PDA

View Full Version : How do you tell someone they smell?

OGShocker
01-23-2007, 10:33 AM
A friend of mine needs to talk to a co-worker about their horrendous body odor. They drew the short straw in the office and are having a real tough time figuring out the best way to approach this.
I told him I only handle the radio issues at my place. :eek:
This just sux for him, he sure could use some advice.:idea:
OGS

Mrs.Racer277
01-23-2007, 10:35 AM
OK LMAO about the Radio issues......We were just talking about that. LOL
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww not so sure.......give him a bar of soap and some deoterant???

DILLIGAF
01-23-2007, 10:36 AM
A direct approach over that kind of stuff is best....

AltarGirl
01-23-2007, 10:36 AM
How do you tell someone they smell?
I guess carefully, you wouldn't want to get too close

Mr. C
01-23-2007, 10:38 AM
be brutally honest.
Take a focking shower you stink, and so you know these aren't tears of joy.
JK

wright27
01-23-2007, 10:39 AM
Straight forward. I had to do the same in my office. I simply said your B.O. is very bad and you need to do something about it.:devil:

riverbound
01-23-2007, 10:39 AM
Exactly... I have had to have the same conversation with a few employees over the years.

ChumpChange
01-23-2007, 10:42 AM
I think Mark & Brian on KLOS will make the call for you. I've heard them do this for that same reason to somebody else.

HALLETT BOY
01-23-2007, 10:43 AM
The direct approach is best !

Jetaholic
01-23-2007, 10:47 AM
I don't think that works for women though...

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-23-2007, 10:48 AM
Leave some speed stick on his desk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope fully he doesnt make it slow down:D :D If he uses right guard and it turns left then he really has an issue:D:D

photo chick
01-23-2007, 10:49 AM
Politely suggest a perfume or cologne they should use!
Then tell them where to buy it....
Then hand them the money for it....
If they don't get the picture not only are they stinky but stupid as well.:jawdrop:

ChumpChange
01-23-2007, 10:52 AM
Why don't you post his number here on Hot Boat? We'll all call and tell him. That way, nobody at the office has to take the fall.:D

Liquid Courage
01-23-2007, 10:54 AM
Lean in close, sniff, then say, "Slider...You stink!":D :D

BigDoug
01-23-2007, 10:55 AM
Mark, im so glad you brought this up ................................................bu t we really need to talk !! :D

CBadDad
01-23-2007, 10:55 AM
Give him $5 and tell them to use it to buy some deoderant.

topless
01-23-2007, 10:56 AM
Why don't you post his number here on Hot Boat? We'll all call and tell him. That way, nobody at the office has to take the fall.:D
Now that's good advise. LMAO!!!:D

lucky
01-23-2007, 11:01 AM
Ammm-- fill his/her desk with Glade sticks ! then follow threw with a oder eaters, then randomly walk by and slap a P.h paper on his /her arm - look at them and go Hummm not working ..... :devil:

Jbb
01-23-2007, 11:05 AM
I could smell Brown right thru the damm computer....I just had to tell him.......Brown....you stink........fix it.....:mad:

OGShocker
01-23-2007, 11:27 AM
We all know how sensitive the folks here can be at times..:D
OK LMAO about the Radio issues......We were just talking about that. LOL
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww not so sure.......give him a bar of soap and some deoterant???
He didn't think bashing his buddy with an aluminum rod would go over to well with the boss...:D
Mark, im so glad you brought this up ................................................bu t we really need to talk !! :D We've had that talk and our boat no longer smells of diesel.;)

cxr133
01-23-2007, 11:31 AM
A friend of mine needs to talk to a co-worker about their horrendous body odor. They drew the short straw in the office and are having a real tough time figuring out the best way to approach this.
OGS
im guessing the very best way to approach it is a very nicely worded email from an anonymous yahoo or hotmail account

DILLIGAF
01-23-2007, 11:33 AM
Politely suggest a perfume or cologne they should use!
Then tell them where to buy it....
Then hand them the money for it....
If they don't get the picture not only are they stinky but stupid as well.:jawdrop:
Perfume and cologne literally make me high. I can't even walk thru the perfume section at Macys or whatever. By the time I pass thru I look like I just smoked a big blunt. Chocolate affects me like that sometimes also.
In a work place perfume and cologne are really too much. A good clean shower is all that is needed.

thumbs
01-23-2007, 11:39 AM
I have done this before. I brought the guy into my office and I talked about the importance a professional appearance and personal hygiene. I told him that his co-worker and I have noticed that he might be lacking in this area and that is offensive to others around him. In the course of our conversation I found out that before work he was playing basketball and did not shower before he came into the office.

