PDA

View Full Version : Another "Get Rid" Question

BoneDaddy
01-28-2007, 10:54 AM
Anyone know how to keep the rabbits off my grass and killing it? Every night there are 4-8 of the little b@st@rds eating and crapping on my grass.

shockwaveharry
01-28-2007, 11:03 AM
Secure the perimiter. Chicken wire burried below the fence will stop them. I haven't done it yet but I'm going to. I used to have my cats out doors and they kept the rabbits out of the yard for years.
I don't know what I'll do when I have an iron fence in the back though.

djunkie
01-28-2007, 11:06 AM
Are they cottontails? If so use this and fry those suckers up. They're great eating. :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22992&stc=1&d=1170011173

Not So Fast
01-28-2007, 11:06 AM
Pellet rifle, they learn real fast. NSF

BoneDaddy
01-28-2007, 11:16 AM
Are they cottontails? If so use this and fry those suckers up. They're great eating. :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22992&stc=1&d=1170011173
They are those ugly kind...jack rabbit maybe??
I'm not much of a rabbit eater.

djunkie
01-28-2007, 11:18 AM
They are those ugly kind...jack rabbit maybe??
I'm not much of a rabbit eater.
Well then they still make great targets. :D :D

ryantparks
01-28-2007, 11:25 AM
pellet gun from big 5 worked for me also.

Mandelon
01-28-2007, 11:27 AM
I saw on TV this morning some kind of chemical repellant that you spray on your garden with a pump sprayer. Makes the grass and plants taste bitter and nasty to them. Spray it on every few weeks.
A dog.
Pellet Gun or even a simple airsoft gun from Big 5.
A fence.

BoneDaddy
01-28-2007, 11:33 AM
I saw on TV this morning some kind of chemical repellant that you spray on your garden with a pump sprayer. Makes the grass and plants taste bitter and nasty to them. Spray it on every few weeks.
A dog.
Pellet Gun or even a simple airsoft gun from Big 5.
A fence.
I think that spray on stuff will wash off every time the sprinklers come on.
Got a dog already...well sort of. Our cat is bigger than the dog. May have to look into this again.
We have a fence already. The little suckers come from way down the street and snack on all the lawns on the way up and down the street.
I may look into the Airsoft gun. I'll get some feedback from my neighbors.

SHOTKALLIN
01-28-2007, 12:22 PM
Daisy pump

Wet Dream
01-28-2007, 12:30 PM
Greyhounds work wonders. :D

GunninGopher
01-28-2007, 01:42 PM
Greyhounds work wonders. :D
Yeah, drink greyhounds while you shoot them with the gun!!
I have rabbits, at least a dozen come on my lawn every night. The gophers are the real problem, though. I've about given up.

DMOORE
01-28-2007, 01:53 PM
Rabbits are easy, Gamo air gun, 1000FPS. $160 from Big 5. Done deal.
I have rabbits, at least a dozen come on my lawn every night. The gophers are the real problem, though. I've about given up.[/QUOTE]
I had a mole last summer. Damn they can make a mess real fast. The problem with them is, they never come above ground to shoot! I used the poison smoke bombs every other nite for a week. Finally took care of the bastard. Works on gophers too. You just have to plug thier escape routes.
Darrell.

GunninGopher
01-28-2007, 01:56 PM
I had a mole last summer. Damn they can make a mess real fast. The problem with them is, they never come above ground to shoot! I used the poison smoke bombs every other nite for a week. Finally took care of the bastard. Works on gophers too. You just have to plug thier escape routes.
Darrell.
I must have at least 50 of those gopher bombs buried in my yard now.
My kid loves to watch me do 'em. I think it just gets the ones I have now high, doesn't kill 'em.

BoneDaddy
01-28-2007, 02:19 PM
I just grabbed the Big5 ad in the paper. Found a Spring Air pistol (AirSoft type) for $11.99. It should shoot just under 300fps. I'll try that.
And maybe a few Greyhounds too! Blue Ice is the best Vodka. Made in USA with Idaho potatoes. SSShhhh I'm huntin' wabits!

Kachina26
01-28-2007, 02:52 PM
Pellet rifle, they learn real fast. NSF
No they don't, but it's good fun.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
01-28-2007, 03:50 PM
Go to your barber shop and get a bag of human hair and spread it around. You can also get coyote urine online and spray it around

Nord
01-28-2007, 04:31 PM
The chemical is usually dog or wolf urine. It leaves yellow spots on the lawn, but it is pretty effective. As far as the gun thing, it can be illegal depending on where your located. My parents have them really bad and have given up. There front lawn can't be fenced in or else it would be an eye sore so I understand your issue :(

BoneDaddy
01-28-2007, 04:46 PM
The chemical is usually dog or wolf urine. It leaves yellow spots on the lawn, but it is pretty effective. As far as the gun thing, it can be illegal depending on where your located. My parents have them really bad and have given up. There front lawn can't be fenced in or else it would be an eye sore so I understand your issue :(
My dog pees on the front lawn and has left some dead spots. This doesn't seem to discourage the rabbits???
The gun thing, is it shooting the rabits thats illegal or is it a gun in public? As far as I know an AirSoft plastic BB gun should be okay as long as I am not shooting my neighbors or their property.
What is your opinion?

BoneDaddy
01-28-2007, 04:48 PM
Go to your barber shop and get a bag of human hair and spread it around. You can also get coyote urine online and spray it around
How much hair are we talking about? A layer of hair or just a sprinkle on top? Have you tried this with success?

