PDA

View Full Version : UPS Guy?

Boozer
01-26-2007, 09:24 AM
Isn't there a UPS guy here on the boards that has helped members in the past with issues? I just received about $4,000 worth of damaged merchandise form UPS and the packaging the merchandise came in was severely torn up.
Any help would be appreciated.

Baja Big Dog
01-26-2007, 09:27 AM
In the time it took you to post and read this you could have called UPS and had the claim started.
At that value the potential for disaster is high if you dont do something NOW!!!
Now get off your computer and get on the phone, damit!!!:idea:

OCMerrill
01-26-2007, 09:45 AM
Let's hope it was shipped insured?
I have been down this path before. UPS helped me resolve it but it took many phone calls.
Ended up the shipper, determined by UPS, improperly packaged the item :eek: . In this case a component Pro Logic Decoder.
I received a new one, in perfect conditon...about one month later. The wait time pissed me off the most.

voodoomedman
01-26-2007, 10:06 AM
Isn't there a UPS guy here on the boards that has helped members in the past with issues? I just received about $4,000 worth of damaged merchandise form UPS and the packaging the merchandise came in was severely torn up.
Any help would be appreciated.
PM me the tracking #.
As stated before though call and get a claim started. Call whoever shipped it to you as well and let them know. Also set the stuff aside and leave it. Don't throw away any packaging. For that high amount it will need to be inspected. Hopefully they insured it. Could be improper packaging but we could have also screwed up royally. Get the ball rolling but also send me the tracking # and I'll give you what info I can.

Boozer
01-26-2007, 10:10 AM
I was on the phone filing the claim as I posted this. I'm just hoping to find out what I can to avoid as manay headaches as possible because the shipper is blaming UPS and UPS is going to be blaming the shipper. I'll get that PM'd to ya right away.

Screaming Pete
01-26-2007, 10:37 AM
this kind of reminds me of the time i sent out the Up's and Down's posters UPS in Fed Ex tubes i have never seen boxes so crushed and damages, but UPS paid for a reprint and reshipped, they just ask me not to use fed ex boxes again..........i guess their box handlers get a bit testy:D :D

voodoomedman
01-26-2007, 11:06 AM
this kind of reminds me of the time i sent out the Up's and Down's posters UPS in Fed Ex tubes i have never seen boxes so crushed and damages, but UPS paid for a reprint and reshipped, they just ask me not to use fed ex boxes again..........i guess their box handlers get a bit testy:D :D
Kind of dumb if our guys do that. Of course I'll bust them for screwing with any package. I laugh when I see the competition's boxes in our system. It means that we won the business. I do not agree with the continuation of it though as it is basically stealing from them. They provide those boxes for use with their service. Just as I don't like it if they use our boxes and materials to ship with the competition.

AZKC
01-26-2007, 01:35 PM
Turn them inside out:D and retape. USPS allways asks me those arn't Priority Mail boxes are they. I tell them nope Fed Ex. They smile and take the packages;)