PDA

View Full Version : psychic's advise

Ziggy
01-24-2007, 03:26 PM
WTF:confused:
I'm sitting eating lunch just now and the TV in there had on the Montel Williams talk show with a lady psychic answering questions for peeps in the audience.
Random queries like, "my parents died a month ago, do you see them anywhere?" Yeah they're standing right behind you, your mom is playing with her hair..
What career path should I take? Hairdresser
My sister is sick, what does she have? Something with prescription drugs.:idea:
She just snaps off answers like no big deal and these people just soak it in like the gospel.
I'm sorry but shit like that just seems WAY too fake for me to believe, why do some folks trust it with their lives/careers/emotions????
Not making judgement here but in the whole time I watched there was not a single male that asked a question, just women.
What's your take on these psychic phenom's and how much can or would you trust. I guess I'm more of a scientist because I believe what can be proved not some psycho babble crapola.

rmarion
01-24-2007, 03:33 PM
did she give out any real estate tips?????????

Captain Dan
01-24-2007, 03:41 PM
These "believers" are the same people that get wrapped up with religious zealots. They want to belive their dead mom's spirirt is standing behind them, they need something to hope for, something to believe in, and the psychics give them hope and comfort. A portion of the audiences are also planted there......reminds me of that Steve Martin movie - I think it was called Leap of Faith.....
for me it's simple, I just believe I'll have another beer :)

Brady Bunch
01-24-2007, 03:53 PM
She told them their boy was dead!
Crystal ball fails psychic in Mo. kidnapping
BY CHRISTINA BOYLE
DAILY NEWS WRITER
Sylvia Browne
Montel Williams' psychic pal Sylvia Browne told the family of missing Shawn Hornbeck he was dead shortly after the Missouri boy vanished - and later allegedly offered to help locate his body for $700 per half hour.
The popular TV clairvoyant appeared on the "Montel Williams Show" in February 2003, four months after Shawn disappeared, and told Pam and Craig Akers she believed their son was "no longer with us."
She also advised that his body could be found in a wooded area 20 miles from their Richwoods, Mo., home, near two large jagged boulders.
Shawn, now 15, was found alive and well last Friday, living just miles away with a man now charged with snatching the boy when he was 11.
Browne's "vision" of his death caused search teams to redirect their efforts and drew dozens of calls from the public who believed they lived near the woods matching Browne's descriptions.
The family also claims the psychic then tried to cash in, which Browne vigorously denies.
"She called Pam and Craig about one month after the show and pretty much offered her services to continue their discussion for a fee," said Wayne Evans, a spokesman for the Shawn Hornbeck Foundation.
"Pam was that desperate that if she had had $700 in her bank account she would have put it on the table. We are talking about a mother who would have sold her soul to have her boy back."
"Everybody was angry," he added. "Sylvia Browne's name was never brought up again until Shawn was found. He's home now, and that's all that matters."
Browne, a regular guest on the "Montel" show, apologized for her misfire, exposed first by StopSylviaBrowne.com, a blog dedicated to tracking the psychic's every blunder.
"I'm terribly sorry that this happened," she told the Daily News. "But I think my body of work stands by itself. I've broken case after case."
"I think it's just cruel to jump on this one case in which I was wrong," she added defensively. "I've said thousands of times I'm not God."
She also denied ever offering her services to Shawn's family for cash.
"There's never been a case that I've ever charged for a missing child," Browne said. "I would never do that. Never, never."
A spokeswoman for Williams said the talk show host was taping more shows and unavailable for comment. Browne was his only guest on yesterday's show.
Michael Devlin, the 300-pound pizza parlor manager charged with kidnapping Shawn four years ago and a second boy just last week, is to be arraigned today in Missouri courtroom.
He is also under investigation for the disappearance of another boy, Charles Arlin Henderson, 16 years ago.

EAZYKILLER2006
01-24-2007, 04:00 PM
These "believers" are the same people that get wrapped up with religious zealots. They want to belive their dead mom's spirirt is standing behind them, they need something to hope for, something to believe in, and the psychics give them hope and comfort. A portion of the audiences are also planted there......reminds me of that Steve Martin movie - I think it was called Leap of Faith.....
for me it's simple, I just believe I'll have another beer :)
woo woo! I'll take another beer ,too...what do u think about hypnotism? real or fake? my sister swears by it...

