PDA

View Full Version : Ebay feed back question, would you?

Magic34
01-29-2007, 05:25 PM
I bought a custom Arctic Cat prowler on EBay back in December. I heard about it from a guy on another forum I frequently visit, and I made my bid just about 45 seconds before the auction ended. I was the winning bidder and I paid the full amount and took delivery the very next day. The ad said I had 7 days, but the next day after the auction ended, I had a cashier's check to buy it.
Well, they didn't have the title for me at that time. No big deal, I have a signed contract and if need be I can find them. Well, over 1 month goes by and no title.
Here is where it gets interesting. The guy that I found out about the good deal from on ebay is the seller's business partner. This same guy from the forum was the original owner as well and "sold" it to his partner. So after attempts to get the seller to give me the title, I start contacting his partner from the forum. It never left the partner's name, and the deal is still good, just a different guy has to get the title done. After a little over 5 weeks, I get the title.
Now here comes the question. The seller is leaving me messages about leaving him a positive feedback. I simply ignored the feedback request when EBay sent it to me. He had great feedback in the past, and he gave me a great feedback as well (not that I even care since I rarely buy anything there).
I dont think I should leave a negative feedback score because of his buddy on the other site. I dont want to start any drama between him and I over there and I think that they both sell stuff together on EBay. I just want to ignore the feedback. This guy wants me to give him positive feedback and after about 2-3 weeks into this deal, the only person I had talked to or communicated with was his partner.
The only favor these guys did for me was to bring the Prowler from Scottsdale to Chandler (20 minute trip each way). In turn, I gave each of them a detail kit of mine worth $100 each, so $200 in products total value. With his delay, I was not out any money, just more annoyed with the lack of communication and that I had to chase this.
If someone bought something from another board member via EBay and didn't feel the deal was taken care of in a fair amount of time, what would you do in this situation?

Ziggy
01-29-2007, 05:30 PM
Just tell him you never rate anyone and won't change your way.
Mom always said if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

Riverguy92345
01-29-2007, 05:30 PM
sounds like a funny deal..you owe this guy nothing.

Magic34
01-29-2007, 05:37 PM
Just tell him you never rate anyone and won't change your way.
Mom always said if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.
That was my feelings. I didn't wantt o give a negative, I simply wanted to ignore it. He didn't do me any favors, and I feel that if this was ANY other person that would have bought this off him on EBay, they would have got EBay involved in the whole thing because it felt a little strange at 1 point.
Remember, I have not talked to this guy since about 2 weeks after I bought it. The remaining communication was with his partner (other forum member). The guy never called once to give me an update, just left me messages about giving him some feedback.

blown65
01-29-2007, 05:39 PM
I'd prob leave none. Doesnt really warrent negative, and def not positive. Problem is, you leave nuetral and they usually get all pissy and leave negative on you.

BadKachina
01-29-2007, 05:44 PM
After reading your post, did you get what you paid for? If you got what you paid for, minus the title being late, than why not leave him feedback and move on? He completed his end of the bargain so just click positive and go on with your life. You don't have to write anything if you don't feel like it.

Magic34
01-29-2007, 05:56 PM
After reading your post, did you get what you paid for? If you got what you paid for, minus the title being late, than why not leave him feedback and move on? He completed his end of the bargain so just click positive and go on with your life. You don't have to write anything if you don't feel like it.
True, but I had to chase it.
I may go this route.

ratso
01-29-2007, 05:59 PM
That would be my approach... basically it's a done deal now.

Baja Big Dog
01-29-2007, 10:31 PM
Try this, was your experience with this seller bad (or negitive)? if yes then post to protect future buyers, that is the reason they have the feedback program, to protect the future customers.
Was your experience "not so negitive", then post neutral, does not effect his percent numbers, but enlightens future customers.
Was your experience good, then post positive.
SIMPLE

Jrocket
01-29-2007, 10:39 PM
Sounds like they had to get the title themselves before they could give it to you?
I wouldnt give him pos.Tell him you thought it was nicer to not give anything,over giving a nuetral or bad one.Leave it at that.

