PDA

View Full Version : My boat show opinon

Eliminator 4 Life
01-29-2006, 09:30 PM
I was reading over in cats and tunnels all these people ranting and raving about DCB's new 32. Dont get me wrong it is a nice boat but honestly they are giving it way to much hipe. DCB had some nice boats there but there wasnt much variety in my opinion. Eliminator on the other hand had a little bit of everything and even the knew sick A$$ 36 all enclosed. You guys give all this attention to the 32 well what about Eliminators 36 enclosed daytona. I think Eliminator had a strong showing with lots of different varietys and I think they came bringing the A game. I also liked Nordics new 27 thor it was very nice. Orion boats are looking better and better. Dana had some real nice boats. Domin8ter I like the idea of the diesel in the deck you are on the right path. Conquest I fell in love with your 28 top cat on the side that thing was sick along with the 28 howard bullett and the Hava enuf 33 daytona my three favortie boats. Anyways I just wanted to give my opnion and it was great to see everyone there. E4L :cool:

Kilrtoy
01-29-2006, 09:41 PM
Come on ROB........
Yes eliminator had some very, very nice rides... I saw them on thursday and friday.... I was hoping to get in some on sat. but the welcoming party did not take to my shirt to well....HEY I tried to get an Elim Shirt, you heard me ask....
I chatted with TONY for a while very nice to finally met him and the tooler of that new 36 cat. They booth gave me alot of insight to the program...

Eliminator 4 Life
01-29-2006, 09:57 PM
Come on ROB........
Yes eliminator had some very, very nice rides... I saw them on thursday and friday.... I was hoping to get in some on sat. but the welcoming party did not take to my shirt to well....HEY I tried to get an Elim Shirt, you heard me ask....
I chatted with TONY for a while very nice to finally met him and the tooler of that new 36 cat. They booth gave me alot of insight to the program...
Miguel what size shirt do you wear a large I will have one there waiting for you when you pick up my seat cushion. thanks again it was great hanging out with you and seeing you and the wife.Rob

Throttle
01-29-2006, 10:01 PM
cuz it may pass you on the lake one day
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/508/2610100_2573.JPG
:rollside:

Eliminator 4 Life
01-29-2006, 10:04 PM
cuz it may pass you on the lake one day
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/508/2610100_2573.JPG
:rollside:
Throttle you are right I did forget that cobra those colors are sick and they would match my new maga cab. What was the price and speed on it. :cool:

INSman
01-29-2006, 10:10 PM
Throttle you are right I did forget that cobra those colors are sick and they would match my new maga cab. What was the price and speed on it. :cool:
Better not let Brandie see this post !!! :eek: ;) :D

Eliminator 4 Life
01-29-2006, 10:37 PM
Better not let Brandie see this post !!! :eek: ;) :D
Brandie dont care she knows Im ELIMINATOR TELL I DIE :cool:

Throttle
01-29-2006, 10:40 PM
$84k is base, upgrade to a TCM 1000 HP... and get 120mph... wow! now that is sweet!

SnakeWrench
01-29-2006, 10:53 PM
84K with a mag, 72MPH, long list of standard features. Thanks for the props Elim.

BarryMac
01-30-2006, 07:45 AM
Eliminator had a very nice showing IMO, I really like the 25 Daytona, the salesmen tried to sell me a t-shirt instead of a boat, I thought it was pretty funny. I passed on the shirt cause some of the other custom guys who will remain anonymous hooked me up gratis, guess thye know the power of advertising, maybe Eliminator could take a lesson... LOL...:D :D Cobra, they also did a great job, like the deck style boat with the pod storage up front, pretty cool, the boat of the show for me was the 43' Nordic, it is just crazy...

Jordy
01-30-2006, 07:55 AM
the boat of the show for me was the 43' Nordic, it is just crazy...
Where was that? :confused:
Sure you're not thinking of the 43' Schiada??? Nordic hasn't built their 43'er yet. Focused all their energy getting the 27' cat done for the show. ;)
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23DSC01076.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23DSC01080.JPG

BarryMac
01-30-2006, 08:00 AM
Where was that? :confused:
Sure you're not thinking of the 43' Schiada??? Nordic hasn't built their 43'er yet. Focused all their energy getting the 27' cat done for the show. ;)
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23DSC01076.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23DSC01080.JPG
Sorry, this is the one, fingers going faster then the brain, thanks for clearing it up...

