PDA

View Full Version : What boat makers pulled a no show?

moneypit
01-29-2006, 10:16 PM
Did everyone show up this year? Everyone Sept Bob?

Kilrtoy
01-29-2006, 10:18 PM
commander
Kachina
Cheetah
Skater
Fountain
Cigarette

moneypit
01-29-2006, 10:28 PM
I dont recall ever seeing Skater, Fountain or Cigarette at the LA show...

Throttle
01-29-2006, 10:31 PM
commander
Kachina
Cheetah
Skater
Fountain
Cigarette
I am certain that Kachina does not come to LA, Cheetah ? Skater, maybe a bit shy in LA, but you can bet your azzz that they were here lurking! Fountain, they are usually here. Cigarette, I dunno.
The big ??? is what happened to the other company that sponsors the letter "C"?

MagicMtnDan
01-29-2006, 11:00 PM
They may have been there but I didn't see these guys:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/905P0003386-small.jpg
Nor did I see these guys:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/905P0003398-small.jpg

Ultrafied
01-29-2006, 11:06 PM
Yup ...Commander was a no show. Wonder why?

bigq
01-29-2006, 11:09 PM
Yup ...Commander was a no show. Wonder why?
They have not gone before. It cost a lot to do that so if the sales are good they will do some other gimmick like pay the sales tax.

Throttle
01-29-2006, 11:11 PM
mmmmmmm, well whatever.

Kilrtoy
01-29-2006, 11:27 PM
Last year 1 maybe even two Skaters
two years ago cig and fountain, I was in the fountain

Havasu Hangin'
01-30-2006, 04:46 AM
I believe the guys back east rely on West Coast dealers to show their boats.
That Nor Cal dealer brought Fred's MTI a couple years ago (and a couple Scarabs), but I didn't see him this year. It would have been nice this year if Scott Conrad showed with a Skater (or two).
I don't think those high-end boats (Skater, MTI, Nor-Tech, Cig, Outerlimits) really offer "show specials" anyway... :notam:

Tom Brown
01-30-2006, 05:29 AM
What about Trident? Was Wes there? I'd love to see some pics of the booth, if he was.

NOTALENT
01-30-2006, 06:22 AM
What about Trident? Was Wes there? I'd love to see some pics of the booth, if he was.
Wes was there, but no boat. Good guy.

Quality Time
01-30-2006, 08:17 AM
Sunsation had a fall-out with their local dealer. I take it Outerlimits wasn't represented either?

MagicMtnDan
01-30-2006, 08:21 AM
Last year I was in the fountain
Anyone have a pic of you in the fountain? :D

ChumpChange
01-30-2006, 08:21 AM
Sunsation had a fall-out with their local dealer. I take it Outerlimits wasn't represented either?
This was my major dissappointment. I wanted to look into the Outerlimits again this year. I guess I'll be making a trip to RI this year instead.

Quality Time
01-30-2006, 08:48 AM
This was my major dissappointment. I wanted to look into the Outerlimits again this year. I guess I'll be making a trip to RI this year instead.
Scott Conrad may have one or two in his shop that you could look at. If not, I can't think of a better reason to go to RI :p

H20 Toie
01-30-2006, 09:57 AM
They have not gone before. It cost a lot to do that so if the sales are good they will do some other gimmick like pay the sales tax.
No they have been there for as long as i can remember, i almost walked into there booth last year.

dicudmore
01-30-2006, 10:04 AM
No they have been there for as long as i can remember, i almost walked into there booth last year.
yeah the commander booth was usually one of my favorite stops :cool: :cool:
No surprise on Cheetah's absence...They don't do any boat shows except maybe in Havasu :wink:

Froggystyle
02-04-2006, 12:31 AM
Ummmm... Next Year????
Getting the boat on the water complete this weekend though...
Yee Haaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Lightning
02-04-2006, 07:47 AM
Force wasn't there either...err... they were there, but not really. All the boats in their booth were used boats.. One of them had over 40 hours on it. No salesmen, just some dude at a table that wasn't even getting up to meet and greet - very poor pr in my opinion.

Froggystyle
02-04-2006, 10:28 AM
Force wasn't there either...err... they were there, but not really. All the boats in their booth were used boats.. One of them had over 40 hours on it. No salesmen, just some dude at a table that wasn't even getting up to meet and greet - very poor pr in my opinion.
I almost responded to this thread with... "Yeah, that's my bad... I do appologize..." Funny that you came on next.
Way I see it, I am not going to go to the grandaddy of custom boat shows to look bad. I will be at LA when we can have the presence the boat deserves... and in the basement up against the wall with a card table ain't it...

