PDA

View Full Version : MS Outlook Question

Huckleberry
01-28-2007, 05:59 PM
My laptop is melting down and is going to be taken back under warranty. I need to get all my email contacts off the laptop and put them onto a flash drive so I can copy them onto the new laptop. I've tried to "export" thing on previous computers and could not make it work right. Can anyone walk me through how to do this? It seems like this should be so easy to do, but for some reason I can't figure it out. :confused:

Jetaholic
01-28-2007, 06:11 PM
My laptop is melting down and is going to be taken back under warranty. I need to get all my email contacts off the laptop and put them onto a flash drive so I can copy them onto the new laptop. I've tried to "export" thing on previous computers and could not make it work right. Can anyone walk me through how to do this? It seems like this should be so easy to do, but for some reason I can't figure it out. :confused:
I know in Outlook Express, you go "Tools>Address Book". Highlight all your contacts in the list, and drag & drop them to anywhere you want.
Might be the same for Outlook as well.

Huckleberry
01-28-2007, 06:33 PM
Well, that was way to frigging easy! Thanks !!! :D

Jetaholic
01-28-2007, 06:34 PM
Well, that was way to frigging easy! Thanks !!! :D
Don't mention it. :D

Jesster
01-28-2007, 08:11 PM
select File >> Import Export>> expoort to a file>> personal folder file (.pst)>> highlight contacts>> Browse to where you would like to save it>> Finish
That will take care of it. :)

Huckleberry
01-28-2007, 08:35 PM
select File >> Import Export>> expoort to a file>> personal folder file (.pst)>> highlight contacts>> Browse to where you would like to save it>> Finish
That will take care of it. :)
Will I be able to import it again on the new laptop? Or am I better off with the copies I made like Jetaholic said to do???

Heater
01-28-2007, 08:42 PM
Will I be able to import it again on the new laptop? Or am I better off with the copies I made like Jetaholic said to do???
Yes you will be able to import it.......

Charley
01-28-2007, 09:00 PM
consider applying to Plaxo in the future, its a plug in for outlook... it's free, it automatically keeps your contact changes and all those who make changes to their contact details "synchronized" with your outlook...and if your HD ever goes south it is stored on the web and is as simple as a Download if you get a new computer. I think the premium service is $40 a year which looks for duplicates and a few other handy little services:D

Huckleberry
01-29-2007, 02:24 PM
consider applying to Plaxo in the future, its a plug in for outlook... it's free, it automatically keeps your contact changes and all those who make changes to their contact details "synchronized" with your outlook...and if your HD ever goes south it is stored on the web and is as simple as a Download if you get a new computer. I think the premium service is $40 a year which looks for duplicates and a few other handy little services:D
Cool deal. Thanks.

Jesster
01-29-2007, 07:14 PM
Its essentialy the same: select File >> Import Export>> import from another program or file>> personal folder file (.pst)>> Browse to where you stored it>> Finish
It works every time the only problem I have ever seen is when somebody password protects the file and then forgets the password. :idea: