PDA

View Full Version : Huge "Pet Peeeeeeeeve" at the boat show...

River918
02-04-2007, 03:20 PM
So here's the deal...I'm sitting in a custom boat builders booth talking with the owner when this family comes in to look at one of their boats. The boat in question was a 150K tricked out ride that was a customers boat. Anyway, I'm sitting in a boat having a conversation when this about 4-5 year old kid climbs up the back on the boat (with shoes on), runs across the rear deck then down the middle of the boat before jumping off the front. The mom and dad are on the boat described above and say, "Johnny" stop that. A few minutes later the same kind climbs on the 150K boat and proceeded to climb up through the deck hatch (it was a closed bow) and run across the deck with his shoes on. There were about 30 people standing there, waiting for the parents to say something. The owner of the business then tells the kid to take his shoes off. The kid complies and continues to run all over the masterpiece of a ride. A few minutes later he climbs up on the dash and slides down the gel-coat onto the deck (He had a pair of Levis on)...I was %$#^^%$ pissed. Finally the parents get a clue and pull the kid off the boat and leave. Either the parents are the most disrespectful people in the world, or they just didn't have a clue. That's exactly the reason I would never let my boat be used at the boat show (unless I was there to sit in it all day, everyday).....:D :D
Just had to vent a little...:mad: :mad: :mad:

Jbb
02-04-2007, 03:26 PM
So here's the deal...I'm sitting in a custom boat builders booth talking with the owner when this family comes in to look at one of their boats. The boat in question was a 150K tricked out ride that was a customers boat. Anyway, I'm sitting in a boat having a conversation when this about 4-5 year old kid climbs up the back on the boat (with shoes on), runs across the rear deck then down the middle of the boat before jumping off the front. The mom and dad are on the boat described above and say, "Johnny" stop that. A few minutes later the same kind climbs on the 150K boat and proceeded to climb up through the deck hatch (it was a closed bow) and run across the deck with his shoes on. There were about 30 people standing there, waiting for the parents to say something. The owner of the business then tells the kid to take his shoes off. The kid complies and continues to run all over the masterpiece of a ride. A few minutes later he climbs up on the dash and slides down the gel-coat onto the deck (He had a pair of Levis on)...I was %$#^^%$ pissed. Finally the parents get a clue and pull the kid off the boat and leave. Either the parents are the most disrespectful people in the world, or they just didn't have a clue. That's exactly the reason I would never let my boat be used at the boat show (unless I was there to sit in it all day, everyday).....:D :D
Some people just dont have a clue....and think everyone views their kids....like they do.....If it were my boat ..I would be plenty upset...

Wet Dream
02-04-2007, 03:27 PM
So, why didn't you say anything to the kid, or the parents? How did you help the situation? People become such pansies when it comes to other peoples kids. Nobody wants to be the bad guy, and thats exactly part of the problem.

Jrocket
02-04-2007, 03:40 PM
See the difference between you and I....I would have said something and took the chance of getting boxed in the head or thrown out.Some of todays parents need a kick in the head themselves.
You had every right to be pissed.

River918
02-04-2007, 05:22 PM
Yep, It's all my fault...sorry I dropped the ball and didn't step up.......

JetBoatRich
02-04-2007, 05:23 PM
Kids will be kids:sqeyes: if their parents let them

Wet Dream
02-04-2007, 05:25 PM
Yep, It's my fault...sorry I dropped the ball
Well, you can't take full responsibility for the youth of today, but recognition is a huge step. Next time, when you have a perfect opportunity like that, do something about it instead of crying about it later.

4DAY4PLAY
02-04-2007, 05:28 PM
My theory is there are certain people in this world that should not be allowed to have kids.....Im so SICK of seeing out of control kids and there ignorant parents not doing anything about it.

River918
02-04-2007, 05:31 PM
Well, you can't take full responsibility for the youth of today, but recognition is a huge step. Next time, when you have a perfect opportunity like that, do something about it instead of crying about it later.
I'm really not crying; I was pissed at the time, but didn't loose any sleep over it. I just thought I'd post a little something about "Some people" have no clue.....Having looked back on it, I'd handle it the same way again. After all, the owner of the company did say something to the people...What was I to do, grab the kid and start alot more drama over something that really doesn't effect me? Like I said, just posting a little something here for people to ponder...

Boa1277
02-04-2007, 05:44 PM
Those same parents walk the family dog and let it shit right on your front lawn and dont bother to pick it up, the same people feel the world owes them something and could give a crap less about anyone but themselves... Personally I would like to see some of the owners or salesguys have a airsoft gun you know one of those little pistols that shoots the plastic BB's not quite as hard as a paintball but definitely hard enough to leave a welt and a few tears, cap the little prick with one of those I bet he figures it out pretty quick..

