PDA

View Full Version : 43 Consecutive Days....

Boozer
02-01-2007, 09:40 AM
Today is the 43rd consecutive day we have had at least 1" of snow on the ground here in Denver. I have about a foot and a half of snow in my front yard and it has been that way now since before Christmas. I think it's about 12 degrees right now outside and tomorrow we are suppose to have a sweltering high of 8 degrees. We are quickly approaching the record for longest consecutive days with snow on the ground ever wich is 63, not really a record you look forward to breaking. So much for global warming :idea: :mad:
Relocating to Phoenix is sounding better and better by the day. Luckily I have a convention in Vegas soon so hopefully that will make me feel a little better.
Enjoy the California and Havasu weather for me!!

anxious
02-01-2007, 09:49 AM
boozer
here is what my driveway looked like after the first storm, luckily i have gone back to cali four times already. It is killing me
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/anxious/Snow029.jpg

BajaMike
02-01-2007, 09:50 AM
Do you know if they have a lot of snow in the Rockies??? We need to fill up Lake Powell and Lake Mead.:idea:
I lived in Vail one winter about 20 years ago (before global warming...:) ) and I remember having 15 to 18 feet of snow on the ground. I was there a couple years ago in February, and there was bare ground right off the ski slopes.....not good.
Sorry, Boozer....but I'm praying for lots of snow up there.....we need to fill up our lakes:)
:D

Havasu1986
02-01-2007, 09:55 AM
Send some our way. Mammoth is having the worst year and they have already closed June mountain for the year. I have season passses and haven't gone once.

Boozer
02-01-2007, 09:55 AM
Do you know if they have a lot of snow in the Rockies??? We need to fill up Lake Powell and Lake Mead.:idea:
I lived in Vail one winter about 20 years ago (before global warming...:) ) and I remember having 15 to 18 feet of snow on the ground. I was there a couple years ago in February, and there was bare ground right off the ski slopes.....not good.
Sorry, Boozer....but I'm praying for lots of snow up there.....we need to fill up our lakes:)
:D
The High Country has been getting hammered. We have been having some of the best ski conditions in years. I'm all for tons of snow too, I just like it to stay in the mountains and out of my driveway (The snow that hits the city has no impact on reservoirs). Hopefully it puts a nice dent in the drought we have been having and I'll be allowed to water my yard as I please once again.

HocusPocus
02-01-2007, 10:00 AM
my inlaws are heading to boulder on the 6th for a cross country meet on the 10th. my niece is competing in the USA Cross Country Championships there for a chance to represent the US for the World Cross Country Championships in Kenya. Last year she made the team and went to Japan to compete. As a former trucker who has spent many miles on I-70 thru all kinds of nasty weather i was hoping they were going to fly but they wanted to drive.

Boozer
02-01-2007, 10:08 AM
my inlaws are heading to boulder on the 6th for a cross country meet on the 10th. my niece is competing in the USA Cross Country Championships there for a chance to represent the US for the World Cross Country Championships in Kenya. Last year she made the team and went to Japan to compete. As a former trucker who has spent many miles on I-70 thru all kinds of nasty weather i was hoping they were going to fly but they wanted to drive.
You should tell your inlaws to strongly reconsider. I-70 has been closed off and on since the first big storm due to severe snowfall and also blowing snow. There is a good chance they will not be able to make it in time for this meet and there's also a good chance the process of trying to make it will be incredibly dangerous.

Sleek-Jet
02-01-2007, 10:15 AM
If I-70 is closed... take I-40 to ABQ than I-25 up the front range... it can be snowing like a son of a bitch on the western slope, but Denver is clear. That is usually when I-70 is closed. It'll be about 6 hours longer that way, but they'll get there.
Or they could jump off at Vail and go up over Leadville and then down to 285 though Buena Vista and Fairplay...

HocusPocus
02-01-2007, 10:47 AM
You should tell your inlaws to strongly reconsider. I-70 has been closed off and on since the first big storm due to severe snowfall and also blowing snow. There is a good chance they will not be able to make it in time for this meet and there's also a good chance the process of trying to make it will be incredibly dangerous.
thanks for the info.. i will let them know because according the last weather report i checked there was more snow on the way.