PDA

View Full Version : Eliminator on Ebay

copterzach
01-26-2007, 08:09 AM
This sounds to good to be true :confused: 2003 Daytona Twin Ho's Sorry I do not know how to make a direct link to it
Ebay item number 140079040762

HocusPocus
01-26-2007, 08:13 AM
The price i want for this stunning boat is twenty thousand dollars.
hmm.. doesn't sound right. probably a scam according to his feedback he hasn't sold anything, just bought cheap stuff to get his feedback up.

RitcheyRch
01-26-2007, 08:18 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fse arch.dll%3Fcgiurl%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fcgi.ebay.co m%252Fws%252F%26fkr%3D1%26from%3DR8%26satitle%3D14 0079040762%26category0%3D%26submitSearch%3DSearch% 26fvi%3D1&item=140079040762
Seems odd that he/she has only sold small inexpensive items and now this. Sounds like someones ebay account has been scammed

AZJD
01-26-2007, 08:19 AM
Sounds a little weird to have the bidding starting at $1,200.00 and doest list the drives or any other detailed info!:idea:

HocusPocus
01-26-2007, 08:20 AM
also when you see this phrase "Please email me before placing any bids." then its a scam.

AZJD
01-26-2007, 08:22 AM
"The price i want for this stunning boat is twenty thousand dollars. For a very fast reply please email me directly at junelaineg@yahoo.com. Please email me before placing any bids. "
That should give it away right there! Engines and drives cost more than that!

Concept1
01-26-2007, 08:37 AM
After that email the follow up if at all will be you can have it for 2004 but it comes with no title and it might be a little warm to the touch...

topless
01-26-2007, 08:43 AM
Ok, sounds like a divorce and wifey is trying to sell his boat out from under him. That was my first thought anyway.

moneypit
01-26-2007, 08:50 AM
What the ad probably doesnt include is that once you email them for the rest of the info, you find that there is also a small monthly payment that you get to have.:D

Baja Big Dog
01-26-2007, 09:38 AM
This is the kind of crap that makes you wanbt to boycott EBay, this is and obvious scam and if you report it they wont do anything about it!!

Jbb
01-26-2007, 09:42 AM
I reported it...they thanked me for the heads up...and said they wont be getting back with me....:jawdrop:

abraman1326
01-26-2007, 10:10 AM
I emailed them. Once I see what's up I'll let y'all know...
BRA

Troy McClure
01-26-2007, 10:57 AM
The posting was deleted by ebay (I guess??)

abraman1326
01-30-2007, 09:42 AM
Here is the e mail I got back from the seller. Seems really shady to me. Another scam I'd imagine...
BRA
Hello Brandon and thank you for your interest for my boat 2003 Eliminator Daytona 28 feet 496 HO with trailer
First of all you should know that the boat is in excellent condition, mechanically and aesthetically intact, it's US model with US specs and it has less than 120 hours on it. For most of his life was keep on trailer in hangar in controled ambient.
The exterior is in excelent condition, the overall interior is pristine throughout, no rips, tears, burns, stains or worn spots anywhere, with normal wear.
Although my eBay account was initiated in United States, I'm relocated in Netherlands with my new job and I'm willing to ship the boat from here through Sea Cargo in container insured and cover the shipping and insurance fees to your location in US. The total price for boat and trailer is $20,000 USD with shipping included front to your door in about two weeks. The price is low because I don`t have a large hangar to keep it in good conditions and not enough time to use it, so I thought selling this boat through eBay would be a good idea giving the fact that I need some fast cash for buying a new car here.
I would like our deal to be supervised by eBay Motors. In case we have a deal I will notify eBay Motors Transactions department so they can inform you about my reliability and how we can proceed with this transaction in a 100% safe way.
So if you are ready to proceed just let me know your full name and address and I will notify eBay Motors so we can both get detailed information regarding proper payment, shipping and insurance to be used for this international deal.
Please let me know your position as soon as possible,
Nathan

707dog
01-30-2007, 10:10 AM
Can You Say ....s.c.a.m...

Baja Big Dog
01-30-2007, 10:30 AM
Here is the e mail I got back from the seller. Seems really shady to me. Another scam I'd imagine...
BRA
Hello Brandon and thank you for your interest for my boat 2003 Eliminator Daytona 28 feet 496 HO with trailer
First of all you should know that the boat is in excellent condition, mechanically and aesthetically intact, it's US model with US specs and it has less than 120 hours on it. For most of his life was keep on trailer in hangar in controled ambient.
The exterior is in excelent condition, the overall interior is pristine throughout, no rips, tears, burns, stains or worn spots anywhere, with normal wear.
Although my eBay account was initiated in United States, I'm relocated in Netherlands with my new job and I'm willing to ship the boat from here through Sea Cargo in container insured and cover the shipping and insurance fees to your location in US. The total price for boat and trailer is $20,000 USD with shipping included front to your door in about two weeks. The price is low because I don`t have a large hangar to keep it in good conditions and not enough time to use it, so I thought selling this boat through eBay would be a good idea giving the fact that I need some fast cash for buying a new car here.
I would like our deal to be supervised by eBay Motors. In case we have a deal I will notify eBay Motors Transactions department so they can inform you about my reliability and how we can proceed with this transaction in a 100% safe way.
So if you are ready to proceed just let me know your full name and address and I will notify eBay Motors so we can both get detailed information regarding proper payment, shipping and insurance to be used for this international deal.
Nathan
Gosh, that clears it up. The guy sound really down to earth, he's willing to pay the container freight, wow, did you get his address, Ive got a money order ready to send him!!! :eek: :eek:

1 Baja Guy
01-30-2007, 11:14 AM
Gosh, that clears it up. The guy sound really down to earth, he's willing to pay the container freight, wow, did you get his address, Ive got a money order ready to send him!!! :eek: :eek:
I think I know this guy. Was F'ed by him before. I sent him a Western Union Check "my MISTAKE" for some cell phones that was a "great deal" Never got them or my money back. tried anything. Wrote it off to experince a BAD one. Just thought I would pass this on.... Good Luck.. If it's to good to be true it most likely NOT!

ratso
01-30-2007, 11:37 AM
Fukk them pricks at ebay... security sucks and I get shit EVERY DAY from assholes trying to scam me, that all derives from ebay. I wish those fukks would go bankrupt!!!http://***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif

Funky
01-30-2007, 12:12 PM
BRA
Nathan
Sounds to me like one of those advance-fee scams. (Here's a website by a guy who likes to screw with the scammers: http://www.419eater.com/ ) I'm surprised he says he is in the Netherlands, instead of Nigeria. Don't give him any personal or banking info.

abraman1326
01-30-2007, 01:41 PM
I will not be sending him anything. I was just curious as to his scam. I sure hope noone get's taken by this one...
BRA

Zaairman
01-30-2007, 02:14 PM
It's a scamity scam scam. My ebay was hacked over the weekend. So was my email. Just friggin cute. Apparently, I was selling a Lexus. Too bad I don't own one.