Wet Dream
02-04-2007, 05:49 PM
What was I to do, grab the kid and start alot more drama over something that really doesn't effect me?
No, you can't touch them, but it is so easy to make kids feel stupid, and the parents too if you do it right. :D

Emanon Performance Marine
02-04-2007, 06:25 PM
No, you can't touch them, but it is so easy to make kids feel stupid, and the parents too if you do it right. :D
Yah your right, but imagine if you could. That little SOB would gain some respect fast. I mean my Dad didn't put up with anything he would smack us in church, if we deserved it.

Jrocket
02-04-2007, 06:27 PM
Yep, It's all my fault...sorry I dropped the ball and didn't step up.......
Naaa it's not your fault those parents have no control over their own kids.You did what you thought was right at the given moment.

Jrocket
02-04-2007, 06:28 PM
Kids will be kids:sqeyes: if their parents let them
Not sure what your saying here...kids are ok to act stupid and out of control?

Classic Daycruiser
02-04-2007, 06:54 PM
So what your saying is the boat could handle a couple good weekends at the sand bar and not fall apart:D :D :D
(Make note to self, next new boat I buy, I will not let dealer talk me into showing it at the LA Boat show):idea: :idea:

XTRM22
02-04-2007, 07:11 PM
I understand your dilema, not everybody wants to be the @ssHo#@. While I have no kids it's easy for me to pass judgement. I remember how my old man rode herd on us as kids and now I'm the guy who asks people in the mall if they hit their kids, when they reply no,.... I ask if I can!!!
Chuck

XTRM22
02-04-2007, 07:13 PM
By the way Rocket, I talked to the wookie the other day, I accidentally mentioned your calling her Chewbakka, watch your back!:D :D :D
Chuck

JetBoatRich
02-04-2007, 07:18 PM
If they are not taught to respect others property, who can you blame:eek:

Havasu1986
02-04-2007, 07:19 PM
Nice Post River918..Our boat was in the 98 show and my wife was a mess with all the people coming up to it with there watchs and big fat belt buckles and kids. We had to leave because she was so pissed. It wasn't worth the 5K discount.

Jrocket
02-04-2007, 07:26 PM
If they are not taught to respect others property, who can you blame:eek:
Stupid kids come from stupid parents.:D

Jrocket
02-04-2007, 07:27 PM
By the way Rocket, I talked to the wookie the other day, I accidentally mentioned your calling her Chewbakka, watch your back!:D :D :D
Chuck
Thanks Chuck,always count on you buddy!:D

JetBoatRich
02-04-2007, 07:38 PM
Stupid kids come from stupid parents.:D
Most of the time I agree:D every now and then kids have a way of separating themselves and being better people than their parents were

Hardly Satisfied
02-04-2007, 07:54 PM
Some people just dont have a clue....and think everyone views their kids....like they do.....If it were my boat ..I would be plenty upset...
I agree,some people can't control their kids

phebus
02-04-2007, 08:20 PM
I hit the brat, I hit the brat with a baseball bat Oh Yeah, Oh Yeah, Oh, Oh Yeah :D

Throttle
02-04-2007, 08:31 PM
I am with you on this one... some parents think that the boats on display are playpens... Wrong, :mad: !

phebus
02-04-2007, 08:36 PM
I am with you on this one... some parents think that the boats on display are playpens... Wrong, :mad: !
I would never, ever, let a boat of mine be a display boat at the boat show.

HatenWinter
02-04-2007, 08:37 PM
We were there today and saw the same kid. We were in SHOCK!!! This kid was running all over these beautiful boats with his shoes on just going ape S_ _ T. The dad just sat there and watched. I honestly thought one of the employees was going to drop the hammer. Some people just don't have a clue.

phebus
02-04-2007, 08:39 PM
Shoulda put a shock collar on the kid, just like a bad dog. Touch the gel........shock. :D

OGShocker
02-04-2007, 08:40 PM
We walked on to a $100,000 fishing boat today as a kid with a handful of chocolate walks off. I looked on the Capt's chair and it was covered in chocolate. Bobby (ATK) yells out to the 300 pound dad, "GET A TOWEL! Your kid left chocolate all over this boat"! The dumbass seemed put out. We cleaned up what we could and left.:mad:
People have NO idea sometimes.
Nice seeing you guys at the show today!!!

