PDA

View Full Version : Freaky Dreams!

Her454
01-27-2007, 02:51 PM
Anyone know anything about dreams and what they are supposed to mean? I've been having some really strange ones lately and last nights dreams are really sticking with me today.
I was camping at our local lake just sitting by the fire with friends and it was night time..I saw this flash of light that looked like lightening. It was a HUGE airliner that flew so low it hurt my ears and exploded right before it hit the hillls above our campsite. The pieces were flying everywhere and they were all on fire and I could feel the heat from the flames and see pieces floating everywhere on the lake. I could hear screams from people and little kids stuff floating in the water but no people anywhere? The lake was lit up with pieces of debris and the hills behind our campsite caught fire and we had to run like hell. Next thing I know Im in the boat out there dodging pieces of plane and looking for people and finding nothing.... then Im 4wheeling with my sister (have only seen her once in about 5 years) in her old Jeep and we are climbing the hill trying to escape the fire and we roll her jeep down this steep incline and it scared the hell out of me and woke me up. I know, its freaky but I cant get it out of my mind today, it was so freaking real! I wonder what the hell our dreams mean when we dream shiat like that.:jawdrop:

Her454
01-27-2007, 02:52 PM
BTW, I was stone cold sober last night.................:rolleyes: :D

ratso
01-27-2007, 02:53 PM
I can fly...:D

YeLLowBoaT
01-27-2007, 02:54 PM
Planing( or thinking about) flying or camping?

ratso
01-27-2007, 02:55 PM
Anyone know anything about dreams and what they are supposed to mean? I've been having some really strange ones lately and last nights dreams are really sticking with me today.
I was camping at our local lake just sitting by the fire with friends and it was night time..I saw this flash of light that looked like lightening. It was a HUGE airliner that flew so low it hurt my ears and exploded right before it hit the hillls above our campsite. The pieces were flying everywhere and they were all on fire and I could feel the heat from the flames and see pieces floating everywhere on the lake. I could hear screams from people and little kids stuff floating in the water but no people anywhere? The lake was lit up with pieces of debris and the hills behind our campsite caught fire and we had to run like hell. Next thing I know Im in the boat out there dodging pieces of plane and looking for people and finding nothing.... then Im 4wheeling with my sister (have only seen her once in about 5 years) in her old Jeep and we are climbing the hill trying to escape the fire and we roll her jeep down this steep incline and it scared the hell out of me and woke me up. I know, its freaky but I cant get it out of my mind today, it was so freaking real! I wonder what the hell our dreams mean when we dream shiat like that.:jawdrop:
It probably has something to do with the shock of getting married... or all the sex you're having on a regular basis. http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif

Tom Brown
01-27-2007, 02:56 PM
I remember one time, I dreamed I was having sex with my hand..... and when I woke up... I was holding a fist full of myself! http://www.***boat.com/ubb/eek.gif

SummitKarl
01-27-2007, 03:11 PM
short version..........
woo..woo dance:D
JIC though.. I wouldn't plan a plane trip with your sister over a mountian lake for awhile:jawdrop:

Debbolas
01-27-2007, 03:45 PM
Gosh............I don't know Traci:jawdrop:
I use to have this re-accuring dream about a gigantic wave. I'm standing on the beach and this HUGE wave is looming over me. (I use to surf, so I'm not afraid of waves or the ocean or anything) But this wave just terrified me.
I once saw on a TV show that my dream is very common and it means I'm afraid to lose control. (I use to be a control freak ;) )
The jetliner crashing, and you're trying to help the survivors.
So, something beyond your control and you are trying to help, but you can't find the people to help them. I think the boat and the jeep are familar safe places for you to be while you search out these lost people.
I don't know, let me go find you a website.
http://www.dreammoods.com/

Her454
01-27-2007, 04:01 PM
Gosh............I don't know Traci:jawdrop:
I use to have this re-accuring dream about a gigantic wave. I'm standing on the beach and this HUGE wave is looming over me. (I use to surf, so I'm not afraid of waves or the ocean or anything) But this wave just terrified me.
I once saw on a TV show that my dream is very common and it means I'm afraid to lose control. (I use to be a control freak ;) )
The jetliner crashing, and you're trying to help the survivors.
So, something beyond your control and you are trying to help, but you can't find the people to help them. I think the boat and the jeep are familar safe places for you to be while you search out these lost people.
I don't know, let me go find you a website.
http://www.dreammoods.com/
Hmm, thats an interesting theory Deb, and I'll check out that website. I think some of it might be my getting layed off and its finally sinking in. I'm enjoying it and taking some time off but its still a weird feeling and hard to adjust to it. Not sure why I would dream about my sister except that we just recently started talking after alot of years. Strange stuff. Im afraid to go to sleep tonight.
And I think I'll take that advice and stay off airlplanes and the lake for awhile, just in case.:rolleyes: :D :jawdrop:

Boatcop
01-27-2007, 05:15 PM
Anyone know anything about dreams and what they are supposed to mean?
I wonder what the hell our dreams mean when we dream shiat like that.:jawdrop:
It means you're asleep.

centerhill condor
01-27-2007, 05:29 PM
picked a bad week to stop snortin' glue!

