PDA

View Full Version : LA Boat show

Sleek-Jet
01-29-2006, 05:59 PM
... all I can say is "Wow!!!"... had a fantatic time.
Special thanks to Atomcktn (how do you spell that screen name??? :D) for all the "hospitality" at the Dana booth. Windy too... what a pleasure to finally meet you in person. :D
Havasu Doug, thanks for hauling my out of town ass around... and thanks for the tour of East LA... :)
Danny, thanks for a the details on those beautifull wood boats... I hope you sell as many as you can make.
Froggy... pleasure to finally meet you as well... even if I am a lot younger than you thought... :D I can't wait to see the Trident in person.
To the Sportin' Woods... I hear that Hallett will put woodgrain on a boat if you want. :D The puppy and I made it home just fine. Long trip though, she's crashed out next to me here at the computer.
The Racer's, Big Jim at Ultra (awesome boat by the way), Notalent, Forensic, the Bobaloo's, and the Flyin' V's... and all the girls of ***boat... and Shueman and Superduty from HD's board... it was a pleasure to meet everyone.
The Bordsmanj's... nice to see you finally found each other. Anyone seen my lighter??? :D
I would say "hi!!" to Knucklehead... but I understand he's not here anymore. :rolleyes: :D
Oh, and Jordy, I'll be waiting for the photo-chop... :D
And finally, to all the people I've met previously, it was fantastic to see everyone again. :D

Mrs.Racer277
01-29-2006, 06:09 PM
... all I can say is "Wow!!!"... had a fantatic time.
Special thanks to Atomcktn (how do you spell that screen name??? :D) for all the "hospitality" at the Dana booth. Windy too... what a pleasure to finally meet you in person. :D
Havasu Doug, thanks for hauling my out of town ass around... and thanks for the tour of East LA... :)
Danny, thanks for a the details on those beautifull wood boats... I hope you sell as many as you can make.
Froggy... pleasure to finally meet you as well... even if I am a lot younger than you thought... :D I can't wait to see the Trident in person.
To the Sportin' Woods... I hear that Hallett will put woodgrain on a boat if you want. :D The puppy and I made it home just fine. Long trip though, she's crashed out next to me here at the computer.
The Racer's, Big Jim at Ultra (awesome boat by the way), Notalent, Forensic, the Bobaloo's, and the Flyin' V's... and all the girls of ***boat... and Shueman and Superduty from HD's board... it was a pleasure to meet everyone.
The Bordsmanj's... nice to see you finally found each other. Anyone seen my lighter???
I would say "hi!!" to Knucklehead... but I understand he's not here anymore. :rolleyes: :D
Oh, and Jordy, I'll be waiting for the photo-chop...
And finally, to all the people I've met previously, it was fantastic to see everyone again. :D
Great Meeting you. :)
Who let Jordy in with a camera. :cry:

Jordy
01-29-2006, 06:10 PM
Who let Jordy in with a camera. :cry:
Why do I keep hearing evil laughs in my head. I got some goooood shots too. Ha ha ha ha ha. :D

Mrs.Racer277
01-29-2006, 06:12 PM
Why do I keep hearing evil laughs in my head. I got some goooood shots too. Ha ha ha ha ha. :D
STOP THAT LAUGHING :)
No chopping. Be nice.

cxr133
01-29-2006, 06:16 PM
Man i must of been in the wrong areas!!
i was like a deer in headlights looking for HB peeps to meet..
I did see SYA (i recognized from pics here) but he was on a mission to the food park so i didnt bother him

topless
01-29-2006, 06:16 PM
We got there late and only saw a few people but I was really impressed with th Eliminators this year. Oh and spent too much money on the stupid beef jerky.

76ANTHONY
01-29-2006, 06:21 PM
We got there late and only saw a few people but I was really impressed with th Eliminators this year. Oh and spent too much money on the stupid beef jerky.
you better be going next weekend, thats it im callin derrick :D

NOTALENT
01-29-2006, 06:21 PM
Good meeting you as well....Bobby was way generous with those coors lights.. :crossx:
The Bordsmanj's... nice to see you finally found each other. Anyone seen my lighter???
And seriously...what kind of smokers carry no lighter and lose each other for about 2 hours....?????oh yeah...Linda & Jason!!!! :D

NOTALENT
01-29-2006, 06:22 PM
Man i must of been in the wrong areas!!
i was like a deer in headlights looking for HB peeps to meet..
I did see SYA (i recognized from pics here) but he was on a mission to the food park so i didnt bother him
How did you miss us all??? there were like 50 of us @ Dana and DCB most of the tme... :crossx:

cxr133
01-29-2006, 06:27 PM
Dunno.... we went through there.
we were all over the DCBS they are some nice boats!!!
if anyone saw me i was the dorky guy in the HB tshirt/ wearing the yamaha hat... pushing the baby stroller most of the time.
oh well we will see you guys in Havasu this summer. my wife signed up for that 3 day timeshare presentation thing at the nautical inn/first cabin club

Redwing247
01-29-2006, 06:31 PM
How did you miss us all??? there were like 50 of us @ Dana and DCB most of the tme... :crossx:
You meant on the beer line most of the time... :)

GHT
01-29-2006, 06:54 PM
Hey Notalent.. It was good to meet you. Look forward to running into you this summer and having a beer on the lake..