Ziggy
01-23-2007, 11:41 AM
It should be done descretely, last thing you need is a grievance filed.

little rowe boat
01-23-2007, 11:53 AM
Be straight up and tell them, when nobody else is around.

phebus
01-23-2007, 11:54 AM
There must be someone in the office that can't stand the guy. Just give them the pleasure of telling the stinky fock.

EAZYKILLER2006
01-23-2007, 11:58 AM
YEPPER! and privately of course:)

OGShocker
01-23-2007, 11:58 AM
There must be someone in the office that can't stand the guy. Just give them the pleasure of telling the stinky fock.
I have been meaning to talk to you... The last time I saw you at Indigo's.. well, uh, ummm you kinda smelled like you might have been drinking.
:D :D :D

Jetaholic
01-23-2007, 11:59 AM
Hire topless...she'll straighten him out.

EAZYKILLER2006
01-23-2007, 12:01 PM
Hire topless...she'll straighten him out.
lmfao oh shait tooo fockin funny! HEY JON !!!;) IM SICK AT HOME TODAY...I COULD BLAME IT ON THAT RUN...:devil:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-23-2007, 12:21 PM
We've had that talk and our boat no longer smells of diesel.;)
Diesel is the worst smell of it all!!!!!!!!

SummerBreeze
01-23-2007, 12:23 PM
OGS
WASH YOUR AZZ

Jetaholic
01-23-2007, 12:25 PM
WASH YOUR AZZ
Follow this guy's advice, and you'll be smelling like a SummerBreeze...

Hallett19
01-23-2007, 12:34 PM
Just leave a stick of deodorant and some soap on their desk sent annonymously.

wright27
01-23-2007, 01:06 PM
Try sending out a memo to the entire office about personal hygiene. Discuss all the different oders, excessive B.O. ,perfums, address all of the possible ways to offend fellow workers.
That way you are not talking to just one person.
If that does not work you have no choice but to be direct.

Biglue
01-23-2007, 01:07 PM
We dealt with this same issue at a place I used to work. We had a guy that literally DID NOT shower. I mean flies would go around him.
We talked to him privately and gave him the appearance and hygiene spiel. Good luck.

lucky
01-23-2007, 02:57 PM
We dealt with this same issue at a place I used to work. We had a guy that literally DID NOT shower. I mean flies would go around him.
They talked to me privately and gave Me the appearance and hygiene spiel. Good luck.
Yea - I told you to watch out for the poopy mines - those poodles leave Huge piles of shit :) Next time buy the mower with the shit guards :) :D

Pussywhippled
01-23-2007, 03:05 PM
Get a bag of Chili Fritos and open them in front of him...
Ask him if he would like some and then ask him if they smell like anything he has ever smelled before.
When he says yes that smell does smell familiar, ask him to smell his arm pits.
His conclusion should be that they both smell the same.
Then tell him he might want to change his deodorant to another flavor of chips...

2Driver
01-23-2007, 03:23 PM
Anyone dumb enough to come to work smelling like a Phoenix homeless person in August most likley won't get bent out of shape about being told to get a bath.
Man up and tell him to scrub and deordorize or hit the road. Your employees are waiting for you to do this.

SHOTKALLIN
01-23-2007, 03:43 PM
We had a deputy that would reak by lunchtime everyday. on top of that he would work out to. lots of people would put deodorant in his mailbox. He got all buthurt over it. Some people have bad genes and just stink. This dude showered everyday.
I say if he is just a dirty focker then tell him straight up. He's the butt of all the watercooler jokes anyway.

