PDA

View Full Version : Are you addicted to Ebay?

Boozer
02-07-2007, 07:58 AM
Until recently I had not used Ebay for much. I purchased a car and 2 cold air intake systems. I use to buy all sorts of things at estate sales and have a friend list them for me on Ebay but I never did any of the listing myself.
About 3 weeks ago I started a project fixing up a motorcycle I picked up for almost nothing on Craigslist. I needed a few misc. items and decided to give Ebay a look. Sure enough I found what I needed AND a WHOLE lot more! In the past 3 weeks I have done some 40 transactions on Ebay and am pretty convinced that at this point I will never buy anything from a retail store again.
Also, I have found that for every piece of useless to me junk I have in my house there is someone willing to buy it on Ebay. Needless to say my garage is getting cleaned out and the usual haul to the dump will now be sold on Ebay. Why toss it out when someone wants give me money for it?
Anyone else highly addicted to Ebay?

RitcheyRch
02-07-2007, 08:08 AM
Agree, is very easy to get addicted to eBay. I myself spend way too much time and money on that site.

HocusPocus
02-07-2007, 08:11 AM
it comes and goes with me, depending on my current project. i have bought lots of automotive and boat stuff off of ebay. everytime i list any of the old chevy 4x parts i have they sell pretty good.

TheCarDudes
02-07-2007, 08:37 AM
Used to be addicted to eBay until a friend of mine showed me HB. :devil:
Great place to buy and sell.

Trailer Park Casanova
02-07-2007, 08:57 AM
You can find stuff on there ya can't find anyplace else.

topless
02-07-2007, 09:02 AM
Until recently I had not used Ebay for much. I purchased a car and 2 cold air intake systems. I use to buy all sorts of things at estate sales and have a friend list them for me on Ebay but I never did any of the listing myself.
About 3 weeks ago I started a project fixing up a motorcycle I picked up for almost nothing on Craigslist. I needed a few misc. items and decided to give Ebay a look. Sure enough I found what I needed AND a WHOLE lot more! In the past 3 weeks I have done some 40 transactions on Ebay and am pretty convinced that at this point I will never buy anything from a retail store again.
Also, I have found that for every piece of useless to me junk I have in my house there is someone willing to buy it on Ebay. Needless to say my garage is getting cleaned out and the usual haul to the dump will now be sold on Ebay. Why toss it out when someone wants give me money for it?
Anyone else highly addicted to Ebay?I want to know how the hell you collected so much stuff since you left California. When you moved from Norco, every single trash can was filled, not to mention the shit you left in the apartment. Are you a pack rat or something? Hell, I even had to call Waste Management to come pick your shit up.

Rexone
02-07-2007, 09:08 AM
I want to know how the hell you collected so much stuff since you left California. When you moved from Norco, every single trash can was filled, not to mention the shit you left in the apartment. Are you a pack rat or something? Hell, I even had to call Waste Management to come pick your shit up.
http://usera.imagecave.com/lakelover/rofl1.gif

sangervdrive
02-07-2007, 09:09 AM
It truly is a nation wide swap meet that you can search in seconds.

Boozer
02-07-2007, 09:14 AM
I want to know how the hell you collected so much stuff since you left California. When you moved from Norco, every single trash can was filled, not to mention the shit you left in the apartment. Are you a pack rat or something? Hell, I even had to call Waste Management to come pick your shit up.
What's with the hostility towards me lately? Seriously, you constantly put me down and act is if you are miss perfect. Not to mention you embelish the truth like crazy. I have been pretty reserved up until this point to allow YOU to save some face but I am not going to play nice anymore. Knock this shit off.

DILLIGAF
02-07-2007, 09:14 AM
Never used it but have browsed there from time to time. I doubt if I ever will either.....

TOBTEK
02-07-2007, 09:19 AM
have had pretty good experences on Ebay untill recent. I got BURNED for $500.00 from one seller on some neon signs. Two different screen names in two different cities. Did the whole paypal claim thing...useless!
Have bought and sold alot on there, have to do your research on the person your dealing with:(

topless
02-07-2007, 09:20 AM
What's with the hostility towards me lately? Seriously, you constantly put me down and act is if you are miss perfect. Not to mention you embelish the truth like crazy. I have been pretty reserved up until this point to allow YOU to save some face but I am not going to play nice anymore. Knock this shit off.
LOL, Boozer I'm giving you a hard time. You know I still luv ya.

AZKC
02-07-2007, 09:29 AM
Between Ebay and Amazon there is really know reason to go retail if you have the time to wait. But researching and staying within the rules is important. The new stuff Ebay has for cking bid history is great for catching sellers that have friends/family bid their crap up so you have to pay more.

Ziggy
02-07-2007, 12:04 PM
I haven't gained enough trust to use EBay........we have once or twice but that was about it. Just too fishy feeling for me.
Craigslist seems different, usually just local buyers.
Hard for anyone to have a retail shop if no one visits anymore. Then you have the Ebayers coming to the retail shops later after they purchase something but have no clue how to use or operate it and expect theretail store to bend over to help them..................yeah right:rolleyes:

Huckleberry
02-07-2007, 12:15 PM
Between Ebay and Amazon there is really know reason to go retail if you have the time to wait. But researching and staying within the rules is important. The new stuff Ebay has for cking bid history is great for catching sellers that have friends/family bid their crap up so you have to pay more.
Yep. What he said. Amazon or ebay. eBay has been pretty good about catching scammers with their buddies upping the bids. I just had an auction that I was bidding on get cancelled for exactly this reason. Most eBayers are very legit. I've never been shafted there and I have bought dozens of items.

Arkansas
02-07-2007, 12:49 PM
Currently addicted....recently been involved in some Crown Royal fueled bidding wars. Thank goodness I lost as the wifey probably wouldn't of cared too much for me adding a 14' Boston Whaler Rage to my arsenal....

Misogynist
02-07-2007, 12:56 PM
I've made many purchases off e-bay.... Yesterday I purchased a new, in the box, toolmakers vice. It was at a freight recovery company. They didn't even bother to take the vice out of the plastic. So almost no one bid on it. I knew what it was and what it was worth.... New... $388.00 plus shipping. My price on e-bay?....... $38.00 plus 12 bucks shipping. Tell me I didn't get a good deal. Last week I purchased a new Pratt Burnerd collet for a closer I own. Retail for the collet? $265.00 plus freight. My cost off e-bay... $20.00 plus 15 shipping. Two months ago I purchased a good used 12" 6 Jaw Pratt Burnerd lathe chuck. New it would have cost me over 3,000.00 with the mount. My price? $165.00 . I picked it up in Anaheim.. didn't have to pay shipping and it is just like new. Probably never used. If I need any tools or supplies I always check e-bay first. Then local suppliers.