NOTALENT
01-30-2006, 08:00 AM
alot of the Manufactureers did bring otu some very nice hardware. DCB set a bar and I think all the other manifacturers are doing a pretty good job of catching up. Im not a big DCB fan, but one of the things that I thought was great was the option of having the foot wash off at the bow. Its the little touches like that that continually keep DCB a step ahead.
The 36 Eliminator enclosed was very impressive. Badblown had his wooden boats there (hogan marine). I can say that I was also Impressed with Cobra boats. Every year there boats seem to step it up more and more.
And I saw a few boats that were Diesel powered. Orion and Eliminator both had Diesel Powered boats on display.
It was a good show......I wish I would have seen more of it, but I kept stopping at booths collecting beers and talking to other board members :D
What day did you go??? I didnt see any orion with diesel power???

Jordy
01-30-2006, 08:05 AM
Sorry...it was a Domn8r not Orion. :(
Right down from HTM and Hogan Boats. It was a deck with a 6.5 GM with a blower. Interesting way to do it. The big Hallet downstairs with all the Imco decals on it had Yanmars in it. Nice to see some more diesel performance boats these days. ;)

NOTALENT
01-30-2006, 08:05 AM
Sat. We showed up about 5.
Sorry...it was a Domn8r not Orion. :(
Oh yeah...that was sick boat...and definatley setup to pull the party. I left around 6pm. Newcastles Orion was sick.. I really liked the setup and over all quality of the boat. definatley alot nicer in person and a a great price.

prosthogod
01-30-2006, 08:26 AM
I hate to even ask, Did HTM have their V hul there?

ChumpChange
01-30-2006, 08:27 AM
I hate to even ask, Did HTM have their V hul there?
Nope. Force didn't have any of thiers as well.

riverbound
01-30-2006, 08:29 AM
Nope. Force didn't have any of thiers as well.
Probably wont be seeing any more Force V-hulls.

ChumpChange
01-30-2006, 08:39 AM
Probably wont be seeing any more Force V-hulls.
I thought they had the old Cole molds. What happened?

riverbound
01-30-2006, 08:51 AM
I think the larger boat (28??) didnt really perform to their expectations. So they are going to take a step back.
Of Course this is just heresay (from someone at Froce) ;)

79 HUSTLER
01-30-2006, 08:54 AM
The deal fell through on those. They only made one of each. I forget who is making them now but they (Cole's Molds) are still being used..

79 HUSTLER
01-30-2006, 08:58 AM
I think the larger boat (28??) didnt really perform to their expectations. So they are going to take a step back.
Of Course this is just heresay (from someone at Froce) ;)
The 28 Cole (Force) is a good running boat. Nothing was changed from the way that Jim Cole had it. When I spoke with John and Brad they had stated that the prices changed from what they were quoted. The first two were made and then the price went up after that, so no more deal. According to Force they still want to get in the V Bottom scene.

a catered life
01-30-2006, 09:37 AM
i'm not as deep into boats as some of you but i have gone for the past three years and havent seen to many body changes but i have seen a major change in the engines the viper seems to be the choice of many and all of the gels have gone from the skulls and wild mixed colors to a 2 maybe 3 color bolder look since i have a eliminator i am drawn to their stuff so i have to say i like the bass boat glitter gel....looks like i will have to miss a couple of years to be amazed with some of the new stuff......but i did like the arc audio ultra boat wild paint and sounds for yo ass :p

jbtrailerjim
01-30-2006, 09:45 AM
The deal fell through on those. They only made one of each. I forget who is making them now but they (Cole's Molds) are still being used..
I'm curious to know who is building boats with the old Cole molds. I love the lines of Coles 25 and 28 v-bottoms. I was excited when I saw Force was building them because I am a fan of Force boats. Bummer the deal fell through. I think they put out some really nice boats.