No Name
01-23-2007, 03:49 PM
I Agree, We had a shuttle driver at a dealership I work for years ago that you could smell from 5 feet away. We pulled him aside and put it on the table, he responded well and corrected the problem right away.

Rexone
01-23-2007, 03:51 PM
Have everyone approach him with a clothespin on their nose. Perhaps he'll catch on.

Bense468
01-23-2007, 03:54 PM
Hang the pine tree air freshners all over his cubicle.

squirt'nmyload
01-23-2007, 03:56 PM
Some people have bad genes and just stink. This dude showered everyday.
this is true.....i had a guy that worked for me in the past and i had to say something to him.....when i did he told me that he showers every day and put deodorant on several times a day and it didn't help....he worked in our warehouse so it really wasn't that big of a deal

All-Star
01-23-2007, 04:48 PM
I have done this before. I brought the guy into my office and I talked about the importance a professional appearance and personal hygiene. I told him that his co-worker and I have noticed that he might be lacking in this area and that is offensive to others around him. In the course of our conversation I found out that before work he was playing basketball and did not shower before he came into the office.
I agree with you. If he works with the public or outside vendors, you can easily tell him that it has been brought to your attention that customers are complaining of it and that this leaves a bad impression on our company.
I just had to do this last week. The guy had a B.O. issue and was a heavy smoker and coffee drinker on top of it all. So even just talking to the customers it is bad. He litterally had a cloud of funk following him.
So we really geared it towards the cigerette smoking on his way to deliver parts. He would smoke about 4 cigs in a 15 minute drive and put the last one out as he was walking up to the customers door.
So far this week has been very good. And we even offered to buy acase of mints and a body spray for him to keep in his truck.
I think you have to tread lightly because you do not want to be accused of "Discrimination" of some type. Maybe it is against his religion to wear Arm pit juice....????

OCMerrill
01-23-2007, 05:12 PM
Hang the pine tree air freshners all over his cubicle.
This reminds me of the time I placed about 6 of these things on the buttons of the jacket of the guy I worked next to.
He later was asking around who did it. I told him right away and he cleaned up his act right away.
It did backfire on me though as adds for slim fast kept showing up taped to my lunch. What a jerk:mad: :D

hoolign
01-23-2007, 05:21 PM
OGS
" Hey jackass ..take a shower you stinky bastard!" ~ straight - simple - to the point!
:idea: or beat him like a cheap kraco deck!
Hope this helps Mark!

Baja Big Dog
01-23-2007, 07:46 PM
Hey dude...wanna wear my underwear when Im done with them, they would help your smell....

BadKachina
01-23-2007, 07:57 PM
I had an employee with stink mouth. I finally had to tell him that he would have to buy gum or mints if he was to get close to my desk and talk to me. I absolutely couldn't take it anymore. It was all I could do not to gag everytime we had a conversation. Even though I didn't sugar coat it, he got over it and I never noticed it again.

rmarion
01-23-2007, 08:11 PM
If it's a dude........ hey M/Fer your STINK!!!!!!!!
a woman............. it must be your time of the month..........

Racey
01-23-2007, 08:45 PM
Just email ol' stinker a link to this thread http://www.infohub.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

SummitKarl
01-23-2007, 09:00 PM
OGS
man already......I am not supose to start till next week:D :)

KreatinKaos
01-23-2007, 09:29 PM
Squirt him with liquid soap then hose him down with the fire hose:devil:

OGShocker
01-24-2007, 08:33 AM
I was passing on the suggestions last night. We were amazed at just how sexist Hot Boaters are. The co-worker in question is a WOMAN.. Funny how most posts here start with " I would tell the GUY"...ROTFLMAO
Thanks for the help and the laughs..:D:D
It did backfire on me though as adds for slim fast kept showing up taped to my lunch. What a jerk:mad: :D KARMA! LMAO!!!
" Hey jackass ..take a shower you stinky bastard!" ~ straight - simple - to the point!
:idea: or beat him like a cheap kraco deck!
Hope this helps Mark!
The ever helpful, Hoolign :D
man already......I am not suppose to start till next week:D :):jawdrop: Did I miss the memo?:D

