PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Sleepwalker in their home?:

Trailer Park Casanova
01-25-2007, 03:55 AM
I woke up about an hour ago when our 6 year old was sleepwalking around the house.
The scary part is when he slams doors.
If he does it again,, I'll have the camera ready.
I coaxed him back to bed.
Funny ,, the cat follows him too.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3812Alis_toy_059-med.jpg
Our sleepwalker

Huckleberry
01-25-2007, 03:59 AM
He's probably feeding the cat while he's on his walkabouts! My older brother used to sleepwalk when we were younger. My mom has a video of him coming down the stairs, going to the laundry room, picking up his pile of clean clothes, and carrying them up to his bedroom...All while sound asleep. :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Sanger D
01-25-2007, 05:13 AM
ex wife did!!trippy to watch. doc says DO NOT wake em up, just watch em to make sure thier ok then wait for them to lay back down ,THEN wake em up and put them to bed. I guess it can stress them out and traumatise them if you wake them while their cruisin!!!

boatnam2
01-25-2007, 05:33 AM
im told im a sleep farter!

OKIE-JET
01-25-2007, 06:32 AM
Woke one mornin to find my daughter (about 5 yrs at the time), snoozin on the dining room table, fetal position with her butt up in the air.

Her454
01-25-2007, 08:35 AM
Anyone remember the case where the guy killed his neighbor (if I remember correctly).................in his sleep? :rolleyes:

Her454
01-25-2007, 08:39 AM
Guess I should have researched this first...at least I got some of it right LOL. Crazy shiat t thats for sure.
http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/issues/1998-11-19/feature2_2.html

Ziggy
01-25-2007, 08:46 AM
My daughter was tooling around the house once recently. First time we've ever noticed or seen her do that.

wright27
01-25-2007, 08:48 AM
My son did the same when he was younger. It was scary because he would sleep walk and yell at people. His yelling would wake me up. Then he stopped yelling at people and would just scream and cry like someone was killing him. The next morning he would remember nothing, not even a nightmare. He has outgrown it now but lasted a couple years.

OCMerrill
01-25-2007, 09:07 AM
Our son does it. We had to place a lock up high on the front door so he cannot get out. He is 4.
It's amazing how deep of a sleep they are in when they do this. We usually just scoop him up and put him back in bed never waking him.
One time we found him sleeping on the kitchen floor with every door in the kitchen cabinets open. He was "sleep looking" for something.

yopengo
01-25-2007, 09:10 AM
My oldest daughter still does it. I had to put locks up high on all the exit doors to our house. She walked out the front door a couple of times. She will usually wake up on her own and go back to bed but very scary when you think you kid is walking out the front door in the middle of the night.

topless
01-25-2007, 09:41 AM
When I was in High School there was a kid who was a couple years younger than me. He used to do it all the time. He was a football pleayer and very athletic. Anyway, oone night he was dreaming og going hunting with his dad and apparently went to the gun cabinet, pulled out a shotgun and went back to bed. He was suppose to go to track pratice in the morning so when his moms alarm went off, she also heard the gun shot. He had rolled over on the gun and blew his right arm off at the shoulder. Scary shit to sleep walk.

rojo4
01-25-2007, 12:01 PM
my 9 year old has been up nearly every night since the beginning of the year. My wife says she used to sleepwalk when she was younger and that she grew out of it. Not much you can do about it other then send them back to bed. Sometimes my daughter is up 5 times walking around and talking jibberish.

Sleek-Jet
01-25-2007, 12:12 PM
My son did the same when he was younger. It was scary because he would sleep walk and yell at people. His yelling would wake me up. Then he stopped yelling at people and would just scream and cry like someone was killing him. The next morning he would remember nothing, not even a nightmare. He has outgrown it now but lasted a couple years.
Sounds like Night Terrors... one of my brothers used to have those.

lewiville
01-25-2007, 01:39 PM
my daughter was up the other night and sleeping on the couch and I picked her up and put her in bed. When I laid her down, she was cock-eyed and was trying to pull the covers over her and was getting angry because the sheets were not going her way. Funny stuff. She is famous for talking in her sleep to.

2Driver
01-25-2007, 01:48 PM
Does morning wood count as a type of sleep walking?

reDECKulous
01-25-2007, 01:57 PM
It sure does

40FlatDeck
01-25-2007, 02:14 PM
Sounds like Night Terrors... one of my brothers used to have those.
When I was younger I had night terrors. My mom said every night at almost the exact same time I would get up, run, scream and freak out. It would last for about 5 minutes. I remember some of them but I eventually grew out of them. When I first got my house a friend of mine moved in that still had them. I race with him so when we would travel and stay in hotels it would always happen. It seemed to happen more when he was out of his element, like a hotel. I would just start telling him to go back to sleep and it's ok. Now, he is a big guy and in his younger years I saw him knock out alot of dudes, so I was always a little nervous. One time he had a bad one at the house and punched thru his bedroom door TWICE!:sqeyes: My girlfriend was so scared she had tears in her eyes. For the most part though it was just alot of yelling.

Throttle
01-25-2007, 02:41 PM
found a sleepwalking toddler in the middle of nite on the sidewalk while we were pulling the fire engine back into the station... scary!!! better lock those doos (up high, out of reach)...

Riomouse911
01-25-2007, 09:39 PM
My wife doesn't sleepwalk, but if she's asleep when I come into the bedroom she'll sit up while completely asleep. She'll start talking (sometimes just babbling incoherently), and it's so hard not to start cracking up. Several times I thought she was awake, and tried to have a conversation with her until I realized she was out like a light. I learned to just say, "Good night babe" and she'll lie back down and return to sleeping.
When I ask her in the morning, she has no recollection of being awake or talking to me at all. I'm thinking our little guy is going to be "night stalking" all over the place once he outgrows the crib...::jawdrop:

GHT
01-25-2007, 09:45 PM
When I was in the military (in Korea) my roommate sleep walked and talked. One night he woke up (in the Winter) on the exterior metal stairs at the end of the Dorm in his underware and holding a role of toilet paper.... I was watching TV when he left, right in front of me (I thought he was awake). He came back in the room, told me what happened and before I could give him sh!t about it, he told me to shut the F up..:D

Jrocket
01-25-2007, 09:46 PM
My wife always sleep walks out to the living room and pinches a 20 spot out of my wallet!

OutCole'd
01-25-2007, 09:48 PM
My wife always sleep walks out to the living room and pinches a 20 spot out of my wallet!
LMAO.... Nice.:D