Kim Hanson
01-29-2007, 11:44 PM
I have not been buying from ebay before 2007 and I got some stuff biddin on and won! Sent money order cause of the have to wait for that stupid # for PayPal and it has been like 2 weeks and nothing and I get this alert :mad: I sent him back all the money order #'s and tracking #'s...weird I got a recieved payment about 30 minutes after I sent that shit to him :jawdrop: ........( . )( . )............
Totally disrecard all of what I have just said, makes no sense even to me :D

Misogynist
01-30-2007, 01:24 AM
That would be my approach... basically it's a done deal now.
Too bad there isn't a feedback site for ex-wives and girlfriends.. ...... ehhh Ratso?....... :devil:

01-30-2007, 04:24 AM
Yah .Leave him positive feedback, and just state it was a great transaction because it only took five fukkin weeks to complete it! Screw him, he dint seem to care about feedback when you were chasing down the title. He should have had the title in his hand when you gave him the check!

Jbb
01-30-2007, 04:41 AM
I have not been buying from ebay before 2007 and I got some stuff biddin on and won! Sent money order cause of the have to wait for that stupid # for PayPal and it has been like 2 weeks and nothing and I get this alert :mad: I sent him back all the money order #'s and tracking #'s...weird I got a recieved payment about 30 minutes after I sent that shit to him :jawdrop: ........( . )( . )............
:D

Liberator TJ1984
01-30-2007, 06:14 AM
Just leave a nuteral feedback and be done with it :rolleyes:

PHX ATC
01-30-2007, 06:42 AM
No feedback at all.
What's he going to do, take away your birthday?:)

INSman
01-30-2007, 07:36 AM
I would tell him that if he really wants the feedback, you are only willing to give "Neutral" with a note of the delay. So he has his choice. No feedback or Neutral at best.

Boozer
01-30-2007, 07:42 AM
Feedback on Ebay is a joke anymore. Most people wont leave negative feedback because sellers wait for the buyers to give their feedback before returning it and a buyer isn't going to give negative feedback because he doesn't want tor isk the seller getting pissy and giving negative feedback to him.
For example, anytime I buy something off of Ebay I make payment within 5 minutes. So... wouldn't it make sense for the seller to give me feedback at that point saying something like "Prompt payment, easy transaction, Great Ebayer!"? Instead I always get a message from the seller saying something like "Thanks for the prompt payment, don't forget to leave us positive feedback and we will do the same for you."
Luckily I haven't had to many problems with people on Ebay. Other then some sellers do not know how to effectively communicate. I am currently waiting on 2 sellers to get back to me on questions I asked them last week. If it weren't for the fact that their prices blow any local retailer out of the water I'd buy the sh*t elsewhere.

Baja Big Dog
01-30-2007, 08:16 AM
Huh...note to Kim...dont post after 11:00 PM!!!!:jawdrop:

Baja Big Dog
01-30-2007, 08:19 AM
I agree with Jrocket! I have sold as well as bought on ebay, I've completed over 1000 transactions and my feedback is 100% Positive. I had a situation similar to yours and finally decided to leave the guy positive feedback, the only comment I left was "Thanks" This fokken dude sent me messages for months, saying that my feedback had "negative undertones" and he didn't appreciate it! I'm thinking he has a guilty conscience http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/1474/dunnoym2.gif (http://imageshack.us) So after that experience if I'm unsure I don't leave anything. (unless I get fokked, then I leave negative)
~Bilge
I agree:sqeyes:

ratso
01-30-2007, 08:31 AM
Too bad there isn't a feedback site for ex-wives and girlfriends.. ...... ehhh Ratso?....... :devil:
I think there is a site something like that... It's called ***boat...:D

Magic34
01-30-2007, 08:31 AM
Sounds like they had to get the title themselves before they could give it to you?
I wouldnt give him pos.Tell him you thought it was nicer to not give anything,over giving a nuetral or bad one.Leave it at that.
That is exactly what happened. They ended up not having the title in AZ so they had to go change it over. That process only takes an hour at DMV to change titles. His buddy (orig owner) ended up having to pay tax as well because they never had it titled to begin with. I dont think I should feel thankful that he did, it said they title was free and clear in the description.
I have only bought 2 things on EBay ever. Some $400 tickets for a kids show, and this thing. I could care less about my feedback, I dont screw people to begin with.
I will probably leave a positive feedback and no comment if I can do that. I really dont want to start a pissing match with that other guy on the forum.
However, his a$$ is waiting 5 weeks.:D