PDA

View Full Version : Jury Duty Stinks!

Mrs. casean
01-25-2007, 08:59 AM
Thank goodness for a laptop w/ wireless though! I'd be bored outta my mind! I guess I know where I'll be today :D Here? :idea: :)

OCMerrill
01-25-2007, 09:16 AM
I know its our duty and all but....I am with ya. Booring.
Last time I looked for a wall plug and sat at a bench near it. May battery only lasts about an hour on high power. I hate that. Low power and I can't see the picken screen very well.
But, Harbor Justice Center no wireless connection:mad:
So I take it your done?

Mrs.Racer277
01-25-2007, 09:19 AM
Thank goodness for a laptop w/ wireless though! I'd be bored outta my mind! I guess I know where I'll be today :D Here? :idea: :)
UGH--I agree boring
Time to work on your post count. :)

Mrs. casean
01-25-2007, 09:22 AM
I know its our duty and all but....I am with ya. Booring.
Last time I looked for a wall plug and sat at a bench near it. May battery only lasts about an hour on high power. I hate that. Low power and I can't see the picken screen very well.
But, Harbor Justice Center no wireless connection:mad:
So I take it your done?
I have to stay until I'm excused. :D I got here early so I could get one of these desks/cubicle thingys becuase last time I was hard pressed to get the last one... I did luckily! But it's dead in here this time around! I'm at the Southwest Justice Center (Riverside County) which is not even a mile away from my house so that's one perk I guess. :D

Havasu1986
01-25-2007, 09:22 AM
I go over to bench racers and put smilies on all their threads...pisses them off:D

Mrs. casean
01-25-2007, 09:23 AM
UGH--I agree boring
I guess I will be today :D At least till I'm excuses or moving on to a trial.. they don't want me anyways :D But I'm here becuase it's my duty. IF I got paid for all my days missed (not just 5) I'd participate becuase I think it would be intriguing (Spelling???). But I don't so I think I'm racist today. :eek:

mrs.robk
01-25-2007, 09:31 AM
I agree! Boring *yawn*
I was stuck on a trial last year (thank goodness it was short). Definitely not as interesting as I thought it would be....

BarryMac
01-25-2007, 09:31 AM
I guess I will be today :D At least till I'm excuses or moving on to a trial.. they don't want me anyways :D But I'm here becuase it's my duty. IF I got paid for all my days missed (not just 5) I'd participate becuase I think it would be intriguing (Spelling???). But I don't so I think I'm racist today. :eek:
Hang 'em, Hang 'em all...;) :D

HCS
01-25-2007, 09:46 AM
I always get out of it.
I'm the bread in the family.

Ziggy
01-25-2007, 09:46 AM
Glad you are doing your duty............
If they got beedy eyes they're guilty ;) :D

Trailer Park Casanova
01-25-2007, 09:48 AM
One day service in VC.
If they don't pick you yur outta it.

OCMerrill
01-25-2007, 09:50 AM
Hang 'em, Hang 'em all...;) :D
That statement will help keep you from being selected.:D :D

Mrs. casean
01-25-2007, 09:51 AM
One day service in VC.
If they don't pick you yur outta it.
That's how it is here in Riverside too now. I am so happy they changed to that!

SHOTKALLIN
01-25-2007, 09:52 AM
One day service in Riverside too. I get it every other year. I never mind it. No commute that day.;) Where else can you sit and read your magazine or newspaper and not be disturbed? I even bumped into an old friend.:D

dumbandyoung
01-25-2007, 04:02 PM
man ive had 3 notices , but hey ..if it aint certified mail i never got it:D

Kachina26
01-25-2007, 06:07 PM
man ive had 3 notices , but hey ..if it aint certified mail i never got it:D
Ya, wait 'til the next time you get pulled over for a broken tail light and end up getting picked up on a bench warrant. :D:D:D

dumbandyoung
01-25-2007, 06:41 PM
Ya, wait 'til the next time you get pulled over for a broken tail light and end up getting picked up on a bench warrant. :D:D:D
wont happen

yopengo
01-25-2007, 06:50 PM
I just wear my t-shirt withÂ…
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22785&stc=1&d=1169779611
They excuse me. :D

Racey
01-25-2007, 08:08 PM
Jury Duty is an effin joke, Last time i went i spent 8 hours sitting in a waiting with crappy hard plastic chairs and one couch, when i finally got in on some couch action the stinkiest lady came and sat next to me and the odor was so foul i had to move, I never even got to see a judge, and was compensated like 22 dollars for my time/drive.

Mrs.Racer277
01-25-2007, 08:51 PM
So did you survive Linds?????:confused: :confused:

Trailer Park Casanova
01-25-2007, 09:19 PM
I was on jury duty once where Caterpiller forklift dealers were suing caterpillar, and vice versa.
Caterpillar was holding back dealer inventory in an attempt to run up prices, and hurt some sales, and buy out dealers.
Instead:
The dealers picked up Korean and Japan lines and that just about sank Caterpillar.
Lots more to the story.
One dealer was in colusion with Cat.
Their is an astronomical amount of money in the forklift business.
The Judges instructions to us was one thing:
Did the dealers break their proprietary contract with Cat.
The findings,,, even though Cat was a dirty rat to them,, Cat won.

Mrs. casean
01-26-2007, 08:18 AM
So did you survive Linds?????:confused: :confused:
oh yeah! I ended up getting out at 11:30 so I went home, made lunch, watch soaps and cleaned my house till 2:30 then took Lacey for an hour and twenty minute walk/jog. Gosh I wish I never had to go to work :D It's worth going when you get to stay home the rest of the day :D