that!
Boy you said a mouthful! Glad I got out when I did. It doesn't sound like it's gotten any better when I talk to the fellas back at the shop.

76ANTHONY
01-23-2007, 05:29 AM
I would never work for an Auto Nation type, or even Penske. At least not in the service department anyway, tech or advisor... The writing is on the wall. The Gravy Days are gone forever. It's a decent living but a hard one too. Warranty is tightening it's belt and C/P sucks because no one wants to take their cars to the dealer if they have to pay... There is even a thread about that!
It'd be sweet if I ever got paid on parts too!
YES THEY ARE, THATS WHY IM OUT OF IT, but the best place i ever worked for was hyundai, they paid 6% across the board, so 6% of the 120000 i wrote wasent too bad, but that money is gone, now its about 5 g's a month and you really gotta work at it

Kachina26
01-23-2007, 04:07 PM
YES THEY ARE, THATS WHY IM OUT OF IT, but the best place i ever worked for was hyundai, they paid 6% across the board, so 6% of the 120000 i wrote wasent too bad, but that money is gone, now its about 5 g's a month and you really gotta work at itOh come on, those hyundai customers are plenty willing to spend money......:)

Trailer Park Casanova
01-23-2007, 04:11 PM
Jay Leno had a friend on his show with one work ticket written up by the Laborghini dealer that was $136.000.
His friend had drifted into a curb on Coldwater Canyon Bl.