PDA

View Full Version : Ski Pole Bezel

watergun4u
01-25-2007, 09:56 PM
Hey dana, good to see you guys on the boards, hey i got a problem, this is Tye from Lang's marine, And about 2 years ago I ordered a ski pole set up for a ultra boat from you, I had called and talked to you a few times and you where going to send out the bezel that goes around the pole to cover the upolstery after you cut the hole, Well you never sent it, and I would really like to get it as the hole is really starting to fray, and I need the bezel to clean it up and it was part of the deal , and I paid for it so I would really like to have it, its for a 2 1/2'' pole, and it goes in the motor hatch, color blue power coat
any questions email me at boatdawgo@aol.com Thanks Tye

Dana Marine Products
01-26-2007, 09:46 AM
Hi, I've gone throught my system and don't have any record of any Lang's Marine or anyone by the name of Tye or Ty. Was this ordered under a different name? This scenario seems a little odd. Please let me know ASAP. I'd like to find out what may have happened, because it just doesn't seem to make any sense.

phebus
01-26-2007, 10:50 AM
It's been two years, and you're just now following up on it? Wow, patient guy. :D

watergun4u
01-27-2007, 07:59 PM
hey dana, first of all i want you to know that i am not trying to start a bad thread on you, and i am not in any way saying that you are a cheat, so lets get that right from the get go, all i am saying is that i ordered a ski tow,and mount set up for a ultra boat, you set it to me in visalia ca, if you can remember i sent you pictures of the motor as it sat in the boat and set you mesurements of what i needed, and you set it to me, and i had to have the mounts welded on my self to asure proper fit, but when i got the kit, it did not have the bezel in with the kit, i dont have the recepit anymore, and i am not sure what i payed, i beleive it was around 450 but not sure, if you cant remember, then whatever, but i seen that you guys where on the boards now, so i just thought i would drop you a email and se if i could get the bezel,,and yes i am a patient guy! and dana again i am not trying to start a problem so i hope that you dont think i am! if it makes any difference, the motor it was for was a marine power, and again i sent you a set of pics as you asked me to do, so you could see what i was talking about!,, well glad you are on the boards and i wish you the best!

Dana Marine Products
01-28-2007, 09:49 AM
As per my original response, what name was this ordered under? I'm trying to help you. In order to do so, I need information. I don't feel as if you are making any implications of anyone being a cheat or anything of the sort. I answer 85 percent of all phone calls that come in here and I control all inbound emails. I have never heard of this situation until now. I'm not claiming that your ski pole purchase did not take place. I am simply saying I need more information from you so I can rectify (or clarify) the situation. That's how problems get solved. My position is still the same, a state of confusion on this subject. I've looked under lang, lang's, lang's marine, langs marine, ty, and tye. My sales reports would have shown any order that had any one of those names in it. I cannot locate any order. I want to help, but I need the name the order was placed under. The part in question is a basic off the shelf item. If we owe you the part, I'll be happy to give it to you. You don't need a copy of your original receipt, I'll look it up on my end. Also, please confirm the dimension of the ski pole, you mentioned it was 2.5". Not to say this is impossible, we build alot of ski pylons, but our normal ski poles are 2". Let's keep this thing above ground, I'm here to offer assistance and answers. My name is Bob, Thank you.

watergun4u
01-28-2007, 03:27 PM
Hi Bob, nice to meet you, I will call you on Monday, and see if we cant sort this out! Thanks Tye!

watergun4u
01-28-2007, 09:42 PM
It's been two years, and you're just now following up on it? Wow, patient guy. :D
You know I am patient, and as far as it being two years, I dont care if it was ten years, I am very good at what i do, and when I installed the ski tow, I left enough material to tuck under and make it a very clean installation, and it has lasted a long time, but now it is starting to fray, so I wanted to see about getting the bezel, I dont need people like you starting problems, with the comments you make, so just mind your own biz!!!!!! thanks!

watergun4u
01-28-2007, 09:51 PM
Hi Bob, I dont know, but maybe this will help you out, the customer, I ordered it for his name is Johnny Rolloff, it may come up under that name, or Rod @lang's marine and you are right it is a 2 inch pole, and it mounts to the thermostat housing, and has surport brackets that mount to the risiers the address it was sent to was 815 arlen ct visalia ca 93277, maybe that will help, if not, well I guess I will have to buy one again!
Thanks Tye

Dana Marine Products
01-29-2007, 08:38 PM
Ok, not to drag this out any further, but I just went thru roughly 800 orders looking for any order that has the name john, john rolloff, rolloff, roloff, rolof, or rod, and I'm not finding anything. I don't have any type of dealer account for a Lang's marine. I've searched for the name Lang's Marine in my dealer data base and I don't have any record of that account ever existing. At this point, it sounds like you need a ski pole bezel. I'd like to get you the part you need. Give me a call and we'll work something out. Thanks.