phebus
02-04-2007, 08:44 PM
We walked on to a $100,000 fishing boat today as a kid with a handful of chocolate walks off. I looked on the Capt's chair and it was covered in chocolate. Bobby (ATK) yells out to the 300 pound dad, "GET A TOWEL! Your kid left chocolate all over this boat"! The dumbass seemed put out. We cleaned up what we could and left.:mad:
People have NO idea sometimes.
Nice seeing you guys at the show today!!!
Did you ever think you were wrong? Don't yell at the kid about chocalate. He may have shit his pants. Geeeezzzzzz. :D

OGShocker
02-04-2007, 08:46 PM
Did you ever think you were wrong? Don't yell at the kid about chocalate. He may have shit his pants. Geeeezzzzzz. :D
YEAH BOBBY!!!
He yelled at the father not the five year old.
See you on the 16th!

Misogynist
02-04-2007, 08:51 PM
Some people have no idea just how annoying their little Johnny can be. I went out to dinner tonight and had to move to the other side of the restaurant because some dumb$hit was letting his 2 year old boy squall incessantly.... Junior wants something... he whines and squalls.... The little bastard never shut up.

Havasu_Dreamin
02-04-2007, 09:04 PM
The thing that kills me is the people that see the sign that says 'Do not Board Without Salesman and No Shoes' that just kick the sign to the side and walk right on with their shoes still on and no salesman.....

bchbum
02-04-2007, 09:18 PM
We had our boat in the 2002 L.A. show . Met our friends there to show them it for the first time , as my wife & I walk up there's a lady leaning into our boat eating a chocolate sunday . I nicely ask her to not have food over my boat . She tells me to see her husband , as they were buying that boat . Our salesman & I set her straight real fast that they could order a boat , I owened that one . Never again .

whiteworks
02-04-2007, 09:28 PM
when I was a kid from as as far back as I can remember I knew that I was not aloud to touch. Antiques/hotrods/motorcycles. just the other day I was at a car show and there was a custom bike sitting on display and this jackass "adult" is pawing the shit out of this show bike. It really caught me off gaurd. I guess it boils down to how you are raised.

Phat Matt
02-04-2007, 11:22 PM
Why don't you control your kid? :confused:

Ken F
02-04-2007, 11:56 PM
Several years ago I was in Stuttgart at the Mercedes Benz Museum. There was a one of a kind pricless MBZ on display behind a rope barrier. Same deal.
Some fat little American brat runs under the rope, climbs up the running board into the leather seat with his shoes on! Fat ass mom stands there and watches him do it. The German security guards had quite a frown, but were hesetant to do anything.
I jumped over the ropes and lifted "fat-boy" out of the seat by one arm, and over the rope. In a rather loud voice I told mom that this is a one of a kind priceless car, and this kind of behavior is exactly why europeans hate Americans!
She left in a huff, and the security guards and all the other people there had big smiles and a thank you before I left!
kenF

vee-driven
02-05-2007, 12:12 AM
maybe they shouldnt let the little fukers in shows like that. when i was a kid i was afraid to fuk up because i knew i was gonna get an ass whoopin.

ratso
02-05-2007, 07:47 AM
Some fat little American brat runs under the rope, climbs up the running board into the leather seat with his shoes on! Fat ass mom stands there and watches him do it.
and this kind of behavior is exactly why europeans hate Americans!
:jawdrop: http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif

havaduner
02-05-2007, 08:06 AM
And the amazing thing is, how if you ask the parents to reign little Johhny in, or worse yet, ask the wife to put her frozen daiquri outside the boat while she is looking at it, how many of them tend to get in a huff. "but drinking and boating go together" yeah maybe biotch, get your own boat and get outta mine!

Baja Big Dog
02-05-2007, 08:08 AM
Seem to be alot of FAT bashing around here, where is the love??

phebus
02-05-2007, 08:08 AM
Poor Johnny, he is just a product of society. Lets stone his parents. :D

franky
02-05-2007, 08:30 AM
I hit the brat, I hit the brat with a baseball bat Oh Yeah, Oh Yeah, Oh, Oh Yeah :D
thats "beat the brat..."

phebus
02-05-2007, 08:33 AM
thats "beat the brat..."
I'm sorry, so for:
Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go I wanna be sedated. :D

Jyruiz
02-05-2007, 08:35 AM
You mean they are not, well then, I am not taking my kids to the boat show anymore then.:D

phebus
02-05-2007, 08:40 AM
Maybe they should have a kiddy corral at the boat show. They could put it downstairs in the spot that Trident didn't use. :D

Ziggy
02-05-2007, 08:42 AM
you should see some of the car that come out of car shows.......some of the seats look like they are 10 years old with so many asses sliding in/out of them.:(
I'd never let my kid run free at a high end showike that, althjough my kids wouldn't have used a boat as a swingset slide.

