PDA

View Full Version : Paging CHP LE... and others...

YeLLowBoaT
01-26-2007, 07:27 PM
how much is a ticket(+ impound and arrest) for going 164mph in a 45 mph construction zone going to hurt?
Lets just say I just got off the phone with a friend of mine...he called me instead of his wife. :D I have a feeling like the ass kicking she is going to give him is going to hurt more. :)

LHC30Victory
01-26-2007, 07:31 PM
This is bad, very bad...
I guess if ya can afford a car that goes that fast, you should be able to afford the ticket, fine, impound fees, insurance, insurance rate raise and a few passes to the policeman's ball :D
But, you're right, his ass is gonna get kicked when he gets home:jawdrop: = priceless :rolleyes:

Pussywhippled
01-26-2007, 07:49 PM
The least you could do is tell us what kind of car he was driving...

Wet Dream
01-26-2007, 07:52 PM
I'm going to guess it was a motorcycle and he's looking at 6 months suspension and 5 or 6 points.

Beer-30
01-26-2007, 08:02 PM
Around here, "over 100" is $1056 and 60 day suspension. DMV ultimately decides how many points. Unless it has been re-instated, the section for construction zone was repealed a year or so ago.

Ultracrazy
01-26-2007, 08:26 PM
He's lucky he is alive to call anyone..........

Huckleberry
01-26-2007, 08:31 PM
Anything over 100 MPH is an automatic suspension of his CDL for at least six months. Its been a while since I've been to traffic court, but is used to be over 100 fines started out in the area of $700 and went up real fast for every 10 MPH over 100 you were clocked at. I'm guestimating he's looking at a real ass whooping from his wife and around $1200 in fines. Oh, and just try to get insurance after having a suspended license for doing 164 MPH. OUCH!!!

YeLLowBoaT
01-26-2007, 09:11 PM
The least you could do is tell us what kind of car he was driving...
Porsche 993 turbo.( I think its a 97)

Ziggy
01-26-2007, 09:14 PM
DOH!!!!!!!!!!!
was he heading to Vegas?:confused:

RiverPirate
01-26-2007, 10:11 PM
I guess Traffic School is out of the question.

MudPumper
01-26-2007, 10:22 PM
I'm assuming they arrested him for wreckless which will include a 30 day impound on the car. At the going rate, just to get the car back will probably run him at least $2000. Suspended license, fines, etc........ $$$$$$$$ The fine for running a stop sign is around $350 so you do the math.
That's what he gets.:eek:

Beer-30
01-26-2007, 10:29 PM
I'm assuming they arrested him for wreckless which will include a 30 day impound on the car.
That's what he gets.:eek:
30 day impound would just be for unlicensed driver with priors for driving w/o a license.

MudPumper
01-26-2007, 11:00 PM
30 day impound would just be for unlicensed driver with priors for driving w/o a license.
According to my vehicle code......
23109.2 (a)(1) Whenever a peace officer determines that a person was engaged in any of the activities set forth in paragraph (2), the peace officer may immediately arrest and take into custody that person and may cause the removal and seizure of the motor vehicle used in that offense in accordance with Chapter 10. A motor vehicle so seized may be impounded for not more than 30 days.
(2)(B) Reckless driving on a highway, as descrobed in subdivision (a) of Section 23103.

Moneypitt
01-26-2007, 11:07 PM
According to my vehicle code......
23109.2 (a)(1) Whenever a peace officer determines that a person was engaged in any of the activities set forth in paragraph (2), the peace officer may immediately arrest and take into custody that person and may cause the removal and seizure of the motor vehicle used in that offense in accordance with Chapter 10. A motor vehicle so seized may be impounded for not more than 30 days.
(2)(B) Reckless driving on a highway, as descrobed in subdivision (a) of Section 23103.
Not much different than street racing. You and the car are off to jail. You bail out, and then find there is a hold on your car. Only then, do you realize you are in the wrong business and should own a tow/impound company.......MP
PS A friend told me all about this.......

MudPumper
01-26-2007, 11:13 PM
Not much different than street racing. You and the car are off to jail. You bail out, and then find there is a hold on your car. Only then, do you realize you are in the wrong business and should own a tow/impound company.......MP
PS A friend told me all about this.......
23109.2 Also covers motor vehicle speed contest (street racing)

Beer-30
01-26-2007, 11:14 PM
The only 30-day impound that CHP does, at this time, is for 14602.6. Other agencies may have different policies. If it was CHP that handled this caper, it was more than likely just stored under the arrest section. There is really no reason to actually impound, unless there are underlying factors.
California Vehicle Code (CVC) Sections 14602.6 and 14607.6
On January 1, 1995, new laws were enacted relating to unlicensed drivers. These laws, California Vehicle Code (CVC) Sections 14602.6 and 14607.6 authorize tow enforcement agencies to tow and impound vehicles for 30 days when driven by unlicensed, suspended, or revoked drivers. There is a possibility that the vehicle could be forfeited (taken from you by the state) if you have a prior conviction for driving while unlicensed, or with a suspended or revoked license.

Moneypitt
01-26-2007, 11:37 PM
[QUOTE=Beer-30;2360909]The only 30-day impound that CHP does, at this time, is for 14602.6. Other agencies may have different policies. If it was CHP that handled this caper, it was more than likely just stored under the arrest section. There is really no reason to actually impound, unless there are underlying factors.
Simple, underlining factor, SPEED. My god, 150+ on a highway.....People get killed at 70, a judge is gonna throw the book at him, and I doubt the arresting officer would give this idiot his car back right away if there was anyway to keep it for awhile. They impound (30 Day) street racer types that are just in the planning stages of a race, this moron's actions should result in substantial jail time. And, I'm betting it isn't the first time either..........MP

Pussywhippled
01-26-2007, 11:47 PM
[QUOTE=Simple, underlining factor, SPEED. My god, 150+ on a highway.....People get killed at 70, a judge is gonna throw the book at him, and I doubt the arresting officer would give this idiot his car back right away if there was anyway to keep it for awhile. They impound (30 Day) street racer types that are just in the planning stages of a race, this moron's actions should result in substantial jail time. And, I'm betting it isn't the first time either..........MP
Tell us how you really feel...

Moneypitt
01-26-2007, 11:56 PM
[QUOTE=Moneypitt;2360916]
Tell us how you really feel...
I feel great, yourself?......Seriously, imagine that clown slamming into the back of anything. Your car, my car, someones boat, hell a semi....It wouldn't be pretty.......Yes, they can and do impound for no license, no insurance, suspended etc etc etc.......But shit, 164 F'n MPH on a public roadway!!! I was busted back in the 60s for 110 on a deserted freeway at 3:30 AM. The officer wrote me for 99 so he didn't have to arrest me, or impound the car. (It was only a short burst of speed testing a drag car.) Big difference between 110 and 164, not to mention 40+ years more cars on the road today. I'll try to sugar coat things a little better in the future.......MP
Let me add, that car, at that speed, in a controled enviroment is not unsafe, but a public roadway is hadly a controled enviroment.