YeLLowBoaT
01-28-2007, 04:52 PM
Most populated areas of CA is illegal to discharge a firearm. I would try the wire under ground 1st... For every one you shoot there are 5 more you never see. also trap work very well. Most "old time" hardware stores have them. Then just take them to a field some where and release them.
I am a pretty strong beleave that you should never kill anything, unless you plan on eatting it or its a health related( IE rats/mice)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-28-2007, 04:56 PM
It's garlic. Get some garlic juice at the grocery store and water it down. I use one bottle per gallon. Then spray it around the perimeter. Yes, the water will wash it away, so spray it around the outside area. I use this around my grape vines to keep the rabbits and ground squirrels from eating my grapes. One year they ate every single grape!! 9 vines!! I bought the stuff from the local garden supply house (where the pros shop) and I noticed the main ingredient was garlic juice. It was $20 for the bottle and I had a large area to do so I said F-that! and made my own. You have to spray every couple of weeks though. I got grapes this year. Bushels of 'em.

BoneDaddy
01-28-2007, 04:57 PM
Most populated areas of CA is illegal to discharge a firearm. I would try the wire under ground 1st... For every one you shoot there are 5 more you never see. also trap work very well. Most "old time" hardware stores have them. Then just take them to a field some where and release them.
I am a pretty strong beleave that you should never kill anything, unless you plan on eatting it or its a health related( IE rats/mice)
Is a plastic BB gun a firearm? This shouldn't kill the rabbits, just scare them off and hopefully not come back.
What is the wire underground?

BoneDaddy
01-28-2007, 05:00 PM
It's garlic. Get some garlic juice at the grocery store and water it down. I use one bottle per gallon. Then spray it around the perimeter. Yes, the water will wash it away, so spray it around the outside area. I use this around my grape vines to keep the rabbits and ground squirrels from eating my grapes. One year they ate every single grape!! 9 vines!! I bought the stuff from the local garden supply house (where the pros shop) and I noticed the main ingredient was garlic juice. It was $20 for the bottle and I had a large area to do so I said F-that! and made my own. You have to spray every couple of weeks though. I got grapes this year. Bushels of 'em.
Home remedies that don't require milking a wolf, dog or coyote! I like it this idea!

bchbum
01-28-2007, 05:01 PM
Never tried this but cut the end of a extension cord . Put the wires on metal rods ,insert into the wet grass . When they come on the grass plug it in . We did this when I was young to get worms for lake fishing . Before I get flamed I love animals .

YeLLowBoaT
01-28-2007, 05:04 PM
Chicken wire... go around your fence line and dig about a 1 ft down, place the wire and tack it to the fence posts 2ft above.
Basicly anything that goes bang is a fire arm. Airsoft and Air rifles are generally not consitered firearms.( unless they are used in a crime)

BoneDaddy
01-28-2007, 05:31 PM
Chicken wire... go around your fence line and dig about a 1 ft down, place the wire and tack it to the fence posts 2ft above.
Basicly anything that goes bang is a fire arm. Airsoft and Air rifles are generally not consitered firearms.( unless they are used in a crime)
Thanks for the clarification.:)

KreatinKaos
01-28-2007, 05:57 PM
I like to shoot them , they are great in the crockpot , my neighbors cat gets most of the baby rabbits :devil: I find that .22CB longs work better on the larger rabbits and woodchucks ... quieter than a high powered airgun too :devil:

Mandelon
01-28-2007, 06:23 PM
How much hair are we talking about? A layer of hair or just a sprinkle on top? Have you tried this with success?
Get out the clippers and shave your whole body.....then sprinkle them around the perimeter of the house. And then post a pic. I could use a good laugh. :D

BoneDaddy
01-28-2007, 08:26 PM
Get out the clippers and shave your whole body.....then sprinkle them around the perimeter of the house. And then post a pic. I could use a good laugh. :D
I don't quite understand how a picture of my house would give you a good laugh??;)

BoneDaddy
01-28-2007, 08:30 PM
Unless you are talking about taking a picture of a 5'10", 240 lb, bald, naked adult male? That's not funny, that's just wrong....just ask my wife!

Jesster
01-28-2007, 08:38 PM
Unless you are talking about taking a picture of a 5'10", 240 lb, bald, naked adult male? That's not funny, that's just wrong....just ask my wife!
Or you could ask me.. :idea: :D

BoneDaddy
01-28-2007, 08:46 PM
Or you could ask me.. :idea: :D
Poking fun at myself is okay but, it is not okay for you to poke me!

Jesster
01-29-2007, 07:16 PM
Poking fun at myself is okay but, it is not okay for you to poke me!
:eek: :rolleyes: :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-29-2007, 07:50 PM
Since you live in Wildomar, I'll let you in on a super secret place. L&M Fertilizer in Temecula. Not sure of the street, but it's right next to the creek near the CHP office. They have all kinds of goodies and expert advice. They sell John Deeres there also, so look for the big greens. They will have blood meal there (that's a good idea! ). They also had the garlic concoction.

BoneDaddy
01-29-2007, 08:24 PM
What store is garlic juice at. I was just at Albertsons looking in the spice aisle and couldn't find any. Is it in one of the ethnic sections or a different store (Staters, Ralphs etc.).

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-29-2007, 09:06 PM
I think I got it at Staters. In the spice aisle. French's makes it.

BoneDaddy
01-29-2007, 09:09 PM
I think I got it at Staters. In the spice aisle. French's makes it.
I'll be heading to Staters tommorrow.
Thanks!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-29-2007, 09:12 PM
Call first. Make them look for you :D
MMSW<----worked in a grocery store for a lotta years.