PDA

View Full Version : For the Magic DB owners.

Not So Fast
01-24-2007, 10:44 AM
A couple of you wanted to see the results of a labbed 26 Bravo 1 vs the results with a 24 Bravo 1 so here you go. Same time of year as last test, about 25 gals more fuel and the lake is as flat as I've ever seen it today so take that into consideration, I dont know if it makes that big a deal though but whatever. Last year in Feb with a little wind and a little less fuel, same guys I hit right at 68mph at 5150 rpm's. So today before we pull the 496HO and put in the Blue Motor (yippee) we went out again with the conditions as stated, the results were virtually the same in regards to both speed and RPMs, go figure huh. Maybe with some wind and less fuel it would have picked up a little but IMO not worth the money over a stock 24 Bravo1. NSF PS My 496 HO is for sale BTW, 110 hrs and perfect condition, complete drop in. $8000

havaduner
01-24-2007, 10:56 AM
Am I missing something here? I would think the 525 (blue motor) would have given you more top end, plus gotten you there quicker.

Ziggy
01-24-2007, 11:09 AM
So today before we pull the 496HO and put in the Blue Motor Am I missing something here? I would think the 525 (blue motor) would have given you more top end, plus gotten you there quicker.
I'm pretty sure he clearly stated that he did the test before the new blue goes in

Not So Fast
01-24-2007, 11:33 AM
I'm pretty sure he clearly stated that he did the test before the new blue goes in
You one smart cookie Ziggy. Yes the test was with my original 496 HO that came with the boat. Thanks NSF

bohica
01-24-2007, 11:56 AM
Want to sell that labbed 26?:confused:

Keith E. Sayre
01-24-2007, 12:05 PM
Ziggy: I'm impressed! Restraint was unusually exhibited.
No, I'm kidding, you're one of the nicer people on here.
NSF: how many hours on the 496HO that is now for sale?
Can you say 80 mph? with a blue motor? Where'd you get it? Congrats.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats

Not So Fast
01-24-2007, 04:41 PM
Ziggy: I'm impressed! Restraint was unusually exhibited.
No, I'm kidding, you're one of the nicer people on here.
NSF: how many hours on the 496HO that is now for sale?
Can you say 80 mph? with a blue motor? Where'd you get it? Congrats.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
Keith, 119 hrs on the meter and less on the computer because someone leaves the key on;) Scott tells me I have too many hours idling after reading the computer and not enough goin faster?? Just me I guess. The blue one is in and just some fine tuning by cuz then off to the tailpipe guy. Sell my motor please!!! Thanks, NSF (Bobby)

Mandelon
01-24-2007, 04:43 PM
A thread for Magic Deck boat owners.....this ought to be one of the biggest threads ever.
Outcoled has the 525 in his doesn't he?

bocco
01-24-2007, 04:49 PM
That 26 prop might work good with the bigger motor.

voodoomedman
01-24-2007, 04:53 PM
Now that is some truly creative SPAM! Get everyone interested in a discussion about labbed props but slip in that you have a slightly used 496HO for sale. :D

boatnam2
01-24-2007, 05:01 PM
i have a labbed 27 might let go of!

Not So Fast
01-24-2007, 05:24 PM
That 26 prop might work good with the bigger motor.
Thats what was strange as I was hitting about 5150 to 5200rpms. Maybe my tach is off?? In any case this prop will not work with the new motor for sure. NSF

ultra27jay
01-24-2007, 05:54 PM
How Much For The 525 And Where Did U Get It. I Need One To Replace My 06 496ho Also. And Ill Take 7999.99 For My Motor 125 Hours, And It Located In Havasu.

Not So Fast
01-24-2007, 06:37 PM
How Much For The 525 And Where Did U Get It. I Need One To Replace My 06 496ho Also. And Ill Take 7999.99 For My Motor 125 Hours, And It Located In Havasu.
Actually it is an HP 500 (non closed cooling) and you just have to look around to find them or the HP 525. After it was set in I couldnt believe how much prettier it is, I'm hoping it runs even better, we'll see. NSF

Not So Fast
01-24-2007, 11:25 PM
Yes, I'll pm you with price if you want, Thanks. NSF