prozach
01-30-2006, 09:48 AM
alot of the Manufactureers did bring otu some very nice hardware. DCB set a bar and I think all the other manifacturers are doing a pretty good job of catching up. Im not a big DCB fan, but one of the things that I thought was great was the option of having the foot wash off at the bow. Its the little touches like that that continually keep DCB a step ahead.
The 36 Eliminator enclosed was very impressive. Badblown had his wooden boats there (hogan marine). I can say that I was also Impressed with Cobra boats. Every year there boats seem to step it up more and more.
And I saw a few boats that were Diesel powered. Orion and Eliminator both had Diesel Powered boats on display.
It was a good show......I wish I would have seen more of it, but I kept stopping at booths collecting beers and talking to other board members :D
Thats funny, my 1996 Hallett has a foot wash on the bow that has been standard equipment for years. Who's following who?

dicudmore
01-30-2006, 10:16 AM
I'm curious to know who is building boats with the old Cole molds. I love the lines of Coles 25 and 28 v-bottoms. I was excited when I saw Force was building them because I am a fan of Force boats. Bummer the deal fell through. I think they put out some really nice boats.
Jim I'm pretty sure Domn8er now has the old Cole V-hull molds :wink:

Newcastle
01-30-2006, 10:24 AM
Newcastles Orion was sick.. I really liked the setup and over all quality of the boat.
Thanks brotha...now I finally get to go see it today!!!
Be at the show about 2'ish...

NOTALENT
01-30-2006, 10:28 AM
Thanks brotha...now I finally get to go see it today!!!
Be at the show about 2'ish...
I must have talked to goodtimes for an hour. I cant wait to see how it handles. It was bitchin though bro. Definatley alot better then I expected. Impressive work. Aquaboogie was with me droolin over them.... :rollside: Too bad the canopies werent in and the wrong bases...it would have really set it off!!

Jordy
01-30-2006, 10:30 AM
I have seen boats with footwashes before......but there set up was definitely a step above what has been seen before ;)
Yeah, it was fully automatic and solid billet. :D :D :D

Newcastle
01-30-2006, 10:30 AM
I must have talked to goodtimes for an hour. I cant wait to see how it handles. It was bitchin though bro. Definatley alot better then I expected. Impressive work. Aquaboogie was with me droolin over them.... :rollside: Too bad the canopies werent in and the wrong bases...it would have really set it off!!
Damn! I thought it wanna gonna be done by now...Oh well, i guess sh*t always goes wrong and gets delayed when you buy new.
You're always welcome for a ride or test drive out in Havi. First trip scheduled for mid Feb. What bases are in it now? It should eventually get the Dana billet bases. It'll also get an HO instead of the mag that's in it.

NOTALENT
01-30-2006, 10:37 AM
Damn! I thought it wanna gonna be done by now...Oh well, i guess sh*t always goes wrong and gets delayed when you buy new.
You're always welcome for a ride or test drive out in Havi. First trip scheduled for mid Feb. What bases are in it now? It should eventually get the Dana billet bases. It'll also get an HO instead of the mag that's in it.
From what I remember..the bases are taller then they should be. They sent the wrong one's. And the canopies did not get there intime. I knew about the engine like you told me. And I think there were a couple more small things. He said it should be ready in a few more weeks...DAMN THAT ANTICIPATION!!! :crossx: There were alot of compliments on the gel. That is a sick fade job. did you get quoted insurance yet???

Newcastle
01-30-2006, 10:44 AM
From what I remember..the bases are taller then they should be. They sent the wrong one's. And the canopies did not get there intime. I knew about the engine like you told me. And I think there were a couple more small things. He said it should be ready in a few more weeks...DAMN THAT ANTICIPATION!!! :crossx: There were alot of compliments on the gel. That is a sick fade job. did you get quoted insurance yet???
Thanks. Yep, already got insurance. Would've been 997/yr with the mag, but an extra 250 or so with the 496HO. Somewhere around 1250/yr total.
These are gonna be the longest weeks ever!!! Tell Dana to send me the right bases, I'll put 'em in my damn self! anticipation sux

NOTALENT
01-30-2006, 10:47 AM
Thanks. Yep, already got insurance. Would've been 997/yr with the mag, but an extra 250 or so with the 496HO. Somewhere around 1250/yr total.
These are gonna be the longest weeks ever!!! Tell Dana to send me the right bases, I'll put 'em in my damn self! anticipation sux
haha...you will be there today...but them in check and tell them to recognize!!! :crossx: Also look at the front of the boat by the eye hook to hitch it...it looked cracked a bit..maybe just scratches..but I would have them fix her up...