Captain Dan
01-24-2007, 04:34 PM
woo woo! I'll take another beer ,too...what do u think about hypnotism? real or fake? my sister swears by it...
hypnotism is another matter - we only use a small portion of our brains - what does the rest do? The subconscious mind is a powerful thing. I do, however, believe that a hypnotist cannot make a person do what their own subconscious mind won't allow.
I became a believer in this when I visited a hypnotherapist over a year ago to quit smoking. I, of course, had told myself that I wanted to quit and was ready, but it is simply amazing that I was able to quit, after over 20 years of smoking - cold turkey, that day - no urges, no pain, no nothing. I was scared I would start after my first drink, but didn't. That was about 15 months ago.
I thought it was a physical/chemical thing, but in reality, it was a mental thing.

Ziggy
01-24-2007, 04:36 PM
Ba-Bing..............just another money grabbing philanderer. I guess you'll believe what you want(or hope) to believe...crazy!:rolleyes:
She told them their boy was dead!
Crystal ball fails psychic in Mo. kidnapping
BY CHRISTINA BOYLE
DAILY NEWS WRITER
Sylvia Browne
Montel Williams' psychic pal Sylvia Browne told the family of missing Shawn Hornbeck he was dead shortly after the Missouri boy vanished - and later allegedly offered to help locate his body for $700 per half hour.
The popular TV clairvoyant appeared on the "Montel Williams Show" in February 2003, four months after Shawn disappeared, and told Pam and Craig Akers she believed their son was "no longer with us."
She also advised that his body could be found in a wooded area 20 miles from their Richwoods, Mo., home, near two large jagged boulders.
Shawn, now 15, was found alive and well last Friday, living just miles away with a man now charged with snatching the boy when he was 11.
Browne's "vision" of his death caused search teams to redirect their efforts and drew dozens of calls from the public who believed they lived near the woods matching Browne's descriptions.
The family also claims the psychic then tried to cash in, which Browne vigorously denies.
"She called Pam and Craig about one month after the show and pretty much offered her services to continue their discussion for a fee," said Wayne Evans, a spokesman for the Shawn Hornbeck Foundation.
"Pam was that desperate that if she had had $700 in her bank account she would have put it on the table. We are talking about a mother who would have sold her soul to have her boy back."
"Everybody was angry," he added. "Sylvia Browne's name was never brought up again until Shawn was found. He's home now, and that's all that matters."
Browne, a regular guest on the "Montel" show, apologized for her misfire, exposed first by StopSylviaBrowne.com, a blog dedicated to tracking the psychic's every blunder.
"I'm terribly sorry that this happened," she told the Daily News. "But I think my body of work stands by itself. I've broken case after case."
"I think it's just cruel to jump on this one case in which I was wrong," she added defensively. "I've said thousands of times I'm not God."
She also denied ever offering her services to Shawn's family for cash.
"There's never been a case that I've ever charged for a missing child," Browne said. "I would never do that. Never, never."
A spokeswoman for Williams said the talk show host was taping more shows and unavailable for comment. Browne was his only guest on yesterday's show.
Michael Devlin, the 300-pound pizza parlor manager charged with kidnapping Shawn four years ago and a second boy just last week, is to be arraigned today in Missouri courtroom.
He is also under investigation for the disappearance of another boy, Charles Arlin Henderson, 16 years ago.

EAZYKILLER2006
01-24-2007, 05:23 PM
hypnotism is another matter - we only use a small portion of our brains - what does the rest do? The subconscious mind is a powerful thing. I do, however, believe that a hypnotist cannot make a person do what their own subconscious mind won't allow.
I became a believer in this when I visited a hypnotherapist over a year ago to quit smoking. I, of course, had told myself that I wanted to quit and was ready, but it is simply amazing that I was able to quit, after over 20 years of smoking - cold turkey, that day - no urges, no pain, no nothing. I was scared I would start after my first drink, but didn't. That was about 15 months ago.
I thought it was a physical/chemical thing, but in reality, it was a mental thing.
wow! I believe that... but, what about, the ppl SAY on stage...doing crazy shait...do u think it is an act? cus my sister, was on stage...SHE did some crazy stuff...she said she didnt remember anything...we bought the video recording of then show......she was amazed:idea: ??? I ALWAYS WONDERED ABOUT THAT...

Boatcop
01-24-2007, 05:27 PM
What's wrong with psychics? After all. I'm somewhat psychic myself. Here' I'll show you............
OK...............
Getting something...................
It's coming in..................
Clear as daylight now..................
RD SUX! :D
See. I told you. :)

topless
01-24-2007, 06:32 PM
I was told I was psycho......I mean psychic. Actually mine is coincedence.

BigDoug
01-24-2007, 09:58 PM
who told you that Topless ?
Was it "Later" ? :D

Ziggy
01-25-2007, 08:52 AM
I was told I was psycho......I mean psychic. Actually mine is coincedence.
You sensed T would not sleep well around the mini dinasaur, didn't ya? You're so psycho-delic.....I mean psychic ;):D