Seasday
02-04-2006, 11:02 AM
I did not see them, were they there?
Speaking of there but barely. I was very disappointed by Domin8or. I was really looking forward to seeing the 25' Deck but the salesman (yeah right) would barely pull his ass out of the chair. When I asked a question he blessed me with a one word response. Let's just say they just fell off the short list.....hard!
Funny thing, shortly there after I was looking at 1/2 million dollar yachts and was treated very well, with respect and enthusiasm. I think this economy and every tom, dick and harry pulling equity out to buy $100k party boats has got a lot of these manufacturers a little jaded.
When it slows, and it will, Mister "I'm too cool for you" is going to be back bagging groceries.
Not everybody that has the means looks the part and not everybody that looks the part, actually has the means. Those A-holes better remember that!
Sorry to jack the thread.

LAVEYSABRE575
02-04-2006, 02:39 PM
I went to the show yesturday I really liked the new nordic thors lines. I talked to Lonnie Fluent about the boat the shifter is std on the right side with also a crawl under cabin the rigging looked awesome. They also have a 30 cat in the works the 27 will be water tested this week I'll be very interested in the 30 and how it works. I was also a bit disappointed in the force booth not even a hello from the chair guy. The wife loves the 33 daytona she would laydown for the program on that boat i said lets wait for the lavey 30 and the nordic 30 then we can dance. My favorite boat was the Carver yachts incredible boats....Derek

hotsand65
02-04-2006, 03:09 PM
I thought Commander was in BK or being bought out by someone?

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
02-04-2006, 03:49 PM
I thought Commander was in BK or being bought out by someone?
mmmm well I talk to Steve and he told me sales are up and they have 25 boat orders they are building now. The cost of the show vs the sales they already have.

KineticoH20
02-04-2006, 03:49 PM
Genesis was a no show also

THOR
02-04-2006, 05:37 PM
That is cuz they parked too close to Ultra last year and folks were laughing at their knock off version of the 247.

SDLifesaver
02-04-2006, 06:52 PM
Don't forget that ALL Ultras' were Bahners' when they started. Sorry, not a fan of Ultra.

Quality Time
02-04-2006, 09:08 PM
Genesis was a no show also
I didn't pay that close of attention, but weren't they downs stairs at the far end?

cc322
02-04-2006, 09:14 PM
I was there today and didnt see Water Rod boats very disapointed :wink:

BigDoug
02-04-2006, 09:32 PM
How about HTM ? I heard Leah sold the business, any truth to that ?

Debbolas
02-04-2006, 09:52 PM
commander
Kachina
Cheetah
Skater
Fountain
Cigarette
Kachina doesn't do the LA boat show.
They do have a spot at the Phoenix Boat Show :D

BADASS38CHEVY
02-04-2006, 10:13 PM
I went to the show yesturday I really liked the new nordic thors lines. I talked to Lonnie Fluent about the boat the shifter is std on the right side with also a crawl under cabin the rigging looked awesome. They also have a 30 cat in the works the 27 will be water tested this week I'll be very interested in the 30 and how it works. I was also a bit disappointed in the force booth not even a hello from the chair guy. The wife loves the 33 daytona she would laydown for the program on that boat i said lets wait for the lavey 30 and the nordic 30 then we can dance. My favorite boat was the Carver yachts incredible boats....Derek
Lavey is making a 30ft cat?

SnakeWrench
02-05-2006, 12:12 AM
I almost responded to this thread with... "Yeah, that's my bad... I do appologize..." Funny that you came on next.
Way I see it, I am not going to go to the grandaddy of custom boat shows to look bad. I will be at LA when we can have the presence the boat deserves... and in the basement up against the wall with a card table ain't it...
Dude, I applaud you for that. Good choice and keep it up. See you there soon though.

SnakeWrench
02-05-2006, 12:14 AM
How about HTM ? I heard Leah sold the business, any truth to that ?
Dude, that rumor has been flying around for some time. I saw her this week and she said nothing of the sort. Get it from her or it's just BS like all the other rumors that fly around L.A.

LaveyOne
02-05-2006, 07:25 AM
Lavey is making a 30ft cat?
Yup. It's due out next after their 38' offshore ...
Stay tuned! :rollside:

THOR
02-05-2006, 08:06 AM
Don't forget that ALL Ultras' were Bahners' when they started. Sorry, not a fan of Ultra.
Attn not a fan, that info is wrong. Good try though.

Magic34
02-05-2006, 08:15 AM
Yup. It's due out next after their 38' offshore ...
Stay tuned! :rollside:
38' offshore? I'll be looking at that one. :idea:

SDLifesaver
02-05-2006, 08:49 AM
I sent you a PM explaining the source of my accurate info.

Charley
02-05-2006, 09:17 AM
Any one see DCB, ? I couldn't find em :D

Miss Managed Assets
02-05-2006, 09:48 AM
We checked out DCB. Cool Stuff. Upper level, left corner, near Essex and Shockwave Boats.

