PDA

View Full Version : Never ceases 2 amaze me...

locogringo
01-28-2007, 02:13 PM
:D Thought I wiuld share this with everyone interested.
There is this store called 'Curacao' which obviously caters 2 people of the Spanish descent. I decided to amuse myself and find out what it was all about (this place, about the size of a Costco is always packed). So, I go in 2 check it out and I am instantly overwhelmed, as if by a sense of vertigo, of being in a 3rd world country. Kids running around without shoes on, a melee of disorganization, and a blaring ensemble of music with an emphasis of tubas "umpa-lumpaing" along with a rusty sort of bass.
I smile 2 myself at the ability to juxstapose myself so rapidly into another culture. I didn't even need to take a flight!
I then decide to try my luck and acquaint myself with a "Curacao" employee to see if she could guide me to the appropriate section of toilet tissue. She looks at me as if I just descended from heaven and told me in broken English that she no undestand. I try a few more employees and soon discover that the underlying prerequisite is that u speak Spanish or you will be so absconded.
Again, as I stated in the topic of this post, it never ceases to amaze me that in the good ole US of A, I can feel so out of place.
Just some Sunday amusement 4 you.

Screemy1
01-28-2007, 02:20 PM
yeah... and they will charge you more for shit.... My sis in law is hispanic and she went with me to get some meat for carne asada... I come back and she said we needed more, I said it was expensive.... she said come with me.... she orders they same damb thing in spanish from the butcher.... viola the same meat a a 1/4 of the cost...... she just looked at me and smiled saying.... see we mexicans are good for getting you cheap steak AND PICK your veggies..... it was funny, but later I was pissed thinking about how they were gonna rip me off......

slowinhavasu
01-28-2007, 02:20 PM
That's what you get for going to OUR store. Stay in Albertsons whitey....lol
You didn't sing to her in spanish ????
I was watching Hogan knows best. There down in Florida somewhere they didn't evev speak english in the Subway store.....:eek:

Riverless
01-28-2007, 02:21 PM
Well I can tell you that I was in the country of Curacao a year ago and it is actually one of the islands of the Netherlands Antilles, and the official language is Dutch not Spanish. :confused:

Wet Dream
01-28-2007, 02:28 PM
There is this store called 'Curacao' which obviously caters 2 people of the Spanish descent. I decided to amuse myself and find out what it was all about (this place, about the size of a Costco is always packed). So, I go in 2 check it out and I am instantly overwhelmed, as if by a sense of vertigo, of being in a 3rd world country. Kids running around without shoes on, a melee of disorganization, and a blaring ensemble of music with an emphasis of tubas "umpa-lumpaing" along with a rusty sort of bass.
I smile 2 myself at the ability to juxstapose myself so rapidly into another culture. I didn't even need to take a flight!
I then decide to try my luck and acquaint myself with a "Curacao" employee to see if she could guide me to the appropriate section of toilet tissue. She looks at me as if I just descended from heaven and told me in broken English that she no undestand. I try a few more employees and soon discover that the underlying prerequisite is that u speak Spanish or you will be so absconded.
Again, as I stated in the topic of this post, it never ceases to amaze me that in the good ole US of A, I can feel so out of place.
So, the guy that has no clue about hispanics has the name "locogringo"?
You are so right. Some things never cease to amaze me.

centerhill condor
01-28-2007, 02:32 PM
no doubt.. the naacp is protesting that you get the same treatment as everybody else...Jesse and al have a booth to help you fit in via litigation?

HocusPocus
01-28-2007, 02:34 PM
as a former long haul trucker i had many loads going down to Miami, every warehouse i delivered to it was almost impossible to find someone to speak english.

THATJEFFGUY
01-28-2007, 06:27 PM
Hey Daniel...are you sure that wasn't a Super Wal-Mart you were in? :D

C-2
01-28-2007, 07:03 PM
So, the guy that has no clue about hispanics has the name "locogringo"?
You are so right. Some things never cease to amaze me.
That's pretty funny :)
------------
You've gotta admit - when you go into an ethnic store (Persian, Asian or Hispanic), you gotta expect.....well, Persian, Asian or Hispanic culture and language.
There are some good bargains to be had, for example Tilapia. At the whitey store, it's 5.99 per pound; at El Tapatio, it's $2.49. Same fish, same source. Cucumbers .99 each, at the barrio store, 3 for .99.
Just the other day I asked my wife if seh would ever go into El Tapatio by herself. "You fawkin stupid" was her response.
Thanks for sharing :)

robk
01-28-2007, 07:30 PM
Is that the place off the 10 between the 30 and 215? I always wondered what that was...