Biglue
01-27-2007, 05:30 PM
Amazing how a simple dream manages to really mess us up at times huh?

Flyinbowtie
01-27-2007, 07:36 PM
I think it is difficult to try to analyze dreams and attach reality to them.
Humans actively use about 10-12% of their brains; the rest of it is under the control of the subconscious. Sorta tough for the 10% to figure out what the 90% is doing, and/or why it is doing it. I have found that eating dinner too late at night changes my dreaming patterns.
When I was working and under a lot of work-related stress my dreams were much more violent than they seem to be nowadays. I'd agree that it is plausible that your mind is catching up with the new reality your work situation is presenting to you.

Kindsvater Flat
01-27-2007, 08:37 PM
My dreams just involve lots of women.

Kim Hanson
01-27-2007, 08:39 PM
BTW, I was stone cold sober last night.................:rolleyes: :D
See what happens when you freak out your inner self :D :D ............( . )( . )..........

Forkin' Crazy
01-27-2007, 09:30 PM
My dreams just involve lots of women.
Preferably nice looking ones with very little, if any, clothing on. :D
Just don't go flying or off roading in the near future... ;)

Forkin' Crazy
01-27-2007, 09:31 PM
I remember one time, I dreamed I was having sex with my hand..... and when I woke up... I was holding a fist full of myself! http://www.***boat.com/ubb/eek.gif
You have small hands? ;)

topless
01-28-2007, 04:27 AM
Sounds to me like you are subconciesly remembering things from your past all at once,,,,,plane almost landing on you, fires around where you live, daughter's friend camping and her friend wrecking his truck. Sounds as normal as me dreaming that a snake was trying to eat me.

SummitKarl
01-28-2007, 09:22 AM
Sounds to me like you are subconciesly remembering things from your past all at once,,,,,plane almost landing on you, fires around where you live, daughter's friend camping and her friend wrecking his truck. Sounds as normal as me dreaming that a snake was trying to eat me.
Ali,,, I think most girls have that dream:D

Ziggy
01-28-2007, 12:06 PM
I had one last night that my sister n law was giving me a B/J:idea: so when i woke up i told the wifey about it,well it an't your sister so you have to do it:D then mardonzi calls right in the middle of it:mad: :D SOB
answering machine ???
so did Don say hi to you for me like he promised? :)

Ziggy
01-28-2007, 12:11 PM
my wife has some of the most off the wall dreams..........what a loony tune.
a dream is a dream unless you work for the Phoenix DA's office and your last name is Arquette. ;)
or I can write a book about what dreams mean and make a fortune....I got plenty of experience with trying to figure out Jan's .....:eek: :D

Debbolas
01-29-2007, 08:04 AM
Ok, last night I had a dream that I was on this old wooden sailing ship. It was big and had several floors. We were sailing around to these islands that were "period" places. Everything there was from the 1800's and the people acted and dressed like the 1800's.
So we arrive at one island and my job is to take the lads leggins ashore to get them repaired. (the men had to wear these thick woolen leggins...they didn't like it much )
When I come back, we have a refrigerator with beer in it. My new job is to hand out the beer to the 15 lads. There was one other women, her man owned the boat.
Then I asked them why we were under engine power and not using the sails and they said my back wouldn't be able to pull the sails in.
:idea:

Ziggy
01-29-2007, 08:36 AM
Ok, last night I had a dream that I was on this old wooden sailing ship. It was big and had several floors. We were sailing around to these islands that were "period" places. Everything there was from the 1800's and the people acted and dressed like the 1800's.
So we arrive at one island and my job is to take the lads leggins ashore to get them repaired. (the men had to wear these thick woolen leggins...they didn't like it much )
When I come back, we have a refrigerator with beer in it. My new job is to hand out the beer to the 15 lads. There was one other women, her man owned the boat.
Then I asked them why we were under engine power and not using the sails and they said my back wouldn't be able to pull the sails in.
:idea:
I hear carnival music ;) :D :D
Was this your ship?
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23078&stc=1&d=1170088702

Debbolas
01-29-2007, 02:10 PM
maybe......................:D

Ziggy
01-29-2007, 02:25 PM
maybe......................:D
Arg, fetch me a beer lady..... ;)
how ya been Blondezilla? hope all's been well.:)

AzLakeLizard
01-29-2007, 02:33 PM
I had one last night that my sister n law was giving me a B/J:idea: so when i woke up i told the wifey about it,well it an't your sister so you have to do it:D then mardonzi calls right in the middle of it:mad: :D SOB
LMAO.. paybacks are a beeeaatch!:devil:

Ziggy
01-29-2007, 03:49 PM
no:D he's a bitch:D
ROTFLMAO........... :D

HCS
01-29-2007, 04:28 PM
My brother-in law had a dream that all he could smell was burning jet fuel.
He worked for the Air Force in the AWACS divsion. He flew every day.
Well he was freaked out by his dreams and told his wife he kept dreaming of burning jet fuel.
The next week his plane sucked up a bunch of Canadian geese in the turbines
on take off which caused the engines to stall.
The plane went down with 125,000 lbs of fuel. Needless to say it blew up into a
great big ball of flame. Everyone on board perished.
He told his wife that morning over breakfast that he did not want to board
that plane because of his dreams over burning jet fuel.
Unfortunately for him he did.
He was going to retire after 20 years of service at the end of that year.
True story.
Do dreams have meaning?? I'm not sure but that freaked me out.

HCS
01-30-2007, 04:43 PM
Oh ya. And before the flight he took his wedding ring off and put it in the
original case and stuffed in his fight jacket.
That was one of the very few things investigators found that was still in tacked.
It was in perfect condition, his widow wears it on a neckeless around her neck every day.
Tell me that isn't a little freaky.

HCS
01-30-2007, 04:50 PM
http://www.cnn.com/US/9509/alaska_crash/09-23/index.html
http://www.cnn.com/US/9509/alaska_crash/sidebar/index.html

Her454
01-30-2007, 05:05 PM
Oh ya. And before the flight he took his wedding ring off and put it in the
original case and stuffed in his fight jacket.
That was one of the very few things investigators found that was still in tacked.
It was in perfect condition, his widow wears it on a neckeless around her neck every day.
Tell me that isn't a little freaky.
Not only freaky but very sad. I know that when I was pregnant I kept dreaming that my baby was a girl........and it was. I also had dreams that I miscarried the next one, and did. Dreams are strange indeed.

ratso
01-30-2007, 05:23 PM
I was "visiting" an ex of mine in Granbury for a few days. One night I had this nightmare and was freaking out because I was dreaming that a huge snake was wrapping itself around my leg and I had hold of it while it was striking and hissing at me.:jawdrop: I jumped out of bed and was rolling on the floor trying to get this imaginary snake off of me, knocked a lamp off the nightstand, broke the mirror on her dresser, put a hole in the wall, busted my lip, and broke my damn toe kicking at everything... and she is screaming bloody murder thinking there is an intruder in the bedroom, while she's trying to switch her light on that's still sitting on her nightstand (about the only thing in the bedroom I haven't smashed or destroyed)... She gets the light on, and her eyes are filled with tears... not because she is still scared, but because she starts laughing so damn hard when she sees me butt ass naked laying on my back bleeding from just getting through kicking my own ass...
Neither of us slept the rest of the night, because my toe hurt so damn bad, and every 5 or 10 minutes she would bust out laughing...
We still talk about that night.:D

Racey
01-30-2007, 05:33 PM
I had a dream that i got into a full blown gun battle with a miami vice era Don Johnson

DILLIGAF
01-30-2007, 05:39 PM
Probably just the married life and getting settled in a new routine and all T :)
Nothing to worry about...unless you have the same dream over and over...

Ziggy
01-30-2007, 05:41 PM
That's really sad HCS.......... :(
I'm slightly callous to weird dreams because I hear so many from the wife, so I hope no one was offended by me.
RATSO------------ROTFLMAO, you just have the strangest things happen to you.
When I was much younger I'd have dreams of being in a Rally Race blasting along a cliffside, everything going good then suddenly falling off the cliff. I'd wake before ever hitting bottom(or even seeing the bottom) then sleep soundly again for the night.
Never seemed to relate to anything in my life........................yet ;)

ratso
01-30-2007, 06:02 PM
RATSO------------ROTFLMAO, you just have the strangest things happen to you.
;)
Maybe one day I'll wake up and realize it's all been a dream lol...:D

Misogynist
01-30-2007, 09:50 PM
Maybe one day I'll wake up and realize it's all been a dream lol...:D
Are you saying that you are living a "cliffhanger storyline" in your life Ratso?
Lemme see... Ratso lives in Texas..... Dallas is in Texas..... Ratso's life couldn't be any more colorful if it was scripted......Ok everyone.... We have to wait until next season to find out if Ratso is alive after having "murderess sex".... We'll see him in the shower and know it was all a dream......... :devil: ............ :D ( cut to commercial )......Pam and Bobby are once again back on Southfork.... oh... wait.... I mean Tina and Ratso are once again back at the Branch Davidian compound.... oh wait....I mean Ratso is back at the bar with strange women sitting on his lap.... :) Roflmao......... :D