Newcastle
01-30-2006, 10:50 AM
haha...you will be there today...but them in check and tell them to recognize!!! :crossx: Also look at the front of the boat by the eye hook to hitch it...it looked cracked a bit..maybe just scratches..but I would have them fix her up...
Coo coo...will do thanks. They best recognize!!! Always nice to have scouts out there making sure things are in order!

NOTALENT
01-30-2006, 10:52 AM
Coo coo...will do thanks. They best recognize!!! Always nice to have scouts out there making sure things are in order!
haha..you know how we do!!! lol...I think your definatley going to like it..and who knows..I maybe sitting in one next summer. :crossx:

Newcastle
01-30-2006, 10:56 AM
haha..you know how we do!!! lol...I think your definatley going to like it..and who knows..I maybe sitting in one next summer. :crossx:
Very nice...

rivergoer
01-30-2006, 11:01 AM
i was impressed with ultras usmc recon boat...i think that whole deal is an outstanding thing..its stuff like that...that brings up troop morale..

Jordy
01-30-2006, 11:05 AM
i was impressed with ultras usmc recon boat...i think that whole deal is an outstanding thing..its stuff like that...that brings up troop morale..
Eddie was there and is an amazing guy. Met him and talked to him for a while as well as both of the Ultra John's. Very cool bunch of people in the Ultra booth. ;)

UnionJack
01-30-2006, 11:05 AM
The 36 coupe, looked cool, if it would have been on the ground to climb in.... It would of been cooler, of couse the F32 was also very nice lots of billet stuff that reminds you your in a DCB, I liked the 26 Cobra cat with canopies...., the Lavey 28 coupe was wicked also.... The 32 Schiada was wild for them but very neat.
TPI, engines inperson were great looking, I also talked with the guys from ilmor, and they were great also.... They gave me lots of good info on there motors.
Now that Lavey and Schiada have 32 foot twin engines boats out.... Who is next in the west coast builder to do it?

rivergoer
01-30-2006, 11:12 AM
Eddie was there and is an amazing guy. Met him and talked to him for a while as well as both of the Ultra John's. Very cool bunch of people in the Ultra booth. ;)
yeah i just missed eddie..but got to chat with one of the ultra guys...very cool bunch of people..whenever i get to buy new im going to go to them.. :)

jbtrailerjim
01-30-2006, 11:17 AM
Jim I'm pretty sure Domn8er now has the old Cole V-hull molds :wink:
Did they have any on display at the show? I didn't have a chance to stop by there display.

dicudmore
01-30-2006, 11:50 AM
Did they have any on display at the show? I didn't have a chance to stop by there display.
I didn't look at any of their stuff but last I heard they've got the molds

jbtrailerjim
01-30-2006, 12:13 PM
I didn't look at any of their stuff but last I heard they've got the molds
I'm going back to the show on Wednesday. I guess I will have to swing by there display.

shippingguy
01-30-2006, 12:22 PM
yeah i just missed eddie..but got to chat with one of the ultra guys...very cool bunch of people..whenever i get to buy new im going to go to them.. :)
Rivergoer it was a pleasure meeting you and talking with you at the booth. Sorry we had to run out. Thanks to you and all of our other troops for what you guys do!!! If you ever need anything or any of your buddies let me know.
Mike

phebus
01-30-2006, 12:27 PM
Maybe that isn't a bow shower on the DCB's, but it is a bidet? That way only clean assholes can drive their boats?
Just too good an opening for a clean shot. People make it waaay to easy. :rollside: