PDA

View Full Version : UFC randy coutor

axkiker
02-05-2007, 06:13 AM
So anyone have an opinion on why randy coutor would be making a comback in the heavey weight division. My personal opinion is that the UFC knows it needs someone who can handle Crow Cop. I dont see silva ever having a chance in HE## at beating crow cop or coutor. So they say ok randy make a comback. Go beat silva real quick then you and crow cop can have at it.

AZJD
02-05-2007, 07:19 AM
Personally I think Silvia is overrated. I believe Randy sees an opportunity to beat him and take the title temporarily while Cro Cop earns his shot. I am not sure Randy would beat Cro Cop. He looked really good Saturday night, but he did look a little vulnerable to a few of those punches! Remember Randy went toe to toe with Liddell better than anyone else this past year. I think Randy is still capable of winning a few fights.

moneypit
02-05-2007, 07:32 AM
UFC doesnt bring anyone in to 'beat" anyone. They are there to make money. Randy's comeback will sell tickets. It also makes more sense for him to do it in that division since there is less pizazz. Cro-cop is already been beat. Silvia (although not liked very well) can beat Cro-Cop. He just doesnt bring the interest along with his fights. Hes more of a big dope. Arlovski as a contednder sells more tickets...

dmontzsta
02-05-2007, 08:58 AM
Randy will beat Silvia, no doubt.
Mirko Cro Cop will destroy all though.

axkiker
02-05-2007, 10:31 AM
UFC doesnt bring anyone in to 'beat" anyone. They are there to make money. Randy's comeback will sell tickets. It also makes more sense for him to do it in that division since there is less pizazz. Cro-cop is already been beat. Silvia (although not liked very well) can beat Cro-Cop. He just doesnt bring the interest along with his fights. Hes more of a big dope. Arlovski as a contednder sells more tickets...
I agree that the ufc doesnt do a thing without regard to the bottem line. However I believe part of increasing the bottem line will be by showing a dominance over their main competitor PRIDE. Did you notice that white took every opportunity to mention how the UFC has the greatest fighters in the world when the name Crow Cop came up. Bringing in fighters from outside the ufc only to have their own champions destroyed could cause a slight lack of credibility for the ufc and a way for PRIDE to gain an edge over them. I agree randys comback will sell tickets and would in any circumstance. I just think its more than a big coincidence that its happening at the same time the famed crow cop enters. As far as Arlovski being a contender I agree that is he. However I dont see him beating crow cop.