PDA

View Full Version : Finally found a Rhino

GABACHOS_LBC
02-02-2007, 05:06 PM
Well my Dad calls me on Tuesday and says how about taking me to Montclair Yamaha to take a look at those Rhinos you are talking about. So we get there and he is checking out all the ones outside just kinda glancing over them. We walk into the showroom and to the right sits one that in my opinion was pretty decked out. I told him don't bother looking at that one with all the Suspension, cage, seats, wheels, and everything else done to it that its more then likely pushin 30k. Art walks up and starts telling us all about it how they just finished it and next thing you know its a done deal. Art is putting a horn on it, licensce plate light, making some other adjustments and delivering it to the LBC next week. Looks like I will be hauling it to Havasu on presidents weekend. Hope to pick up the Conquest that weekend and catch the Rhino ride.

boatnam2
02-02-2007, 05:14 PM
very nice,art is a col guy and has a few hook ups.

GABACHOS_LBC
02-02-2007, 05:16 PM
Art is a way cool guy.. He seems to know how to hook a Rhino up..

Hal
02-02-2007, 05:34 PM
It sure is nice, How much OTD?

boatnam2
02-02-2007, 06:27 PM
Art is a way cool guy.. He seems to know how to hook a Rhino up..
have you ridden in one with stock suspension?if so is there a big difference in ride?

Todd969
02-02-2007, 06:55 PM
Welcome to the moneypit family:) That's a great looking rhino. Maybe you can join the 17th ride to break it in.

Todd969
02-02-2007, 06:57 PM
have you ridden in one with stock suspension?if so is there a big difference in ride?
HUGE!!!! I'm very happy with my Elka's. I can't justify long travel for the type of rides we take.

Havasu1986
02-02-2007, 07:00 PM
Black+Havasu+Summer=OUCH Nice Rhino though. I'm sure you will be on the new Conquest most of the summer.:)

GABACHOS_LBC
02-02-2007, 08:16 PM
Black+Havasu+Summer=OUCH Nice Rhino though. I'm sure you will be on the new Conquest most of the summer.:)
Yah I was thinking the same thing with the black, but this is a winter toy and will definately be on the Conquest all summer.

GABACHOS_LBC
02-02-2007, 08:19 PM
I have ridden one with stock suspension. Kinda curious to see how this suspension will handle. Art tells me its a pretty sweet set up. Its brand new but he put 3 hours of test time on it at the Glamis shindig. Said it performs pretty sweet.

Baja Big Dog
02-02-2007, 09:54 PM
Holy shitt, a full blown baller in one post....Im green with envy:D :D

boatnam2
02-03-2007, 06:21 AM
HUGE!!!! I'm very happy with my Elka's. I can't justify long travel for the type of rides we take.
i have the silver rhino so it has the better then stock shocks,but even in small whoops i have to go pretty slow.i cant see the big dollar for the a-arms either unless there is just a world of difference.

GABACHOS_LBC
02-03-2007, 09:08 AM
i have the silver rhino so it has the better then stock shocks,but even in small whoops i have to go pretty slow.i cant see the big dollar for the a-arms either unless there is just a world of difference.
I think I am going for a silver one also. We usually have at least 6-8 people in our crew so we are going to need another one. Art said the suspension on the silver ones are pretty sweet for stock.

djunkie
02-03-2007, 09:09 AM
If the shocks are set up right then yes its a world of difference. But I have seen some that weren't and my stocker was looking good compared to them. :D

GABACHOS_LBC
02-03-2007, 09:34 AM
If the shocks are set up right then yes its a world of difference. But I have seen some that weren't and my stocker was looking good compared to them. :D
Well I hope the suspension / shocks are set up right for 6k.. I hope it handles the whoops just a little better at least. We will soon find out..

boatnam2
02-03-2007, 10:38 AM
I think I am going for a silver one also. We usually have at least 6-8 people in our crew so we are going to need another one. Art said the suspension on the silver ones are pretty sweet for stock.
yea it works pretty good,i can only compare it to my nieghbors(who has a stock shocks) and i can say it alot better then his.i really like hill climbing and exploring parker so ofor right now the whooops is not a big issue...but i want the suspension to be as good as it can be hopefully without spending 6k....only time will tell and a test ride in one!