PDA

View Full Version : Beer Help!!!!

desertbird
01-23-2007, 09:56 AM
I'm having a Superbowl Party, and am planning to get a keg. The problem is the finicky drinkers that will be attending.
Some are Coors Light
Some are Bud Light
Some are Miller Light
and each turn their noses at the other, unless it's the last thing in the Ice Chest.
What's a QUALITY, "light" beer or Lager that's a compromise, tastes good and all could enjoy?
Amstel Light?
Bitburger?
Stella?
I don't want a keg of junk (Coors Light) but I also don't want a full keg at the end of the party. I've been happy with Rolling Rock out of a keg before, but sometimes even the Rock is an aquired taste.
How bout some recommendations or succuss stories? :idea:
Thanks!

NOTALENT
01-23-2007, 09:58 AM
Get a keg of Fat Tire! Its the best!

little rowe boat
01-23-2007, 10:00 AM
How about some Heffenweisen.

Mandelon
01-23-2007, 10:00 AM
Doesn't everyone like an amber lager out of a keg? Karl Strauss.....MmmMmm Good.
www.beerking.com

h2oski2fast
01-23-2007, 10:02 AM
Sierra Nevada

Silver
01-23-2007, 10:04 AM
Get a keg of Fat Tire! Its the best!
FAT TIRE IS GREAT!!!!!!
I think it would be a good time to introduce something new. And seriously :idea: if someone has a problem with it..........they should bring their own beer!

abraman1326
01-23-2007, 10:15 AM
You may also try Micellob Ultra. I'm a CL drinker, but the Ultra is pretty good as well.
BRA

Ryphraph
01-23-2007, 10:18 AM
Stone Levitation is a good lighter beer...
Ryph

OKIE-JET
01-23-2007, 10:19 AM
Natty Light Baby!!!!:d

ratso
01-23-2007, 10:24 AM
FAT TIRE IS GREAT!!!!!!
I think it would be a good time to introduce something new. And seriously :idea: if someone has a problem with it..........they should bring their own beer!
You beat me to it... Maybe also have set-ups for the ones that bring their own liquor.

RiverToysJas
01-23-2007, 10:27 AM
Get what you like, let the snooty guests get their free beer somewhere else if they don't like it! ;)
RTJas :D

Devilman
01-23-2007, 10:31 AM
Natty Light Baby!!!!:d
LMAO, they put Neutral in kegs?

wright27
01-23-2007, 10:36 AM
I'm having a Superbowl Party, and am planning to get a keg. The problem is the finicky drinkers that will be attending.
Some are Coors Light
Some are Bud Light
Some are Miller Light
and each turn their noses at the other, unless it's the last thing in the Ice Chest.
What's a QUALITY, "light" beer or Lager that's a compromise, tastes good and all could enjoy?
Amstel Light?
Bitburger?
Stella?
I don't want a keg of junk (Coors Light) but I also don't want a full keg at the end of the party. I've been happy with Rolling Rock out of a keg before, but sometimes even the Rock is an aquired taste.
Thanks!
You will not be able to please everyone. I say get what you like, don't tell anyone what it is. If they don't drink it you have more for yourself.:)

Ryphraph
01-23-2007, 11:03 AM
If you have a BJ's near by, a keg of their Blonde would probably go over well with light beer drinkers.
Ryph

Racey
01-23-2007, 11:43 AM
High Life, or Pabst Blue Ribbon. the only kegs to get

EAZYKILLER2006
01-23-2007, 12:08 PM
Some are Coors Light
Some are Bud Light
Some are Miller Light
Amstel Light?
Bitburger?
Stella?
Thanks!
i like miller!~~~ hate coors (does coors even count as beer?)but i will drink bud...i think bud is universal...:) JMO ~all lite of course

kindsvatercurt
01-23-2007, 12:16 PM
get a keg of carlsbad chronic from pizza port. by far the best beer you have ever had oceanside ale works is also good. but a keg of chronic is even cheaper than any heff. etc... but you have to order 1 week in advance. pizza port in encinitas off coast hwy. or carlsbad off carlsbad village drv.