BADBLOWN572
02-05-2007, 08:55 AM
The one time I let my boat go into the boat show, I was furious!!! 1) The boat hadn't hit the water yet and by the time it came back, I had 2-3 dings in the interior. (The manufacturer said that they would fix them, but that is not the point) 2) People were always trying to turn the wheel and play with the sticks. Yes the throttle was disconnected, but not the drive. I am sure the cable was not liking being forced along with the steering. 3) Every "poser" wants to get in boats and have their picture taken yet has no ability to buy one or a clue about boats. 4) They always try to turn on the stereo. 5) They don't take care of it like it was their boat. 6) They always want to touch the boats and leave their dirty finger prints all over it!
My biggest bitch about the whole thing was people & thier kids. My subs for the stereo are mounted in front of the driver/passenger compartment. For the boat show, I had lazer cut grilles installed over the top, but they did not cover the whole sub. There were still big gaps of the sub exposed. One kid kept kicking the sub because he liked how it sounded like a drum when kicked. The parents continued to sip their coctails and let the kid bang on the sub. NEVER AGAIN will I let one of my boats go into a boat show unless I am working the show and can watch it at all times. :mad: :mad: :mad:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1598Stereo.jpg

Throttle
02-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Maybe they should have a kiddy corral at the boat show. . :D
bayliner did

Mrs.HLB
02-05-2007, 10:33 AM
Funny that you posted this.. I did notice kids out of control!! Their parents just standing around drinking and not paying attention. While their helliuns are jumping around on the boats. That is BS!
Mrs.HLB

uselessgrant
02-05-2007, 10:52 AM
here is an easy solution.. if the kid is small enough to act like that still they are not all that concerned about boats any way so just leave them grandma and go with your other half or buddies and have a beer and enjoy yourselves. chasing your kids around a boat show is not fun, cause they wont leave things alone. my 6 yo son is autistic and loves to run his hands down the sides of cars and stuff so i wont even think of taking him to something like that.. you gotta know your kids and use some common sense.

riverroyal
02-05-2007, 10:58 AM
boat then let the builder take it to the show,unless it comes with a huge discount

Huckleberry
02-05-2007, 11:04 AM
Just another reason that even if your boat is the baddest in town to NOT let them display it at a boat show. lavey used my 24 there several years ago. It came back with holes in the upholstery. Of course, Lavey made sure it was 100% fixed before I got it back. Good folks with great service!

RiverDave
02-05-2007, 11:11 AM
It cracks me up to read these threads.. You guys are such a bunch of whiny bitches. To respond to the first post, you coulda just said "Yo kid, take your shoes off and throw em overboard, or ye captain will make ya walk the plank." There's a million ways to get your point across clearly without having to come off as an asshole in almost every situation.
As far as the rest of it.. It's a boat show, if you volunteered for your shiznit to be there, you should be expecting atleast a 1000 people to get in and out of it before the shows over. Hopefully any problems associated with that the mfg will take care of right after the show.
On a side note, what is amazing to me is I don't even have kids.. but I sure couldn't imagine a boat show without them. If it ain't for them then what the hell are we bothering with all this cool shit for anyways?
Leave your kids at home. :D What a sham.. I can barely remember when Jamie bought an F-29 at the boat show. I'll probably never forget the happy looks on his kids faces when they were playing around in an F - 29 just like the one their dad was gonna get.
RD

Biglue
02-05-2007, 11:27 AM
One could have gone over to the parents and said, "hey, your son has his shoes on and could damage or soil that boat's gel or interior". I bet most parents would have reacted to that.
Like Dave said, I couldn't imagine a boat show without kids. My kids really enjoy seeing all that is there. My 8 year old boy is in awe at a many of those boats. I wouldn't let my kid monkey around on a boat though.

MR HARLEY
02-05-2007, 11:29 AM
My kids really enjoy seeing all that is there. My 8 year old boy is in awe at a many of those boats. I wouldn't let my kid monkey around on a boat though.
You have a very beautiful family Lue, and very well mannered children. Nice bumping into you at the show.:)

Biglue
02-05-2007, 11:41 AM
You have a very beautiful family Lue, and very well mannered children. Nice bumping into you at the show.:)
Thanks bro. Good to finally meet you in person, even if it was briefly.
We'll have to share some "beverages" at the river this summer.

