PDA

View Full Version : get rid

EAZYKILLER2006
01-28-2007, 10:26 AM
whats the best way to get rid of pigeons? Those lil rat bastards nesting in our roof, really suck!:mad:

ratso
01-28-2007, 10:35 AM
Flamethrowers...

djunkie
01-28-2007, 10:37 AM
This works. :crossx: :crossx:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22988&stc=1&d=1170009427

Tom Brown
01-28-2007, 10:41 AM
Sometimes the sonic repellants work pretty well but not always.

shadow
01-28-2007, 10:43 AM
throw some bird seed in the neighbors yard.:D

shockwaveharry
01-28-2007, 10:47 AM
Chicken wire. staple it up where they hang out like under the roof eves or on a ledge. It doesn't eliminate them but it keeps them from nesting.

BoneDaddy
01-28-2007, 10:48 AM
As a Realtor I have seen several different ways that people have used to keep them away.
The most common is by installing chicken wire under the eaves, and in the popular nesting areas of your home. From the ground you can barely see the wire. Make sure you hose it off from time to time because the feathers and crap tend to stick to the wire.
Other method is by installing tack strips with the nail side up so that they cannot land. These are hard to see but when you do notice them they look pretty sinister.
A Red Rider BB gun can be fun too but, don't shoot your eye out!
BD

mrs.rvrluvr
01-28-2007, 10:51 AM
alka seltzer once they eat it their stomachs will explode:D

riverliver
01-28-2007, 10:54 AM
Try this ----> http://www.birdbgone.com/birdspike2001.htm

Riomouse911
01-28-2007, 11:02 AM
That won't work 100% if they're not nesting under the eaves. You have to get rid of them (the final solution), make them miserable, or find them another sucker who'll feed them so they'll go there or they'll keep returning. Little horror story about "the house on the block" where we live:
The first owners were Nigerian.. and they religeously fed pigeons in their yard. There were birds perched on their house like a statue in the park 24/7. They of course roosted on all of our houses as well, until we made life rough for them. The other neighbors were getting pissed too, and one asked the guy why they kept feeding the birds, but he wouldn't say (or stop). One other guy started poisoning them because they were everywhere. The Nigerian came over yelling at the guy poisoning the birds, saying that his family eats them and he was afraid he was going to get sick. These folks finally moved, but the damn birds remained, generation after generation. The next owner was sick of them all over, the bird crap and rotten eggs from their nests on the ground etc.. so she moved out and rented the place. The last renters were sick of it, too, and tried everything including battery powered owls, shooing them away, wire etc. They're still there
Get a .177 pellet gun w/scope at big 5, and a few very early morning shots will dissuade them. :)

BoneDaddy
01-28-2007, 11:10 AM
The Nigerian came over yelling at the guy poisoning the birds, saying that his family eats them and he was afraid he was going to get sick. :)
That is just not right!! Now, where are my porkrinds?

EAZYKILLER2006
01-28-2007, 11:33 AM
Chicken wire. staple it up where they hang out like under the roof eves or on a ledge. It doesn't eliminate them but it keeps them from nesting.
yea i will try that...then they cant get into the nest area...they the (pigeon remover company) said 1200$ to put some kind of "zapper" up there to "zap" them... but i thought that was kind of harsh:( ...dont want to hurt them lil buggas

SHOTKALLIN
01-28-2007, 12:05 PM
squirt thier asses with the water hose in the evening time. often. they will pick one of your neighbors houses. Pigeons are rats with wings. In downtown L.A. they walk the sidewalk with people and they don't even move out the way.

Baja Big Dog
01-28-2007, 12:11 PM
OWL'S
At the Depot, birds dont like them, we use them on shipping docks all the time.