RP1
02-05-2006, 09:50 AM
We checked out DCB. Cool Stuff. Upper level, left corner, near Essex and Shockwave Boats.
Did you get that Charley... :D

dicudmore
02-05-2006, 10:15 AM
can a brother get the details of said PM :idea:

dicudmore
02-05-2006, 10:17 AM
HTM was there, right next to Dominator if I remember correctly.
yes...yes they were...
Did anybody else give any of the boats a "punch test?"
You could push in the side of the HTM's...just a little flex :rolleyes: probably worth a couple MPH

Brooski
02-05-2006, 10:39 AM
Maybe I was just blind, but I never saw REX MARINE in the vendor area. Hmm :skull:

THOR
02-05-2006, 11:07 AM
can a brother get the details of said PM :idea:
Nothing you didnt know. The older LX models were originally Bahner boats. The new stuff (e.g Stealth's) are JW designs and/or creations. Also, SDlifesaver said he would put the smack down on me when he saw me next.

dicudmore
02-05-2006, 11:09 AM
Nothing you didnt know. The older LX models were originally Bahner boats. The new stuff (e.g Stealth's) are JW designs and/or creations. Also, SDlifesaver said he would put the smack down on me when he saw me next.
uh oh...hope he doesn't know what my boat looks like :wink:

Froggystyle
02-08-2006, 06:34 PM
yes...yes they were...
Did anybody else give any of the boats a "punch test?"
You could push in the side of the HTM's...just a little flex :rolleyes: probably worth a couple MPH
Come punch ours... bring ice.

Mandelon
02-08-2006, 06:46 PM
Genesis was there downstairs, in the back. The waaaay back. They had two boats, but no salespeople. E ticket was downstairs too.

bigq
02-08-2006, 07:51 PM
Better get your memory checked then, they have skipped some years. Even had big layout in the trader madazine stating they were "passing the saving on to our customers".
As far as Bahner goes try looking into the background of the owner of Genesis. I remember Bahner from the days out in Azusa and on Footill in San Dimas and the good ol' 18' bubble deck.
:)

haulina29
02-08-2006, 09:26 PM
To say that Ultra was Bahner is correct just because the dont make a 18SST anymore doesnt mean they werent Bahner they started with all Rods molds . Chevy doesnt make a Vega anymore either ?

Ultracrazy
02-08-2006, 10:00 PM
But he is only a fireman..........what kind of smack down can he really bring :rolleyes:

Ultrafied
02-08-2006, 10:36 PM
Well, I'm not quite sure are correct. The 23 deck, the 27 Shadow and the 21', 22', 24' & 28 Stealth's are Johns designs. Only the 19' Shadow and the 21' deck may have been Bahners. Even if you're not a fan, maybe you should qualify your statement. Some people may take your post as fact. :D :D

voodoomedman
02-08-2006, 11:20 PM
Well, I'm not quite sure are correct. The 23 deck, the 27 Shadow and the 21', 22', 24' & 28 Stealth's are Johns designs. Only the 19' Shadow and the 21' deck may have been Bahners. Even if you're not a fan, maybe you should qualify your statement. Some people may take your post as fact. :D :D
You're right Mike. And the 21 deck was big John D's mold. Not sure about the 19 though. But I'm not even sure they really do the 19 anymore. Only in extreme cases. Let's also not forget that John bought the company from Van Beek in 95 and has done wonders with the companies and the boat lines that last 11 years.
And as far as the boat show. Of course Ultra took there time to talk to me. All of them even though they were silly busy even on the last day talked to me and the family even when they know I love my boat and will not be upgrading soon. It was nice meeting Jay (Snakewrench) at Cobra and chatting for a bit. Thank goodness he didn't try to kill me for all my Cobra comments. And Barry at Shockwave took the time to say hi and see if I had any questions even though there were others in his booth. All the other guys big and little didn't even peep. I can afford a new boat. I don't want to buy a new one right now and in all honesty would probably end up with another Ultra if I did but it just amazes me how these guys don't even bat an eye. Hell for all they know I could be a millionaire and looking to buy a half a million dollar boat on the spot.

Havasu Cig
02-09-2006, 09:09 AM
No, and you probably never will. Skater does not do boat shows, Cigarette's market for the most part is on the east coast, and Fountain sells through it's dealers.

Havasu Cig
02-09-2006, 09:12 AM
I believe the guys back east rely on West Coast dealers to show their boats.
That Nor Cal dealer brought Fred's MTI a couple years ago (and a couple Scarabs), but I didn't see him this year. It would have been nice this year if Scott Conrad showed with a Skater (or two).
I don't think those high-end boats (Skater, MTI, Nor-Tech, Cig, Outerlimits) really offer "show specials" anyway... :notam:
Scott was in Florida for at least part of the time the show was going on when I called him on his cell. Not sure if maybe he is doing the Miami show or what. I don't think he pulls a lot of customers from the L.A. show.

Froggystyle
02-09-2006, 09:24 AM
Scott was in Florida for at least part of the time the show was going on when I called him on his cell. Not sure if maybe he is doing the Miami show or what. I don't think he pulls a lot of customers from the L.A. show.
Scott and Peter were in LA on the first Saturday. Talked to both of them for quite some time. Both are going to be in Miami I believe.