ClownRoyal
02-05-2007, 11:47 AM
Speaking of boats in boat shows. Have you found that dead fish I place in your boat last year?:D :D :D

River918
02-05-2007, 11:50 AM
It cracks me up to read these threads.. You guys are such a bunch of whiny bitches. To respond to the first post, you coulda just said "Yo kid, take your shoes off and throw em overboard, or ye captain will make ya walk the plank." There's a million ways to get your point across clearly without having to come off as an asshole in almost every situation.
As far as the rest of it.. It's a boat show, if you volunteered for your shiznit to be there, you should be expecting atleast a 1000 people to get in and out of it before the shows over. Hopefully any problems associated with that the mfg will take care of right after the show.
On a side note, what is amazing to me is I don't even have kids.. but I sure couldn't imagine a boat show without them. If it ain't for them then what the hell are we bothering with all this cool shit for anyways?
Leave your kids at home. :D What a sham.. I can barely remember when Jamie bought an F-29 at the boat show. I'll probably never forget the happy looks on his kids faces when they were playing around in an F - 29 just like the one their dad was gonna get.
RD
Man, I was just trying to post an observation I had at the show. No need to start the name calling......:D
As I wrote in the 1st post: The owner of the company did say something.

MR HARLEY
02-05-2007, 12:02 PM
Speaking of boats in boat shows. Have you found that dead fish I place in your boat last year?:D :D :D
Sure did. :D
How have you been. :)
Thanks bro. Good to finally meet you in person, even if it was briefly.
We'll have to share some "beverages" at the river this summer.
Definetly, see ya at the river.

RiverDave
02-05-2007, 12:07 PM
Man, I was just trying to post an observation I had at the show. No need to start the name calling......:D
As I wrote in the 1st post: The owner of the company did say something.
Name calling wasn't necesarily 100% directed at you.. It was those other whiny bitches. :D
RD

phebus
02-05-2007, 12:14 PM
Well mannered kids, with attentive parents should be at the show, because they are the future of boating. But, out of control kids, whose parents don't give a shit, shouldn't be. They are the future of boating too, unfortunately the assholes.

Jbb
02-05-2007, 02:08 PM
RD
Spoken as one who may have had his ass handed to him.....by a 12 yr old....:D
RD SUX..

H20 Toie
02-05-2007, 02:20 PM
My Pet peeve with the show was when i walked up and said hi to the River 918's you guys didn't remember me :cry: :cry: :cry:
Guess i should have had Billy and Missy with me :)

ClownRoyal
02-05-2007, 03:06 PM
Sure did. :D
How have you been. :)
Definetly, see ya at the river.
Doin good. Headin to the show Saturday then to Havi. Weather permitting be on the water pres day weekend. Hopefully see then or shortly thereafter. :)

MR HARLEY
02-05-2007, 03:09 PM
Doin good. Headin to the show Saturday then to Havi. Weather permitting be on the water pres day weekend. Hopefully see then or shortly thereafter. :)
I should also be in Havi this weekend, see ya out there. :)

River918
02-05-2007, 06:26 PM
My Pet peeve with the show was when i walked up and said hi to the River 918's you guys didn't remember me :cry: :cry: :cry:
Guess i should have had Billy and Missy with me :)
Sorry, we were wheeling and dealing...No disrepect meant if we didn;t recognize you.....I'll buy you a cold one next time we see yah...

Jrocket
02-05-2007, 06:34 PM
On a side note, what is amazing to me is I don't even have kids.
RD
And speaking for the rest of the world,we thank you for that.:D

EAZYKILLER2006
02-05-2007, 06:45 PM
I agree,some people can't control their kids
i had one i could control, AND ONE I COULDNT ...the one i couldnt control, i didnt take anywhere...they learn fast...if they want to go...;)

mrs.rvrluvr
02-05-2007, 06:51 PM
we took our 8 year old son. Dad has tought him when you look at boats, hot rods, bikes, etc. put your hands behind your back and don't touch. He is very good at this and I am very proud of him and have no problem taking him anywhere. The other two kids 5 and 7 are not quite as good so we didn't bring them for the fear of causing damage to someones new toy
RESPECT it's not a difficult thing to teach and it sure makes a difference.

H20 Toie
02-06-2007, 08:22 AM
Sorry, we were wheeling and dealing...No disrepect meant if we didn;t recognize you.....I'll buy you a cold one next time we see yah...
:D

dumbandyoung
02-06-2007, 12:43 PM
You had every right to be pist. I think you should have said something to the parents. Especially to back up the owner because hes the one that has to try and not look like the bad guy. I would have said something. C'mon, what if that was your buddies boat?
just my .02

ibelio
02-06-2007, 07:12 PM
first bitch slap the parents second its a boat/tool to haul your ass around the lake you are going to get scraches it happens dont loose any sleep over it i would not like it but it happens