Dezertrider
01-28-2007, 12:18 PM
Pigeons are rodents and deserve a rodents death.
I have spent 15 years running into these rats with wings fixing AC units. You walk across a commercial roof and these things scatter out of the smallest holes.
I have seen up to 3 feet of pigeon crap on one roof. It was a Bio Hazard and cost the guy about 40k to have it removed
Used to service the Yamaha Motor conpany and they had a cool set up with random fake Hawks flying around with a Hawks scream every now and then. No pegeons there
Just shoot em and trash em. Eventualy they will be gone. Paint balls are always fun

EAZYKILLER2006
01-28-2007, 12:27 PM
I have spent 15 years running into these rats with wings fixing AC units. You walk across a commercial roof and these things scatter out of the smallest holes.
I have seen up to 3 feet of pigeon crap on one roof. It was a Bio Hazard and cost the guy about 40k to have it removed
Used to service the Yamaha Motor conpany and they had a cool set up with random fake Hawks flying around with a Hawks scream every now and then. No pegeons there
Just shoot em and trash em. Eventualy they will be gone. Paint balls are always fun
yea:( i guess :( like hubby says...f them lil bastards...he will have "the company" set up the zapper thing:( next week, when we are out there(after the boatshow we roll cant wait)...CANT be any worse than shooting them...hey , and i am a GREAT SHOT:D IF I MUST SAY SO MYSELF...

mmered8299
01-28-2007, 12:34 PM
Pellet gun works for me. We had a bug/pigeon guy come by and load up a pan full a corn to attrack the birds. Then next week he would load up the pan again with corn soaked in some kind of posion. We saw the bird flying into the sides of the houses, waking in front of moving cars, they were all messed up. Both techniques are entertaining.

MR.rvrluvr
01-28-2007, 12:38 PM
you could always move

77charger
01-28-2007, 12:55 PM
BBgun there(were)a few that would sit on the roof or wire on my house to get some of the dogs food.I walk out they go to the roof or wire get out the daisy and pump it one time it hits them and they fly after couple times they dont come back.
If you kill them and drop them then you have to dipose of then too much work for me.

DSW
01-28-2007, 01:00 PM
Mix some bird seed and rat poison...

4DAY4PLAY
01-28-2007, 01:03 PM
We had them under our eves last year and they shit all over the place and were noisy. We hired someone for $150 and he put up chicken wire were they were hanging out, and also put down some type of gel were they would land. Since then, they havent been back. The guy told us they would look for the nearest house like ours (across the street) and move there, in which they did within a few days. I was going to do it myself until i heard they carry all kinds of diseases and mites that get on your skin and clothes while your disposing of there nests......no thanks, well worth the $150. Found it in the yellow pages under pest control.

77charger
01-28-2007, 01:14 PM
Try this ----> http://www.birdbgone.com/birdspike2001.htm
Seen those on the traffic lights in anaheim by disneyland.

bchbum
01-28-2007, 05:15 PM
Popcorn covered in the hottest hot sauce you can get . Put it where only they can reach it . They will leave for water & won't come back .

KreatinKaos
01-28-2007, 05:50 PM
It took me two years of hard work with a pellet gun to get them to stay out of my yard :devil: Rice mixed with bird feed works too :devil:

EAZYKILLER2006
01-28-2007, 06:48 PM
right here ,fake plastic owls,just put them on the roof or in site no more p-g's:D
lol both our neighbors have fake plastic owls...the pigeons are perched on their heads...

Mrs.Racer277
01-28-2007, 07:07 PM
I think I have a nest or 2 in my AC unit in Havi???
Guess this is a bad thing :confused:

Psycho Squid
01-28-2007, 07:15 PM
right here ,fake plastic owls,just put them on the roof or in site no more p-g's:DEveryone say's the plastic owl is the ticket. We set one up, came home to find a pigeon sitting on it's head. :D Shot him off with a crossman bb gun. They must have all left with the one I shot. They haven't been back!

Ken F
01-28-2007, 07:26 PM
Get in touch with the local bird club. Invite some falconers over for target practice.

moneypit
01-28-2007, 07:43 PM
This blue bed appears to match the Blue Carpet... The interesting thing is that is also appears to be sagging in the middle...:D
This works. :crossx: :crossx:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22988&stc=1&d=1170009427

Mrs.Racer277
01-28-2007, 07:50 PM
This blue bed appears to match the Blue Carpet... The interesting thing is that is also appears to be sagging in the middle...:D
OMG the blinds are blue also.....Let's hope it is the camera and not his room ;) ;)