PDA

View Full Version : Raiders Next Victim!

Boatcop
01-23-2007, 06:00 PM
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) -- The Oakland Raiders have dipped into the college ranks and are going young in their newest head coach.
The Raiders hired Lane Kiffin as their coach, making the 31-year-old Southern California offensive coordinator the N-F-L's youngest head coach.
Kiffin is the son of Tampa Bay defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin. He earned the job with a strong interview Monday after the Raiders failed to reach a deal last week with 32-year-old Steve Sarkisian, Kiffin's fellow assistant to Pete Carroll at Southern California.
Lane Kiffin also was a finalist for the top job at the University of Minnesota. He had described that position as his dream job -- partly because it would have returned him to his hometown.
Kiffen played football for Bloomington-Jefferson High School and was an honorable mention all-state quarterback as a senior in 1993.
But he tells the Star Tribune -- "everything has worked out the way it was supposed to for everyone."
31 years old, huh.
I wonder how he'll feel coaching players old enough to be his grandpa.

Trailer Park Casanova
01-23-2007, 06:13 PM
Yeah,, it might just be another Mike Shanahan Debacle.

buzzaro
01-23-2007, 06:30 PM
I thought Al Davis was coach??:confused:

Fire Angler
01-23-2007, 06:38 PM
AL Davis is the Puppet Master for sure. It is time for him to go.......
Thanks for the memories, but the Raiders need to move forward.

Ziggy
01-23-2007, 07:16 PM
This ought to be interesting to watch. 9 players older than him on the roster :D
Maybe he'll surprise us all...................................or not.

Trailer Park Casanova
01-23-2007, 07:20 PM
Al looked kinda feeble at the Press Conf.
Shuffled on stage with his 10 speed walker.
Without a doubt the most unpopular guy in the Pros'.
Waddya think, maybe his brain is gone too?

Fire Angler
01-23-2007, 07:38 PM
This ought to be interesting to watch. 9 players older than him on the roster :D
Maybe he'll surprise us all...................................or not.
Can you say Train Wreck? :rolleyes:

Baja Big Dog
01-23-2007, 08:27 PM
Who gives a fock!!!

ShutYaPieHole
01-23-2007, 09:37 PM
I Think He Got A 5 Year Deal...im Willing To Bet Al Wont Make It Past 2009. I Know It Sounds Cruel But Its Life......... :idea: Damn This Is Al Davis He May Live To Be 101........

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-23-2007, 09:39 PM
Who gives a fock!!!
AMEN! Raiders suck :D

dmontzsta
01-23-2007, 09:43 PM
Who wants to do the honors and take old Al out? :D

OKIE-JET
01-23-2007, 09:51 PM
I just hope and pray they dont take Adrian Peterson. Gotta root for my boy, but damn that'l be hard in araiders uniform.:mad:

Flyinbowtie
01-23-2007, 09:57 PM
We all know Al makes the real decisions; this gentleman is just the next in a series of surrogates who will be tasked with doing A.D.'s bidding from the sidelines.
The Raiders are doomed until A.D. assumes room temperature, or is deemed incompetent by the courts and locked up in a puzzle house somewhere. I was never a fan, but it is a shame to see any once-proud NFL franchise in such a sad state of affairs.

HCS
01-23-2007, 11:20 PM
You guys see Al Davis in that interview????
It's getting sad. There's a time to give it up!
Please spare us the greef.

eliminatedsprinter
01-23-2007, 11:38 PM
Sounds like it may be a good move for the Raiders, but a risky one for Kiffin. Although, I can't see how a NFL head coaching job can hurt his reume at his age. I really don't see any available old guard coaches out there who could work out well for the Raiders as they presently are. They really have nothing to lose in going for a bright young coach

RitcheyRch
01-24-2007, 05:05 AM
Coaching the Raiders could ruin this young kids life. :D

a catered life
01-24-2007, 06:50 AM
Al looked kinda feeble at the Press Conf.
Shuffled on stage with his 10 speed walker.
Without a doubt the most unpopular guy in the Pros'.
Waddya think, maybe his brain is gone too?
he looked worse than just feeble he looked dam near cracked out and sucked dry:eek: i love my raiders but hate al......

Desert Rat
01-24-2007, 11:39 AM
They really have nothing to lose in going for a bright young coach
Just a good reason for losing more games:idea:

FORMER RAIDERETTE MRS ELIMINATED SPRINTER
01-24-2007, 01:13 PM
Just a good reason for losing more games:idea:
Jeez give him a chance why don't cha:rolleyes:

Trailer Park Casanova
01-24-2007, 01:26 PM
Sounds like it may be a good move for the Raiders, but a risky one for Kiffin. Although, I can't see how a NFL head coaching job can hurt his reume at his age. I really don't see any available old guard coaches out there who could work out well for the Raiders as they presently are. They really have nothing to lose in going for a bright young coach
I agree, he seems to have more to loose than anyone.

SHOTKALLIN
01-24-2007, 02:06 PM
I will take any coach thats allowed to run the team without strings attached.

Riomouse911
01-24-2007, 07:03 PM
The Raiders have a history of young coaches, Al Davis was in his 30's when he started, as was John Madden (1 SB) Tom Flores (2 SB) and Jon Gruden (The team went to the bowl the year after they fired him, and was beaten by his team in the game <irony, anyone?>) So this isn't anything new.
What is new, is Al is 3000 years old, and needs to loosen his grip on the stings. His teams suck, worst record in pro football last 5 years. No Stupor Bowl wins in about 25 years!
Sporting News has a great article this week, The Raiders...one of the worst teams in pro sports. I still root for them, tho!