78Eliminator
01-23-2007, 12:20 PM
Sierra Nevada
What he said.

wright27
01-23-2007, 01:08 PM
i like miller!~~~ hate coors (does coors even count as beer?)but i will drink bud...i think bud is universal...:) JMO ~all lite of course
Yes it does! From all my light beer investigating Coors Light has the highest alcohol content of all light beers.:D

abraman1326
01-23-2007, 01:13 PM
Get what you like, let the snooty guests get their free beer somewhere else if they don't like it! ;)
RTJas :D
I also agree w/ this one. Beggers can't be choosers...
BRA

THEPISTONHEAD
01-23-2007, 01:16 PM
Around here Miller Light is the all around nuetral beer.

dumbandyoung
01-23-2007, 01:19 PM
DUDE!!! What kinda friends complain about free beer... i say by them all strawberry dacaries or pabst blue ribbon..im sure what ever u buy wil be fine
out of the 3 u said ...go with the stella!!

bunny 166
01-23-2007, 01:20 PM
How about some Heffenweisen.
I think Hefeweisen is a good choice....light enough for the light drinkers and some body for the non-light beer drinkers....:) But, if you're buying, they should just drink it and be quiet!:)

JAY4SPEED
01-23-2007, 01:45 PM
By the threads title I thought you need help drinking beer....not picking it out.
Hey the best tasting beer is free beer!
I remember the last time I was in San Diego, I liked Yellow Tail a lot.
Jay

Dan Lorenze
01-23-2007, 01:58 PM
Motobrew..

OCMerrill
01-23-2007, 02:58 PM
Amstel Light? - Hard to go wrong here.
I also like the idea of a wheat beer. Before you run out a buy a keg of it check about running it through your tapper first. I have herd some stories of that stuff staying pissed off for weeks after moving the keg around.
There is nothing worse than a pissed off keg when your in the mood to drink beer. Constantly dicking with co2 pressure, etc.
Lastly...its free. Place a sign on the tap handle that says no whiners may drink. You wont hear a single complaint. I don't know anyone who wants the party "Whiner" label.

LHC30Victory
01-23-2007, 03:11 PM
We found in Mimi's kegerator - er, I mean wine and champagne chiller - that Michelob works well and the draft taste is only a litte heavier than the lite beers but tastes much better. I also agree with Fat Tire, a good Hef, Mudsharks Full Moon and the others, but that is not your question, now is it?

LAND_LOVER69
01-23-2007, 03:44 PM
I'm kind of a fan of Yuengling lager on tap myself. Just my .02 :)

Old Texan
01-23-2007, 03:50 PM
Budwieser pruducts= Hangover with headache. It's brewed with the urine of large horses........

Sleek-Jet
01-23-2007, 03:56 PM
BYOB...
I've got Miller lite in my fridge... don't like it?? Bring your own... :D

Caribbean Jet
01-23-2007, 04:23 PM
BYOB...
I've got Miller lite in my fridge... don't like it?? Bring your own... :D
I agree, BYOB or I got Bud Light.
If you're going to get a Keg get a Keg of Karl Strauss.

OCMerrill
01-23-2007, 04:55 PM
Budweiser products= Hangover with headache. It's brewed with the urine of large horses........
The reason this is headache beer....RICE is used in the wort. Cheaper to extract the alcohol than other normal ingredients like say whey which costs more $$.
So you get a Saki type headache over consuming Bud. Bud light however is a different recipe all together and doesn't use as much rice.
How do I know - John Ratsenburger's made in America. They did a real nice piece on Bud.

a catered life
01-24-2007, 07:05 AM
:yuk: Sierra Nevada

catman-do
01-24-2007, 09:02 AM
Im a coorslight drinker, but when it comes down to it i will drink whatever is there. Who gives a flying fock what your friends want, your buying. Get what you want and they can deal with it.
BTW Fat Tire, and Karl Strauss are both very good beers also. But they do have a different taste. I also like Great White

Riomouse911
01-24-2007, 07:07 PM
Try something different like Asahi or Sapporo... then tell them "A-Fruck-you!" if they dont like it...

GunninGopher
01-24-2007, 07:47 PM
First, I always get the keg that I want (Miller Lite or Yellowtail).
If they don't like free beer, wine or cocktails (which I always provide) they can bring whatever they want to drink.
If you are going for a neutral lite beer. I'm hearing great things about Heiniken Lite.
Otherwise, Michelob Ultra is really lite and doesn't taste pissy like Coors Lite.