PDA

View Full Version : Street Legal Indy Car (Check this out)

sdpm
01-31-2007, 06:17 PM
How would you like to drive this back and forth to work? Scroll down and watch the video.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Street-legal-Indy-car-Dallara-Race-car-See-Video_W0QQitemZ190077009918QQihZ009QQcategoryZ9806 4QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

RitcheyRch
01-31-2007, 06:18 PM
Saw one on the freeway here in Santa Clarita a few months back.

Buster
01-31-2007, 06:43 PM
Yep, I also saw it in a parking lot in Santa Clarita. Kinda weird looking when you get close to it.

Havasu1986
01-31-2007, 06:47 PM
Isn't there a mud flap law?

FryJet
01-31-2007, 06:59 PM
Those things look like a yard sale when they barely bump into each other on the track so just imagine what would happen if it gets into a argument with a Excursion on the 5 in rush hour..............:)
F.J.

1 Baja Guy
01-31-2007, 09:19 PM
Isn't there a mud flap law?
Wonder if it has a trailer hitch? Might be intrested if it does. lol

shockwaveharry
01-31-2007, 09:39 PM
Way Kool!!! I want one! I wouldn't want to parellel park that thing though... And what would the Valets do at the Montage?

MikeF
01-31-2007, 09:46 PM
It has the low downforce wings on it........It needs the road course high downforce wings on it!:devil:

photo chick
01-31-2007, 09:55 PM
I've driven an Indy car, I think it would be a major waste in Dallas.....If you drive 4 miles over the speed limit you get a ticket. I've been here 3 years and already have 4 tickets.....more than I had in the 35 years I lived in So Cal.....:mad:

eliminatedsprinter
01-31-2007, 10:52 PM
Saw one on the freeway here in Santa Clarita a few months back.
You saw that too. I saw it on the 14 by Agua Dulce at about 7:00am the week before new years.:)

2forcefull
02-01-2007, 07:21 AM
Oh BOY!!!:(
I bought one of those about twenty some years ago, here'e what happened!!!
I bought it in cal with all the paper work done , just not reg. and titled
brought it to nev. and was going to title it here.
I got a 30 day permit and took it to DMV for vin inspection, lots of raised eyebrows!! but they signed it off. so I'm driv'n it all over town with no plates just a temp in the little windshield.
I'm over in NLV getting on the freeway at Cheyenne, comm'n down the off ramp I wood the throttle and start grab'n gears think'n I'm Parnely Jones
when all of a sudden sirens and red lights are flash'n, so I pull over
I get out and this cop is scream'n at the top of his lung " what the foc are you doing"
so I reply back " what the fuc does it look like" I'm going to the grocerie store
thats not street legal he says,
I say Oh yes it is, here's all my paperwork!
he says, I say it aint and you aint driv'n it on the street
So I say Hey man just do your little cop job and write me a ticket!!!, I have a friend that will fix'm fast as you can write um!!!
wrong thing to say, but hey I was young!!
so he says Oh yeah!!! and starts ripp'n up all my paper work in to little shreads and lets the wind blow it across the desert!!! then proceeds to
cuff me and throw me in the car.tells me he's tak'n me to jail.
So we get to the jail and they book me for reckless driving,running from an officer!!!!
well they have me strip down bare ass right in front of MRS. bull dyke
and she assures me that I have nothing that interests her except all the little sores all over my body, So I tell that I'm just gett'n over the chicken pox
so she says that I couldn't go in the hold'n cell that I would have to go in solitary!!! I keep ask'n to make a phone call and they say "this aint TV, you get to call when we say and throw me in this little cell with a toilet with no lid,or seat, padded walls and a little window the size of a shoe box lid.
so after about an hour I holler out the little window, I need to make a phone call, they say if you say that one more time you aint never mak'n a call.
so i set there, hours and hours pass I finally fall asleep, there was no light but I knew it was the next day,and out in front of my door I could hear some one talk'n so I look out there and ask this guy, hey I need to make a phone call, he says what? and I say, you have to let me make a phone call!!! rright about then he squirts me with mace. In the back of the toilet there's this little facet that shoots a stream of water that I try to wash the mace off with
now I'm wet, freez'n, and my face is burn'n.
Hours and hours go by, sleep a while, do push ups and sleep more.
out in front of the door I here talk'n, hey it's bull dyke!!, I been in here for over twenty four hours now,
SO, I try pleading with her to please let me make a call so I could get bailed out, she says to me , you still in here?? and she says to the guy that maced me what did he do, he says I don't know, he was in ther when i got on and would't shut up so I mace'd his ass!!! she says to him, he wasn't bad, he's got chicken pox so we put him in there yesterday, let him out to use the phone,
well that was my joy ride, took forever to get the thing out of impounds, that and with all the court fines and storage fees,lost my ass on that one,
Oh yeah, never tell a cop that you can get tickets fixed faster than they can write them, some of them write pretty fast!!!!!

TAF
02-01-2007, 07:30 AM
I've driven an Indy car, I think it would be a major waste in Dallas.....If you drive 40 miles over the speed limit you get a ticket. I've been here 3 years and already have 4 tickets.....more than I had in the 35 years I lived in So Cal.....:mad:
I heard you usually fly about 40 over the limit:idea: :D I know where you get it from, Mom is still racing around at 66........................yrs. old not miles an hour.