Kachina26
01-24-2007, 09:04 AM
Mark, im so glad you brought this up ................................................bu t we really need to talk !! :D
Are you having problems with your co-worker smelling? Or is she having problems with her co-worker?
Try sending out a memo to the entire office about personal hygiene. Discuss all the different oders, excessive B.O. ,perfums, address all of the possible ways to offend fellow workers.
That way you are not talking to just one person.
If that does not work you have no choice but to be direct.
This type of stuff never works, you end up addressing those who don't have issues and the person with the issues just doesn't get it. If they did, they wouldn't have an issue.
Tired of having meetings about graffiti in the work place. Holding 50-60 people over for a hour after work to address an issue caused by one jackass :mad: I say just go talk to the offender and leave everyone else alone.
this is true.....i had a guy that worked for me in the past and i had to say something to him.....when i did he told me that he showers every day and put deodorant on several times a day and it didn't help....he worked in our warehouse so it really wasn't that big of a deal
Could even be a medical problem, I worked with a fella that had some medical deal. Sucked like hell having to go on a road test with him.

boatnam2
01-24-2007, 09:04 AM
i have a best buddy from elemenatry school 35+ years,and he is the stinkiest mf'r i know.all he does all day is put colone on and take drops of those little brather fresheners.he was single at one point a few years ago and moved in with use for a few months until missb kicked him out because of his smell and snoring.he would **** with the kids and itch his balls and ass and chase them around.you could smell it 50ft away.sick thing was at the time he was doing the internet romance thing and would met this sick chicks almost every night,that he would bone or at least get dome i couldnt beleive but seen the e mails back the next day.so the moral is no matter how stinky you johnson is there is some sick chick that will look past the smell...

Jetboatguru
01-24-2007, 09:30 AM
I finally took a suggestion from this thread and used it.
I said, "Photochick, where did you get the sh it sandwich?":D :D

photo chick
01-24-2007, 02:35 PM
I finally took a suggestion from this thread and used it.
I said, "Photochick, where did you get the sh it sandwich?":D :D
And Photochick said "Why Guru, you know I just grabbed it out of your nasty mouth!" :eek:

lucky
01-24-2007, 02:42 PM
ok you two get a room - lmao :D

Jetboatguru
01-24-2007, 02:50 PM
And Photochick said "Why Guru, you know I just grabbed it out of your nasty mouth!" :eek:
Thats not nice Lori.:(
I thought we were friends. Friends share sandwiches.

Jbb
01-24-2007, 02:51 PM
:jawdrop:

photo chick
01-24-2007, 02:55 PM
My friend.....that's a sandwich you made....now you eat it!!!!:eek:

Jbb
01-24-2007, 02:57 PM
tough crowd...

Wmc
01-24-2007, 03:00 PM
I was passing on the suggestions last night. We were amazed at just how sexist Hot Boaters are. The co-worker in question is a WOMAN.. Funny how most posts here start with " I would tell the GUY"...ROTFLMAO
KARMA! LMAO!!!
:jawdrop: Did I miss the memo?:D
By her a flower smelling dousche and tell her to use it. That is gross.

photo chick
01-24-2007, 03:00 PM
tough crowd...
Hi Brian!!!!! I'm just tough when people post mean stuff!!!:D

Jbb
01-24-2007, 03:07 PM
I will make a note of that...

Cole Trickle
01-24-2007, 03:10 PM
Take her water skiing behind the Dana... Tell her that propper technique is too duct tape your hands and wrists to the tow rope.
When she finnaly falls don't let off for a couple miles and have the people in the back seat throw a couple galons of bleach,dawn and fabreeze into the prop wash.
After 10 minutes and 70mph she will either be clean/non smelly or dead.....Win/win:D :devil: :idea: :eek:

Jetboatguru
01-24-2007, 03:25 PM
Lori,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I just made a sandwich for you!