jbone
01-30-2007, 09:11 PM
In my purchasing of thousands of dollars in upgrades, I routinely confuse vendors with each other.
When I was reading this, it reminded me of several conversations with vendors to return or discuss a part ordered. After several minutes of searching the computer records, I realized I actually purchased the part elsewhere.
It was 2 years ago, maybe this happened in this case.
Bob doesn't know me by name, but he has taken care of me when either I have ordered the wrong part or the machining process was off slightly.
Once, I called him at 9am and 5pm that evening the new part arrived at my house in San Diego.
That is service.
I'm sure this will work out,
J

watergun4u
01-30-2007, 10:29 PM
Oh i have no dought this will work out ok, i am not worring, i have delt with dana for a long time a while ago, and when i talk to bob, or dana i think this will all work out, i just dont want to mention any names , bob, i will be intouch with you, and just so you and everybody else that reads this, i am in no way trying to get something for nothing, nor am i just making this up to get something for free, i do belive when i talk to him , it will be resolved i am not worried nor am i mad at anyone for this, it is kinda my fault for waiting for so long , but like i said it was a very clean installation. so it has worked and been just fine, but now its starting to fray alittle so i just wanted to see about getting it, if they say no, well i guess its my problem for not getting on it sooner i guess, even tho i did try to!

FryJet
02-06-2007, 12:09 PM
You know I am patient, and as far as it being two years, I dont care if it was ten years, I am very good at what i do, and when I installed the ski tow, I left enough material to tuck under and make it a very clean installation, and it has lasted a long time, but now it is starting to fray, so I wanted to see about getting the bezel, I dont need people like you starting problems, with the comments you make, so just mind your own biz!!!!!! thanks!
Jeez, why get all upset n chit? Now im not trying to start anything but if you wanted everyone to mind their own business you should have taken this up with Dana by phone, in a pm or email......whatever. You posted the thread in a open forum and Phebus was cracking a little joke, big damn deal. I agree though, how can you expect Dana to remember the order if you yourself cant even remember who's name the order was in? Throw the guy a bone, if you cant remember the facts then how should Dana. Dig through your "Lang's Marine" accounts payable paperwork you should have filed and help the guy out.
F.J.
F.J.

watergun4u
02-15-2007, 11:24 PM
FYI, I did call dana, and talked to him myself, and he told me that he would send it out, I gave him my address everytime I call him, I ordered it from him over the phone, and had it sent to my address in Visalia, he sent me all of the kit but the bezel, and like I said before I sent him pics so he could see what I was talking about as far as what it was being mounted to, and he set the kit and told me that I would have to weld the surports that mount to the riser, and thats what I did, and the pole and mount works and looks great, I have no complaint about that, I was just wondering if he could remember, and if he cant well then so be it, I no a GREAT fab Guy and I am sure that he can make what I need and work as good or if not better, so no big deal, !!!!!!!!!!!!!! just trying to get what I payed for and never got thats all!!!!!!!!!

Dana Marine Products
02-16-2007, 07:57 AM
[QUOTE=watergun4u;2395229 just trying to get what I payed for and never got thats all!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]
I see this thread still has a little fire in it, but I still haven't gotten that phone call so we can solve your problem.

watergun4u
02-16-2007, 09:18 PM
I see this thread still has a little fire in it, but I still haven't gotten that phone call so we can solve your problem.
there is no fire in it from me, i am fine, i just dont like being made to look like i am trying to get something for nothing, and what i am talking about is the comments that dont really need to be made, thats just how i feel, as far as the ski tow, no worries, i cant find the paper work eithier so i am out, thats my fault for not following up on it! just got kinda tired of calling and geting told it would be sent, and or that it was still being made, so i just quit calling, like i said before no worries, i'll have one made, and i hold no grude with you or your company at all!, you make great stuff and i will still get my stuff from you, so Bob, Dana, and all have a great day! enough to this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dana Marine Products
02-17-2007, 07:52 AM
If you choose to make a bezel, that is your decision, but as per my previous post, simply call me, we can work something out. I was prepared to send you one at no charge, simply due to the fact that it's not worth anymore energy. I have yet to receive that call providing me with your details. My name is Bob, 951-279-5005. If you wish to give me a call, I'll send the bezel for $0, hell, I'll even pay the shipping, let's just get on with it.

Taylorman
03-28-2007, 12:43 PM
Pick up the phone and call Dana instead of bringing this into a public forum.