BajaMike
01-24-2007, 11:31 PM
A couple of you wanted to see the results of a labbed 26 Bravo 1 vs the results with a 24 Bravo 1 so here you go. Same time of year as last test, about 25 gals more fuel and the lake is as flat as I've ever seen it today so take that into consideration, I dont know if it makes that big a deal though but whatever. Last year in Feb with a little wind and a little less fuel, same guys I hit right at 68mph at 5150 rpm's. So today before we pull the 496HO and put in the Blue Motor (yippee) we went out again with the conditions as stated, the results were virtually the same in regards to both speed and RPMs, go figure huh. Maybe with some wind and less fuel it would have picked up a little but IMO not worth the money over a stock 24 Bravo1. NSF PS My 496 HO is for sale BTW, 110 hrs and perfect condition, complete drop in. $8000
This post is one of the most confusing I've seen here in a while.........
"put in the Blue Motor (yippee) we went out again with the conditions as stated, the results were virtually the same in regards to both speed and RPMs, go figure huh"
"A couple of you wanted to see the results of a labbed 26 Bravo 1 vs the results with a 24 Bravo 1 so here you go"
:confused: :idea: :sqeyes:

Not So Fast
01-25-2007, 12:13 AM
This post is one of the most confusing I've seen here in a while.........
"put in the Blue Motor (yippee) we went out again with the conditions as stated, the results were virtually the same in regards to both speed and RPMs, go figure huh"
"A couple of you wanted to see the results of a labbed 26 Bravo 1 vs the results with a 24 Bravo 1 so here you go"
:confused: :idea: :sqeyes:
I'll try to clear it up. I posted a little while ago that I was going to try a labbed 26 on my Magic DB and some other Magic owners asked that i post the results which I did in this post. Just so happened that a deal involving a "blue motor" that has been in the works for a couple of months came to be, so I took my boat out today before we started the swap on motors to test the prop against numbers from last year at this time with a Bravo 24. I hope that clears this up for you:D NSF

havaduner
01-25-2007, 07:32 AM
Ziggy, thank you for not flaming me to death, I did have to go back and re-read the post to see that I did miss that small word BEFORE! But I did see how many hours were on the 496 the first time I read it!:D

phebus
01-25-2007, 07:43 AM
Bobby, the only way that your speed and rpm would have been the same, with different pitch is if your slip went up. If you were trimmed to get the max speed number, and the rpm was the same, I would suspect that one of the props was not pitced to the corresponding number stamped on the prop.

Not So Fast
01-25-2007, 11:49 AM
Bobby, the only way that your speed and rpm would have been the same, with different pitch is if your slip went up. If you were trimmed to get the max speed number, and the rpm was the same, I would suspect that one of the props was not pitced to the corresponding number stamped on the prop.
Agreed:idea: and I'll take my chances on the stock Bravo 24 being correct. Maybe the extra weight of the gas combined with flat water made the difference and it would have gained a little MPH. Who knows????? NSF

Keith E. Sayre
01-25-2007, 03:54 PM
Rick and Bobby: something else to consider, years ago,
about 10 to be exact, it seemed like the general rule of
thumb on the labbed props was 300 rpm and 3 or 4 mph
on a good day. Back then only a handful of guys were doing the "lab" job on the props. Today, every other guy
has a labbed prop so there must be a zillion guys doing
what a few very talented technicians did before. Our findings over the past 5 years, we usually see the extra
300 rpm but haven't been realizing the same consistency
as before. I'll say half the time we get the rpm and not the mph. Not just on our boats either but listening to my
friends. Just a thought. and No I am not badmouthing
the lab process or the people that do it. I can't remember
the last time that we put a labbed prop on one of our boats. Not even for the tests. Good luck with the new
power. You'll like it. I'm thinking 75 to 77 mph?
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats

Not So Fast
01-25-2007, 05:44 PM
Rick and Bobby: something else to consider, years ago,
about 10 to be exact, it seemed like the general rule of
thumb on the labbed props was 300 rpm and 3 or 4 mph
on a good day. Back then only a handful of guys were doing the "lab" job on the props. Today, every other guy
has a labbed prop so there must be a zillion guys doing
what a few very talented technicians did before. Our findings over the past 5 years, we usually see the extra
300 rpm but haven't been realizing the same consistency
as before. I'll say half the time we get the rpm and not the mph. Not just on our boats either but listening to my
friends. Just a thought. and No I am not badmouthing
the lab process or the people that do it. I can't remember
the last time that we put a labbed prop on one of our boats. Not even for the tests. Good luck with the new
power. You'll like it. I'm thinking 75 to 77 mph?
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
OH senor Keith, I love your predictions, I hope they come true. Your fabricator will do the tailpipes on monday I hope, solid all the way thru the transom, should look very cool. What are you thinking for a prop, Bravo 1, 26P ??? NSF