Jetboatguru
01-24-2007, 03:27 PM
I think you should just be up front and don't sugar coat it. I would want to know if I was offending someone with my odor or breath. Just lay it out there in a one on one conversation.

photo chick
01-24-2007, 03:35 PM
Lori,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I just made a sandwich for you!
Awh you're so sweet.....will you please eat it for me now too!

photo chick
01-24-2007, 03:35 PM
I think you should just be up front and don't sugar coat it. I would want to know if I was offending someone with my odor or breath. Just lay it out there in a one on one conversation.
Tony,
You're offending me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GHT
01-24-2007, 03:37 PM
Tony,
You're offending me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why ya gotta be so hard on Tony? Would have though you could have put some sugar on it, at least..;)

SnoopJonnyJon
01-24-2007, 03:50 PM
My suggestion is to puke on her.... get her filthy enough that she has to shower. Then, tomorrow when she comes back clean, get the best looking guy in the office to tell her "you smell good today". That way she'll want to shower again the next day.:D

photo chick
01-24-2007, 04:10 PM
Why ya gotta be so hard on Tony? Would have though you could have put some sugar on it, at least..;)
Nope...Tony's sweet enough he doesn't need added sugar :D :D

Jetaholic
01-24-2007, 04:13 PM
Take her water skiing behind the Dana... Tell her that propper technique is too duct tape your hands and wrists to the tow rope.
When she finnaly falls don't let off for a couple miles and have the people in the back seat throw a couple galons of bleach,dawn and fabreeze into the prop wash.
After 10 minutes and 70mph she will either be clean/non smelly or dead.....Win/win:D :devil: :idea: :eek:
I'm sure she'd smell a whole lot worse dead. :D

hoolign
01-24-2007, 05:13 PM
KARMA! LMAO!!!
:jawdrop: Did I miss the memo?:D
Revision 1
" Hey jackass ..take a shower you stinky bitch!" ~ straight - simple - to the point!
or beat her like a cheap kraco deck!

CA Stu
01-24-2007, 05:15 PM
Go for a walk until you see a pile of dog shit. Then ask them "Why don't you rub some of that in your hair so you smell better?"
Thanks
CA Stu

Jetboatguru
01-24-2007, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the help GHT. But you have no idea with whom you are dealinghere. She is the wicked witch of all directions and is just like the Tinman, no heart to be found anywhere.

Kachina26
01-24-2007, 05:44 PM
he he he he you said "hard on"

photo chick
01-25-2007, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the help GHT. But you have no idea with whom you are dealinghere. She is the wicked witch of all directions and is just like the Tinman, no heart to be found anywhere.
Wow.... I feel so loved Guru!......oh wait I can't..... I have no heart....

Jetboatguru
01-25-2007, 03:50 PM
Wow.... I feel so loved Guru!......oh wait I can't..... I have no heart....
You are a heartless leacherous sea hag that can take great pictures!:)

dumbandyoung
01-25-2007, 03:51 PM
every time they come aroud say..hey whats that smell...they will get the point:D

photo chick
01-25-2007, 03:55 PM
You are a heartless leacherous sea hag that can take great pictures!:)
I'll show you how great my pictures are.......where's Brown? Better yet Bilge Idiot I need your help.....Rexone......anyone?

Jetboatguru
01-25-2007, 03:57 PM
Lorraine,
Am I gonna have to break out a few photos of you and have my way with them?:jawdrop:

photo chick
01-25-2007, 04:00 PM
Lorraine,
Am I gonna have to break out a few photos of you and have my way with them?:jawdrop:
Knock yourself out Spider! :D

Jbb
01-25-2007, 04:02 PM
Oh My.....:jawdrop:

Jetboatguru
01-25-2007, 04:11 PM
Being pretty, having a big rack and taking great pictures doesn't make her anything special Brian.
Well maybe a little:D

photo chick
01-25-2007, 04:14 PM
Mean isn't he? :rolleyes:

Jbb
01-25-2007, 04:14 PM
Being pretty, having a big rack and taking great pictures doesn't make her anything special Brian.
I guess we will see in August....:D
Big rack.....:p

photo chick
01-25-2007, 04:16 PM
Nice description of me...thanks!!!!:D