PDA

View Full Version : CA to AZ Registration ??

Ivan Dan
01-30-2007, 06:34 PM
How does it work when the boat is currently registered in CA but I wanna register is in AZ? Do I have to pay sales tax again through CA before I can re-register it in AZ? Or can I say I'm buying it using my residence in AZ?

Jrocket
01-30-2007, 06:44 PM
http://***boat.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1575179&postcount=13
This girl can help you,she the best at what she does!

andy01
01-30-2007, 06:46 PM
Take (just show on paper) AZ delivery. Show you took owner ship in AZ. Payment for gas, shipping what ever. Ca. may ask if they catch you. Then you have to prove you took AZ. delivery, if Ca. never finds out it doesn't matter to AZ.

Ivan Dan
01-30-2007, 06:52 PM
Take (just show on paper) AZ delivery. Show you took owner ship in AZ. Payment for gas, shipping what ever. Ca. may ask if they catch you. Then you have to prove you took AZ. delivery, if Ca. never finds out it doesn't matter to AZ.
And this will prevent me from having to pay sales tax on the boat?

Boatcop
01-30-2007, 06:56 PM
You have to show proof that sales tax was paid to SOMEONE before AZ will register a new boat. Either through the dealer in CA or direct to AZ Dept. of Revenue.
You don't need an address in AZ to register a boat here. Just remember that even if you own property or a vacation home in AZ, you'll pay registration fees as a non-resident.
A resident in a person who LIVES here.

andy01
01-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Yes, on a used boat. New no, you have to pay.

Ivan Dan
You have to show proof that sales tax was paid to SOMEONE before AZ will register a new boat. Either through the dealer in CA or direct to AZ Dept. of Revenue.
You don't need an address in AZ to register a boat here. Just remember that even if you own property or a vacation home in AZ, you'll pay registration fees as a non-resident.
Makes sense....thanks for the info! So I just need the prior owner to get me a copy of his sales invoice showing he paid sales tax in CA and I'm good right?

andy01
He is buying a pre-owned boat......

Boatcop
01-30-2007, 07:04 PM
If it's a private party, used boat sale, no sales tax is required in Arizona.
Just pay the fees and you're good to go.
Call 602-942-3000. Instead of listening to "Press 1 to report an injured squirrel, press 2 if a javelina is swimming in your pool" just push "0" (zero) to get the operator. Ask for watercraft registration. Give them all the boat info, and they'll send you an application, tell you how much it will cost, and what you'll need.

Ivan Dan
01-30-2007, 07:08 PM
If it's a private party, used boat sale, no sales tax is required in Arizona.
Just pay the fees and you're good to go.
Call 602-942-3000. Instead of listening to "Press 1 to report an injured squirrel, press 2 if a javelina is swimming in your pool" just push "0" (zero) to get the operator. Ask for watercraft registration. Give them all the boat info, and they'll send you an application, tell you how much it will cost, and what you'll need.
Perfect! Thanks so much for the info. I will call them tomorrow and get the info and I'm pretty close to making this deal happen.