PDA

View Full Version : Dana Marine Is On Board

Dana Marine Products
01-25-2007, 04:12 PM
I'd like to take this time to introduce ourself to any who doesn't know us. Dana Marine Products has been on the forward lines of inventing and manufacturing billet aluminum marine products for over 29 years. Our product line is expanding daily with new and exciting parts. This new section will allow us to keep all ***boaters up to speed on new products, as well as answer all technical questions on existing products. My name is Bob, and can be contacted here or at the shop 951-279-5005. Thanks for all the support!!

ULTRA26 # 1
01-25-2007, 04:43 PM
Congratulations to Dana, Bob and everyone else at Dana. In my book, the best marine parts made, with sales and service to match.
Welcome aboard.
John M

HavasuSelect
01-25-2007, 05:19 PM
Congrats, it's nice to see new companys in this section. I think it was a great idea and I hope it works out!

Daytona100
01-25-2007, 05:22 PM
Do you carry low water pickups? Rigging up a chiller and not sure what to get. Any suggestions.

Dana Marine Products
01-25-2007, 05:43 PM
There's a few options on water pickups, personally any time I'm going to drill a hole thru the bottom of a boat I use a ball valve directly on the pickup. It's a simple safety precaution that could save a big headache someday. That being said, I'd suggest buying one of our stainless steel thru hull pickups. It has a generic length pickup tube that you would cut and shape on roughly a 20-30 degree angle to match the bottom of your boat. We have them with female 3/4" or 1" pipe. 3/4" is perfect for a chiller.
You can find them here.
http://danamarineproducts.com/GroupCatProducts.cfm?CatId=218&group_id=44&page=1&CFID=274794&CFTOKEN=92895120

dumbandyoung
01-25-2007, 05:49 PM
GREAT!!! I thought Eddie Marine was gonna get 1st dibs..I'm glad it was Dana. :D
so is there a discount for hot boaters???

Daytona100
01-25-2007, 05:50 PM
Thank you for the info i,ll be ordering one up. Don,t understand the ball valve do you sell them and where do you mount it. Probably a stupid question but you got to learn.:idea:

Dana Marine Products
01-25-2007, 06:00 PM
Q & A is how things get done properly, so feel free to ask away. The reason for the ball valve is in the case of a line breakage. A 3/4" hole in the bottom of a boat will fill up a boat pretty fast. I've had braided lines come apart, and rubber hoses fail. It may be a long shot, but it's possible.

Daytona100
01-25-2007, 06:08 PM
Do you sell the ball valve part# etc.

ULTRA26 # 1
01-25-2007, 09:49 PM
Q & A is how things get done properly, so feel free to ask away. The reason for the ball valve is in the case of a line breakage. A 3/4" hole in the bottom of a boat will fill up a boat pretty fast. I've had braided lines come apart, and rubber hoses fail. It may be a long shot, but it's possible.
Bob,
Great advice
John M

OutCole'd
01-27-2007, 11:05 AM
Will this work on a HP525 also? http://www.danamarineproducts.com/ProductDetails.cfm?group_id=2&catid=14&productid=1146&CFID=274794&CFTOKEN=92895120

Dana Marine Products
01-27-2007, 04:47 PM
To be honest, I don't know. We've never done a pylon for a 525 application. We have parts and could easily check (as long as we had the engine in front of us). If you're interested, let me know.
Thanks,
Bob

2forcefull
01-27-2007, 05:47 PM
GREAT!!! I thought Eddie Marine was gonna get 1st dibs..I'm glad it was Dana. :D
so is there a discount for hot boaters???
so I think the answer is no!

OutCole'd
01-27-2007, 08:25 PM
To be honest, I don't know. We've never done a pylon for a 525 application. We have parts and could easily check (as long as we had the engine in front of us). If you're interested, let me know.
Thanks,
Bob
Definately interested. I would also need to find out the cost to cut the hole in my hatch. But, definately intersted. That and the scissor hinges would be nice on my boat if I can get it done.

Dana Marine Products
03-17-2007, 06:13 AM
Ok - We just did a pylon install on a 525. The only question I would have is, how much room is in between your engine and your rear seat? There needs to be a minimum of 5". If you have the room, I can assemble a standard kit for this application. The price would be roughly $790.00.

Da Twins
04-15-2007, 07:15 AM
need to know if you have 5 blade 30 left & right prop's
for XR drive
have 625 Ilmor's running 4 blade 32's @ 109 @ 5300rmp
think 30 5 blade w/ help ?????

Marty Gras
04-15-2007, 09:56 PM
Hi Bob! I ordered 3, "one piece" billet aluminum swim steps (for boats I was building) back in 1995. Are any of them ready to ship out? My customers are really getting angry about the wait! I know you guys are "building for the masses", but I feel after being jerked off so much, (3 times) you should really NOT OFFER custom work that you don't intend to do!!! Your old catalog offered these swim steps and I never received ONE of them. At the time I had to "rig up my old mill" and make the swim steps for my customers, because YOU didn't deliver on what you had in your catalog! I hope you have made things better, for the customers! GOOD LUCK MR DANA!

Dana Marine Products
04-16-2007, 07:09 AM
Well, I can't really speak for times of the past, but I can tell you that if you would like to order a swim step today it would be delivered in a timely manner. Obviously there was some form of issue 12 years ago, right or wrong, I don't know that situation. Unfortunately back then, it was a one man band, and I'm sure there were plenty of situations that could be discussed. The bottom line is, Dana Marine Products has grown substantially in the last 5 years. We currently have 5 sales people on the phones from 8-6 M-F. So, if you're in need of any assistance, we'd be happy to help.
As of today, I do not have an order for 3 swim steps. So they're not ready to ship out. In todays Dana Marine, the fact that we're building for the masses has no relevance on how a customer is treated. You can spend nothing with Dana Marine Products and still call here and get treated with respect.

OutCole'd
04-16-2007, 07:11 AM
Ok - We just did a pylon install on a 525. The only question I would have is, how much room is in between your engine and your rear seat? There needs to be a minimum of 5". If you have the room, I can assemble a standard kit for this application. The price would be roughly $790.00.
Cool, I'll measure it this weekend.
Where on the engine are you taking your measurement? Pulleys?

Dana Marine Products
04-16-2007, 07:25 AM
From the top of the pulleys.

OutCole'd
04-16-2007, 07:26 AM
From the top of the pulleys.
Got it.;)