riverroyal
01-25-2007, 06:55 PM
just a magic thread,didnt want to be left out

Ziggy
01-25-2007, 07:06 PM
just a magic thread,didnt want to be left outYou're just a day late and a dollar short again pal....:D :D
Ziggy, thank you for not flaming me to death, I did have to go back and re-read the post to see that I did miss that small word BEFORE! But I did see how many hours were on the 496 the first time I read it!
:D:D
Weird thing is I completely followed the writing of NSF and understood it clearly........must be because we're both Charger Fans, lmao.... :D We speak Southern So.Cal. lingo ;)

Not So Fast
01-26-2007, 06:56 AM
You're just a day late and a dollar short again pal....:D :D
:D:D
Weird thing is I completely followed the writing of NSF and understood it clearly........must be because we're both Charger Fans, lmao.... :D We speak Southern So.Cal. lingo ;)
Say it aint so Ziggy, you understood me completely LMAO. I re-read what I said a couple of times and it all made sense to me! But what do I know because I thought the Bolts would win it this year.:( NSF

dm25advantage
01-26-2007, 10:13 AM
Yes, I'll pm you with price if you want, Thanks. NSF
i have a bravo 1 28p labbed prop looking to trade for a 26p? can u sent me a pm , how much u want the 26p for?

Keith E. Sayre
01-26-2007, 10:26 AM
Bobby: since you asked, I'd rather spin the heck out of a
26 than grunt a 28 and load it down. that motor was made
to spin. Let her rip. On second thought though, after rereading
your first post on this subject, you might have a real high X
which could mean a 28? Magic puts their X higher than we do.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats

Not So Fast
01-26-2007, 03:12 PM
i have a bravo 1 28p labbed prop looking to trade for a 26p? can u sent me a pm , how much u want the 26p for?
Not trying to dissuede you from buying this prop but heres the facts. Bronson did the work and I dont really know their reputation. The only thing some of us can figure since I saw no appreciable change from my stock Bravo 1 24p is that maybe they reworked the 26 down or close too a 24's specs ?? Not an expert here thou by any means. The props price is $450 and I just wanted you to know whats up. I will follow my cuz's and Keiths advice and go with a 26 for all around use. Thanks, NSF
SOMEBODY BUY MY MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ULTRA26 # 1
01-26-2007, 03:37 PM
Bobby,
So it finally came to pass. Congratulations on the new motor. The HP500 is a much torquier motor than your HO. IMO you should be all over the rev limiter with a 26, at least when it's cool outside. Based on everything we have discussed about your boat, my guess is that your top speed with the 500 will be 73 to 74. The best parts of the blue motor are the forged internals, the additional torque, the cam profile and the way that they sound. Good luck with the sale of your HO.
John M

Beer-30
01-26-2007, 03:52 PM
I would hang on to that labbed 26 if I were you. At least until you get the boat dialed back in. The more props you can try, the better you can dial.
I am betting that the lab 26 will be your choice for mid-summer loaded cruising. Also for higher elevations, if they apply. Cool weather, I am sure you could spin a 28 pretty well. I have ridden in a 26' cat (not deck) with a 525 and a 30p. It was significantly overpropped for recreational use.

Not So Fast
01-26-2007, 05:53 PM
Bobby,
So it finally came to pass. Congratulations on the new motor. The HP500 is a much torquier motor than your HO. IMO you should be all over the rev limiter with a 26, at least when it's cool outside. Based on everything we have discussed about your boat, my guess is that your top speed with the 500 will be 73 to 74. The best parts of the blue motor are the forged internals, the additional torque, the cam profile and the way that they sound. Good luck with the sale of your HO.
John M
Yep, it sure did John and I'm happy. Its off to the tailpipe fabricator Monday for that piece of business and then a start up, check for leaks and make sure everything works as it should , then prop testing. Like I said it will probably be a 26 since i really dont boat much in the cold weather. AND BROTHER IT WAS COLD THE OTHER MORNING, DAMN. Thanks!! NSF