NOTALENT
01-29-2006, 07:02 PM
Hey Notalent.. It was good to meet you. Look forward to running into you this summer and having a beer on the lake..
Likewise....We will definatley have to hook up this summer. Cant wait for the heat wave. so what ever happened with the speaker grills, did you end up getting some?? :crossx:

NOTALENT
01-29-2006, 07:04 PM
You meant on the beer line most of the time... :)
Haha..true that...I had to double fist each time I went back...way to long of a wait.. :crossx:

GHT
01-29-2006, 07:06 PM
Likewise....We will definatley have to hook up this summer. Cant wait for the heat wave. so what ever happened with the speaker grills, did you end up getting some?? :crossx:
No... She wouldn't give me the area code :crossx: :crossx: . But all kidding aside I will get some this spring... Can't have the girls accidently kicking a hole in a 12" while they are dancin'.. :)

atomickitn
01-29-2006, 07:22 PM
it was very cool having all of you hangin out at the dana booth , wendy had a great time as well , oh hey mark thanks for having us out for sushi,, windy said she had a blast with you guys........nice to see every body out and about :)

Froggystyle
01-30-2006, 01:08 PM
Where to start....
First off... Sleek-Jet is about half the age I figured he was. Well done bro... Strange how a perception built by years of non-visual communication can weigh into an image created... It was great to meet you and Havasu Doug, and wish we could have hung around with you a little bit more but we were on a mission...
HD, again, great to meet you finally, or again... whatever!
Windy, as always you were awesome to see and gave the best hugs of the show. It was great meeting Bobby (Atomiktn) for the first time as well. The Dana's looked great, and you guys are really stepping it up every year. Well done! It was also great to finally meet NoTalent and Redneck. No white glasses to be seen anywhere...
Seen in beer/drink line... HH, INSman, Bling, Kroozin, and the Koolaid Krew. Dave certainly knows where to put a booth.
Keith is still my favorite boat salesman around. Honest, forthcoming and knowledgable. I always spend more time in the Conquest booth than anywhere else at the show, and I always feel bad because we talk about the Trident alot. The Top Cat that was in the booth with the Ilmor was truly beautiful. Lots of great ideas and very nice rigging.
From there, I met a couple of folks that I couldn't place their screen names, but you know who you are. Wonderful talking to people who are so into boating and family.
Mark (Whipped Caliber), RD, Steve, Martin etc... good to see all of you folks as well. Mark did a great job on Ultra's booth, and should be really proud of it.
Danny, the wooden boats looked flat out amazing. You did such a great job with them I am nothing but jealous.
I am sure I am forgetting some folks, and for that I appologize. Thanks to everyone who gave us great words of encouragement. We will be there next year for sure. Of course, I said that last year.

NOTALENT
01-30-2006, 01:18 PM
It was also great to finally meet NoTalent and Redneck. No white glasses to be seen anywhere...
Hey...!! That problem has been solved... :crossx: Great meeting you Wes. I was hoping you would bring the boat, but I guess you didn't want to hurt the other deckboat's feeling's.... :crossx:

Jordy
01-30-2006, 01:19 PM
Of course, I said that last year.
Did you say that the year before too??? Sorry Wes, just couldn't pass an opportunity like that one up. :D :D :D

Windy
01-30-2006, 02:02 PM
By far I had the best time at the show {thanks Hunny}...it was great seeing everyone and making new friends.
Thanks Wes...miss you!

AZJD
01-30-2006, 02:13 PM
STOP THAT LAUGHING :)
No chopping. Be nice.
It's genetically impossible for him to be nice, he was wired incorrectly at birth and keeps ignoring the factory recall!
Good to see you and Sean, sorry i was little hung over!

Sleek-Jet
01-30-2006, 05:54 PM
Where to start....
First off... Sleek-Jet is about half the age I figured he was. Well done bro... Strange how a perception built by years of non-visual communication can weigh into an image created... It was great to meet you and Havasu Doug, and wish we could have hung around with you a little bit more but we were on a mission...
You could literally see the light go on over your head when you figured out who I was on the board... :D :D
Again, it was nice to meet you Wes...

Mrs.Racer277
01-30-2006, 05:57 PM
It's genetically impossible for him to be nice, he was wired incorrectly at birth and keeps ignoring the factory recall!
Good to see you and Sean, sorry i was little hung over!
I know... hence the Jordytude. :)
It was great seeing you too. Hope you got your nap. :) Hope to do it again soon.

Havasu Doug
01-30-2006, 06:00 PM
... Oh, and Jordy, I'll be waiting for the photo-chop... :D
That was a pretty funny moment. I can't wait to see the pics. :D