PDA

View Full Version : Tpc

riverbound
01-29-2007, 09:24 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing your Pismo thread.....you're slacking ;)

Trailer Park Casanova
01-29-2007, 10:08 PM
First time I ever got stuck in the sand at Pismo when I was a kid, a guy pulled up and told me: "The Magic Number is 17".
That is, 17 psi tire pressure.
I aired down, and he then pulled in front of me and tied up, then with his (aftermarket in those days) 4x4 Toyota, pulled me right out like it was nuthin'.
I wanted to pay him,, but he said: "Nah,, just help others when they get stuck, and tell them about the "magic number".
When at Americas Tire Stores, they have big boxes set out with free air pressure gauges free to their customers.
I grab a handfull, and keep them to hand out.
We were on Pismo beach Thursday, and a group of three pickups with about 24 foot long fifth wheels passed near us, turned and one by one & got stuck.
I mean to-the-frame-stuck deluxe.
They were beside themselves stuck. Flirting with the rising tide, upset.
Wife pointed to them and said "See if they need assistance, here comes the ocean".
So I sent my family off for their own ride, got out the tow straps, a few tire gauges, and offered to help.
They were all in the path of the rising water, all new to Pismo and new to getting stuck they quickly accepted.
We aired them down, and I towed them each to where they wanted to camp,, pointed toward the hardpack in an oblique for when they leave.
I also mentioned we'll be back to mile 4 Saturday morning if they need assistance getting back out.
They took us up on that offer, and all was well. We drug each familys rig all the way to the North entrance.
Pismo is best to just air down right outta the entrance gate or getting stuck is almost imminant.
We took all the ***boat Forum members tips for eating places in Pismo.
Dam,, really good food at good prices.
The town is loaded with beautiful women with good attitudes.
You can walk anyplace, every turn around every corner is something fun to see.
A couple from Stockton spotted the wife and knew her from a family members intense cancer treatment.
They wanted to buy us drinks, and one of the ***boater Forum Girls recomended Harrys Downtown.
So off we went.
Harrys is a casual niteclub that catches fire about 5:00 everyday.
The Band starts at 6 and the place is loaded with fine women with genuine personalities so packed seems they're hanging from the rafters.
We blew it on the pix.
With my pea size brain I couldn't figure out the new camera,, so,, maybe next time.
Rainstorm hit, power went out citywide.
So:
The kids rounded up all the motel kids and we turned on the trucks headlites and the kids swam in the pool.
Still raining in the morning,, so that was it for Dunin'.